How do I make and install XP skins?

BookWorm

Windowblinds looks great, but unless you have a very expensive computer, it's too slow.

I have found enough information on the internet to confirm that skins can be installed in XP, and that something must be patched to make it accept non-Microsoft skins. (Where do I get that patch?) All I can find about making or (with rare exceptions that install themselves) installing skins requires Windowblinds.

How do I make an *XP* (not Windowblinds) skin from existing graphics (actually I installed Windowblinds just so I could steal the bitmaps from a skin I like :whistle: ) and install it?

How do I make an *XP* (not Windowblinds) skin from existing graphics (actually I installed Windowblinds just so I could steal the bitmaps from a skin I like :whistle: ) and install it?

I'd like to know the answer to this part, actually (how to create a theme). Looked a lot (off and on) and only found mention of Windowblinds.

Windowblinds looks great, but unless you have a very expensive computer, it's too slow.

Oh really? :no:

I ran Windowblinds on a 133MHz Windows 98 PC with Transparencies enabled, and yes it was a little too slow. It would lock up after 10 minutes of moving windows around when transparencies were turned on. However my current Win98 PC has no problems running Windowblinds (it has the same HDD in it that was originally in the 133MHz) as can be seen here:

trans2.jpg

:thumbup

Anyways, we have a forum about modifying Windows appearance, so I'll move this topic there. :hello:

• 1 month later...