Intel or AMD

Bad boy Warrior

After reading one of my posts about Sandy Bridge CPU (where they have a fault) and reading around, im considering if AMD would be any better?

Im a little sceptical going with Intel now as one would never know if they have a faulty component or not until its too late and even then there would be worries about replacement, time delay etc etc.

So as it usually stands it could be a small enough issue thats risen to a huge issue, so is it still ok to wait on this CPU or

Look into AMD?

Or even wait for the new model CPU (LGA2011)

Thanks

I want to point out that there is nothing wrong with the Sandy Bridge CPU! The problem Intel reported it only for the 6 Series of motherboards, including: DH67CF, DH67BL, DH67CL, DP67BA, DP67DE and DP67BG. It is also not really stated if the Sandy Bridge problem is in other integrator's boards like Asus or Gigabyte, etc or if it is just Intel branded boards.

Hi well with what i read they are recalling the cpus and wont be ready to ship until febuary at least thats what there press release said. As for intel or amd I used to love amd never would have anything else until they did the triple core bit which was a quad with one bad core. I never bought a amd cpu because it was cheaper some of the first athlon 64 chips where not cheap but they where faster than intel p4's by far. Today that is not the case intel has the fastest so I of course would wait on the intel. Dont be so eager you get pushed into something you wont be happy with.

I want to point out that there is nothing wrong with the Sandy Bridge CPU! The problem Intel reported it only for the 6 Series of motherboards, including: DH67CF, DH67BL, DH67CL, DP67BA, DP67DE and DP67BG. It is also not really stated if the Sandy Bridge problem is in other integrator's boards like Asus or Gigabyte, etc or if it is just Intel branded boards.

indeed, nothing wrong until now with the CPU (APU? :P). The problem has to be found for the SATA 300 ports, they can go AWOL, seems that one transistor in the whole package is getting too much voltage and is messing up the whole system. Now, the SATA 600 ports seem to be fine. They think that 10 to 15% of the boards will get problems with the SATA ports in the next 3 to 5 years. So, I see it as a small risk. A lot of web-shops say that the boards are out of stock but are still stocking them and waiting for Intel's response. I would personally give a rats behind about the SATA 300 ports as the 600 ports are just fine, and if you have a huge storage you would go for an additional RAID setup any way.

---

AMD is a cheaper solution and you get what you pay for. If you go for the best CPU performance than Intel will do best, if you go for best price/performance than AMD would be better, read AMD CPU+Mobo+GPU for the price of intel CPU+Mobo. Just my 2 cents. :)