Integrating drivers into nLite: PnP and text mode

vipejc

I used nLite to add a SATA RAID driver for my VIA chipset and create an ISO, but I'm not sure if I did it right. The mode is PnP, but shouldn't this be text mode? I then clicked the help icon, and nLite stated that if you were expecting a text-mode driver and it's not here, make sure you place the driver's "txtsetup.oem" in the same folder as its .INF. So I moved "txtsetup.oem" from the drvdisk folder to the subfolder XP where the .cat, .INF, and .sys files are. Did I do it right?

Moving txtsetup.oem in the same folder as the others is a correct move, but you are right about choosing TXT mode for SATA/RAID/AHCI drivers; so, if you integrated a RAID driver as PnP, I'm afraid you'll have to redo the procedure.

Cheers

How do I give nLite the text-mode driver so it shows Mode TXT, not PNP? It asked for the .INF, so I pointed it to VIAMRAID.INF. What am I doing wrong?

Here's the folder structure of the driver package. I tried both VIAMRAID.INFs, but nLite shows both as Mode PNP.

VIA_VRAID_Windows_V6.00a

VRAIDDrv

XP

x86

x86/viamraid.cat

x86/VIAMRAID.INF

x86/viamraid.sys

drvdisk

x86

XP

XP/viamraid.cat

XP/VIAMRAID.INF

XP/viamraid.sys

Look at this page, picture #11 http://win-x.co.cc/nliteimages.html Anyway, did you include txtsetup.oem in the same folder?

As I said, yes, I moved "txtsetup.oem" inside the XP folder. I did it a second time, and this time it worked. nLite shows Mode TXT. Am I ready to burn the ISO? Or, should I move "txtsetup.oem" inside the other folder with the other VIAMRAID.INF?

A simple comparison of VIAMRAID.INF in both folders should tell you if they are the same. If they are, then nLite only needs one.

Report back for further steps if they are not the same. Then we will find which one is suitable for you.

Cheers

Both copies of VIAMRAID.INF are 3 KB. If "txtsetup.oem" is in either the x86 or XP folder, nLite offers the text-mode option. I'm guessing the XP folder is correct because that's a subfolder of the drvdisk folder, which is the folder where all the files are stored that XP would read from the floppy disk after you press F6 to install a driver during setup. The VIAMRAID.INF in the x86 folder seems like it's the PnP version that the VIA setup program would install while Windows is online. Does it sound like I did it right?

When I said "compare", I meant open them with Notepad and see if the file version and/or the date are the same :rolleyes:

Cheers

Both VIAMRAID.INFs are identical. Does this mean I can use either one regardless of if it's in the x86 or XP folder?

Strange driver package.

I would move txtsetup.oem to VIA_VRAID_Windows_V6.00a\VRAIDDrv\drvdisk\x86\XP and point nLite to the inf in that folder.

Strange driver package.

I would move txtsetup.oem to VIA_VRAID_Windows_V6.00a\VRAIDDrv\drvdisk\x86\XP and point nLite to the inf in that folder.

Or just take the driverpack I have prepared for XP users with a VIA RAID system.

Here is the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?c5lbl0itrghsltt

Regards

Fernando

Strange driver package.

That's what I did. nLite integrated VIAMRAID.INF as text mode, and VIAMRAID.SY_ is in the I386 folder. I'd say it's time to burn the ISO, wouldn't you?