WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

Hi dedwot,

I can't reproduce it here, maybe it helps if you disable multi core feature introduced it 4.0.

[Options]
UseMultiCore=0

Maybe it related to x86 version, if possible always use WinNTSetup_x64.exe.

Edited by JFX

8 hours ago, JFX said:

Hi dedwot,

I can't reproduce it here, maybe it helps if you disable multi core feature introduced it 4.0.

[Options]
UseMultiCore=0

Maybe it related to x86 version, if possible always use WinNTSetup_x64.exe.

win_x86 + winntsetup_x86 = bug, UseMultiCore=0 solved this bug. win_64 + winntsetup_x86 or x64 = no bug. thnx

Yes, it's sadly down a while now, but I don't think that I can be of any help.
All communication was done on the forum, I can't even find any email address anymore :ph34r:

Hi wimb, JFX,
Yeah, the site down for the 2nd time, and for a while now, I'hope it's in intensive care.
I'm not working on it but at the request of a few, I uploaded the latest package on github 2 months ago here https://github.com/ChrisRfr/Win10XPE
It is cut in 2 parts, Win10XPE_2019-12-19.7z.001 and .002 in accordance with the 100 Mb Github size limit
Kyhi(James) also shares the projet with additional 3rd party Apps plugins on tenforums here: Win10XPE - Build Your Own Rescue Media

14 minutes ago, ChrisR said:

Hi wimb, JFX,
Yeah, the site down for the 2nd time, and for a while now, I'hope it's in intensive care.
I'm not working on it but at the request of a few, I uploaded the latest package on github 2 months ago here https://github.com/ChrisRfr/Win10XPE
It is cut in 2 parts, Win10XPE_2019-12-19.7z.001 and .002 in accordance with the 100 Mb Github size limit
Kyhi(James) also shares the projet with additional 3rd party Apps plugins on tenforums here: Win10XPE - Build Your Own Rescue Media

Hallo ChrisR :)

Thanks for your help and to give an alternative site at GitHub for download of Win10XPE :thumbup (the best PE ever made)

• 3 weeks later...

haven't used winntsetup quite some time..

On 10/14/2015 at 5:47 PM, JFX said:

Further is now possible to set defaults to the folder browsing option in your ini file.

Following will set all the dialogs to the same dir as where WinNTSetup.exe is located.

[WinNT5]dir=.\[WinNT6]dir=.\

There are also driverdir, sourcedir, unattenddir, oemdir, and rundir avalible.

All dialogs will remember the last location, this also includes changes made by ini or command line.

[WinNT6]

dir=.\ ->really did the trick! 

driverdir -> Drivers=subdir with space\subdir

sourcedir -> Source=subdir\subdir with space\filename.ext   ;#ext=[esd|iso|swm|wim]   #complains about invalid source AFTER pressing Setup

unattenddir -> UnattendedFile=somedir\somefile.abc   ;#winntsetup doesn't check if it's valid .xml file - windows propably will

[WinNT6\READY]

oemdir -> OEM=somedir

rundir -> seems not to exist, not to remember and not saving to ini by pressing Ctrl+S, neither do run= nor runfile=

[WinNT6\TWEAKS]

RegTweaks=anotherdir

A leading \ will break the line as it is not recognized any more

@JFX: RegTweaks= always resolves to full qualified path

On 10/16/2015 at 7:08 PM, JFX said:

It's designed that way to remember all changes.

I really like the idea remembering changes like last dir .. very handy if working with gui

On 10/17/2015 at 12:01 PM, Ulaiphur said:

This does not help anybody. The idea of an ini file is to overwrite any existing values. Hence load ini file.

A correct way was the program to remember the previous paths used BUT if a .ini file was loaded, it will overwrite the previous used values.

I am with Ulaiphur on that one and it seems now to be implemented that way. I guess commandline takes precedence over ini settings as well, doesn't it?

Request: drop full qualified paths in favor of relative paths to WinNTSetup.exe IF they are in same dir (or beneath) for even better portability

I wish there was more/better documentation. I wouldn't bother either - if the code is well someone else might write the docs. btw: where's diddy?

But then, i guess it's better to have working undocumented code than the other way round (until there is a develpment environment thats creating related documentation on the fly)

Thanx once again for such a great tool - very much appreciated

Default folder are all read from the Main section:

[WinNT6]
dir 
unattenddir
driverdir
oemdir
rundir
sourcedir
regtweaksdir

Dir values are only read and expanded never written. Use .\ or ..\ prefix for relative paths.

3 hours ago, mukke said:

I wish there was more/better documentation.

There is little point in having great s/w if no one knows how to use it correctly or fully.

Only the people who are willing to spend a lot of time learning all about it will ever use it.

The other 95% of people will never use it and never realise how great it is!

The documentation could be a simple readme.txt which can be displayed in Notepad (F1 option) or a website page which you can easily update, or a PDF or even a nicely written eBook in PDF format which you can sell for a few dollars!

How to use WinNTSetup x64 and ISO file for Installation of Windows 10 x64 in VHD or partition of SSD harddisk 

Manual: Win10_Install.pdf 

Subjects like Download ISO, Create VHD, use Tweaks, Unattended Install, Add Drivers and Capture WIM are described and illustrated with Screenshots.

Edited by wimb

Thanks, but I mean a proper document just for WinNTSetup not a general guide on how to install Windows.

The manual should include all the special hotkeys (e.g. ctrl+shift+d, function keys, parameters, etc.) and special switches which are currently undocumented.

The first post in this thread provides some details but not ALL details.

On 5/1/2020 at 10:51 AM, SteveSi said:

Thanks, but I mean a proper document just for WinNTSetup not a general guide on how to install Windows.

The manual should include all the special hotkeys (e.g. ctrl+shift+d, function keys, parameters, etc.) and special switches which are currently undocumented.

The first post in this thread provides some details but not ALL details.

Sure I know, but the given Manual can be helpful and is NOT general but specific on using WinNTSetup :w00t:

A complete description with ALL details and Screenshots just for WinNTSetup will be better of course.

Edited by wimb