BatchPatcher Downloader

Glenn9999

Glenn9999. Please can you enable those CAB files to be downloaded. Maybe i can try and see if i could install with those files

I can if they can be used to install (or MSU isn't served at all). In the meantime, there isn't anything stopping you from taking the link and downloading it yourself. Here is the link from your list for KB2567680.

• 2 weeks later...

New Revision.

Changes from 0.12 BETA

----------------------

1. Items with no applicable files are shown in the listings. This has been fixed.

2. Add filtering capability. Typing in the edit box before and after will change what is shown in the results. For example, type ".NET" in the edit box and then hit "filter results" and it will only show items with ".NET" in the title.

3. Offline Scanning Functionality Added. If you functionally need it, you can place the WSUSSCN2.CAB file in the same folder as the executable and click "File/Offline Mode" and it will use that WSUSSCN2.CAB file to scan against instead of Windows Update Online. Note this file only consists of the Windows Update material and not Microsoft Update, so you will only see Windows Update items *even* if you opt-in to Microsoft Update. If you wish to download this file, you can locate the link online, or use the "WSUS Offline Scanner File" bookmark within the program. This file is around 26MB (26.5MB at the moment), and you will have to redownload it all to update it, so thought is important if you wish to use this feature.

4. URL filtering process changed. ".MSU" has been removed. ".CAB" has been added, where "express" does not exist. I have noticed through studying the WSUSSCN2.CAB that it does not offer MSU files but CAB files instead. This is how Windows Vista and Seven works internally for updates, so hopefully these files can be used. I understand they can, but can not test it, so hopefully this solves any issues.

5. Downloading process changed a bit.

Other than a couple of fine downloading points, the program is feature-complete now as far as what I want it to do (for now). This means all I'll be looking to do from my standpoint is clean up code and fix bugs before I call it done. But that doesn't mean that I won't entertain feature ideas. If you have any, by all means share!

Edited by Glenn9999

• 1 month later...

New Revision

Changes from 0.13 BETA

----------------------

1. Fixed AV on downloading Windows Update Agent.

2. Elements on the Main Window now resize with the form.

3. Several small interface cleanups.

4. Added file size information to the status process for the file check menu.

5. Documentation updated.

Edited by Glenn9999

• 1 month later...

New Revision. I didn't see much wrong with all the testing I did and haven't heard anything from anyone else, so this appears to be ready for 1.00.

Changes from 0.14 beta
----------------------------------
1. Added several options on the About menu which link to the help file.
2. Added context-sensitive help (F1) for each screen.
3. Changed the program to use XP-themed controls.

As it should state in the documentations, by all means distribute this to other sites with my blessing.

Edited by Glenn9999

• 2 years later...

I don't know if anyone is still using this program or not, but I thought I'd point out what I noticed in using this on Windows 8.1.  It functions for me just as it did in Windows XP, except the "Offline Mode" will fail.  All you will need to do is "Run as Administrator" and this part will work.  I put a manifest into the file I have here to do UAC elevation no matter what, but I figured it wasn't a big enough change to warrant releasing since the "Run as Administrator" option is there.  Hope that helps.

EDIT: I put the program on the first post so it should be easier to locate and download.

but does that mean guys with win 7 system would not be able to use this program. or you'll be looking into ways of making it happen

Like I said, I don't know anything about win7 administration to know if you could do anything with those CAB files like what is in the first link. The best I could do is enable those to be shown in the list so it'll be downloaded. After that, I really can't say.

See Batch Patcher.  I enabled 2.0 to handle patching systems with CAB files.

Edited by Glenn9999

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/5/2017 at 6:41 AM, pcalvert said:

This is definitely a useful program. It would be even better if it preserved the timestamps of the downloaded updates.

I saw your post just now.  Anyway, I'll definitely put that on the list should I have occasion to pick this program up to do another version.

• 5 months later...
On 2/7/2018 at 5:22 AM, Glenn9999 said:

I saw your post just now.  Anyway, I'll definitely put that on the list should I have occasion to pick this program up to do another version.

I'm looking at stuff to do in my pile of projects, and right now (when I get to it), my decisions are between this project and an unreleased music player that I haven't even talked about until now. 

In that light, I had a question about this project: How much of the functionality is stuff that people actually use?  I mainly put a lot of it in for what I needed in Windows XP, or because I thought it would be cool and not necessarily because it provides any good or decent function.  Add to that that I actually have what amounts to a Alpha 2 version of a BatchPatcher Downloader 2.0 here, which is a lot more stripped down and has a few additional functions made possible by more tightly integrating what I did with the program I did to actually run patches offline.  So it'd be good to know what functionality to carry over to the new version.

Of course, with most all my projects I've talked about on here or offered, I don't even know if there's any interest that still remains.  If there is, by all means please let me know if there's any functionality that I could reasonably pull from the version offered here...  Of course, if I pick it back up, input on any additional things it could do would always be welcome.

• Tarun unpinned this topic