R2 CnQ not Working

renq

Installed 2008 R2 on my PC and also SP1 (MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.7.AND.SERVER.2008.R2.SERVICE.PACK-1.RTM.X64.WAVE1.RIP.DVD-WZ.ZUKO :blushing: ).

The problem is that I cant get Cool n Quiet working (wont lower the multiplier), it's set on Auto in Bios. It worked in W7 X64 Ultimate.

BTW, the CPU is a Phenom II X2 560 BE with unlocked 4 cores @ 3,89GHz (was ok in W7)

Tried Power Saver plan, nothing. Advanced Power Options looks like this:

Capture.PNG

I know there should be two more options:

- Minimum processor state

- Maximum processor state

but here isn't.

Edited by renq

I would agree with Kels. Uninstall SP1 and go back to RTM, and see if the options are there. I have them on a few machines (Intel and AMD), and it's lacking on a few others - those options will only show if the processor driver Windows is using supports those features, and they're enabled and being read properly from the BIOS during boot.

Did you install the proper CPU driver needed by C&Q?

Just install the C&Q driver for windows 7 64 (compatible with 2008 R2) and make sure

the C&Q is enabled in BIOS.

Installed 2008 R2 on my PC and also SP1 (MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.7.AND.SERVER.2008.R2.SERVICE.PACK-1.RTM.X64.WAVE1.RIP.DVD-WZ.ZUKO :blushing: ).

The problem is that I cant get Cool n Quiet working (wont lower the multiplier), it's set on Auto in Bios. It worked in W7 X64 Ultimate.

BTW, the CPU is a Phenom II X2 560 BE with unlocked 4 cores @ 3,89GHz (was ok in W7)

Tried Power Saver plan, nothing. Advanced Power Options looks like this:

Capture.PNG

I know there should be two more options:

- Minimum processor state

- Maximum processor state

but here isn't.