New DVD disc skips setup

eddie11013

Made a new nlited DVD disc today, rebooted, but it skipped the step - press any key - and went straight into regular windows. Put it my "old" backup dvd disc and the - press any key - showed up. Burned a new dvd disc ( I always use DVD-RW's), rebooted and it also skipped the - press any key. Started nlited from scratch again, original windows xp and then integrate everything, same result, no - press any key. FYI: I usually create a new disc every few months just to keep things nice and clean.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Eddie

LAST SESSION.INI

You probably missed some hidden files from the original cd. That's all I can think of if you say you've used nLite plenty of times with success :} . Does the (destination) optical drive see the files on the media ?

It seems that the file BOOTFIX.BIN is missing (or corrupt) inside I386 folder.

The text file is : Press any key to start from the CD-ROM (Appuyez sur n'importe quelle touche pour démarrer du CD-ROM.)?

Sometimes when I've used many times DVD-RW I've some similar problems...and now I prefer use ISO file with Oracle VM VirtualBox.

And if all works fine, I burn the iso file on a DVD-R.

BOOTFIX.BIN

Edited by myselfidem

@myselfidem

Hmmm, well the BOOTFIX.BIN "is" in the DVD disc that I created that didn't work. I suppose its possible that its corrupted as you stated. When I first started this whole 'nlite' thing I first made a copy of my original disc so that I wouldn't mess up the original. So I'll try and use a 'fresh' copy.

@Ponch

Don't understand what you mean by: Does the (destination) optical drive see the files on the media ? -- When I put the DVD disc in, I can "see" all the files. If your referring to the "ISO" created by nlite, I already deleted it so I can't go back and check it.

Thanks again for your assistance,

Eddie

Still need help. Tried a fresh copy of my windows xp pro operating system from my original disc. Still didn’t work. Am using ImgBurn v2.5.5.0 to burn ISO created by nlite. Tried using Deep Burner v1.9.0.228 to burn ISO, still didn’t work. Instead of using DVD-RW’s to burn ISO, tried using DVD+R, still didn’t work. My backup DVD still works with the message - press any key.

Thanks again for any suggestions,

Eddie

To save time and DVD-R or DVD+R, you can use Oracle VM VirtualBox to make tests with ISO file created:

Oracle VM VirtualBox

User Manual

Testing ISO file Image

*Edit: Maybe it is a problem with the software to burning the DVD.

You can try Nero Burning Rom:

Nero BurnLite 10

Edited by myselfidem

Through trail and error I have determined that the latest "update pack" is the source of my problem. Using XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack_1.4.8_20110208.7z for Windows XP Post-SP3 user_hidden on 02-08- 2011 http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7184 I will register and post a comment on the Ryan site. As an FYI, I got a fresh copy of SP3, nlite program and the "update" pack. When I left out the "pack", and included everything else, the process worked as it should. "Including" the 'update' pack caused the previously described failure.

Just wondering, can the "update pack" still be used after a fresh installation, if one were necessary?

Thanks,

Eddie