WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

My dear Jfx, u r surely correct, it is we who are running quite a bit behind. So, pls, tell us how we get around to regaining track of your fixes, so that at least we will be able to start somewhere. To give u a clue, we have applied almost the same scripts to win11 as we had done to win10. Pls also take into account that we have patched the explorer in order to have the taskbar on top, rather than at the bottom. Should we have done (and do) so after applying your fixes or was (is) that ok issue-wise? 

it will not complete the booting and a warning window says error with desktop.xml something and then I call the menu which stays unpopulated, if it completes the opening.  Shall I run miniwin first time without mysoftware.txt and then with mysoftware.txt and see the difference? one different aspect is smaller size, mysoftware.txt might have taken out too much though.  well, not really so. now that I have checked mysoftware.txt, I see that it entirely prevents certain files and folders from being deleted, therefore it cannot be the cause. I also have had to keep net.framework and assembly. do u want the txt's that take stuff out instead of those which keep stuff in and have a look? i can post them here if u like. I might as well post a list of the services we got left, as we have desabled some and then run device remover to eliminate all grey ones. that is all there is to the extra deletions I can think of. and of course no issue with windows 10. here I got a more detailed description of the error at bootup: DesktopWindowXamlSource: Explorer.exe - Fail Safe Exception, and then further down in the error window it says that all handlers will be immediately terminated.

Edited by Antonino

47 minutes ago, SIW2 said:

will wimcapture append to an existing wim ?

Yes, if the WIM already exists, than a new index will be appended to it.

• JFX changed the title to WinNTSetup v5.2.6 / 5.3 Beta 6

Good, than it's probably the drive label. GUI is using the filename as drive label.
I can't find anything other than it is limited to 32 characters.
Beta 6 will now trimm it to 32 chars or rename the label to "VHD" is case of such a problem.

On 12/26/2022 at 11:46 AM, Antonino said:

looking forward to the fix, and Merry Xmas to all. I regret reboot.pro is down so I extend my wishes to all of u who are here and belong there too.

Do you have more info on reboot.pro? It's been down for weeks now.