Whatever i do, i get error during installation..

markiz

..even if i do not change anything. The error i get is something like: "...cd\dvd drive device drivers missing..". From what googling told me, it has nothing to do with disc drive, it's some kind of raid/ahci/ issue.

When i try to install original iso, everything works great.

Some background: i'm trying to "clean up" windows 7x86. Yes, i know there is 7lite, but for some reason it does not work at all when i try it. It just hangs there, or says my iso is corrupted or something like that. I'm simply trying to remove those big space wasters like music and video samples, tablet and speech support, stuff like that. I'm also installing from USB, but the same thing happened when i tried it with dvd. I also downloaded intels matrix storage drivers and tried with them to no avail.

Any ideas?

..even if i do not change anything. The error i get is something like: "...cd\dvd drive device drivers missing..". From what googling told me, it has nothing to do with disc drive, it's some kind of raid/ahci/ issue.

It just hangs there, or says my iso is corrupted or something like that.

I would replace the DVD-RW drive.

Why would you do so? I am 100% confident that my suggested solution is gonna work.

Edited by neo2k

Why would you do so? I am 100% confident that my suggested solution is gonna work.

Sounds like the drive may be bad, because you also reported it hanging, then displays an error about it being corrupted.

Especially if all new burns fail with the same symptoms.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

Sounds like the drive may be bad, because you also reported it hanging, then displays an error about it being corrupted.

Especially if all new burns fail with the same symptoms.

You did not read the whole post.. Part about "hanging" is refered to 7lite when trying to load iso image from my hard drive.

thanks neo2k, i will try that and report back.