WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

#                 Kingston sata DC GPT                   |970 Pro GPT 1To                        |Hitachi HGST 4To GPT                   |970 Evo Plus 2To en MBR |QNAP boitier 4 HDD                                                           |USB_ExtremePro128 |USB_ExtremePro64
DriveComboExclude={54B4B614-0E5A-43A1-80F7-C18469290354} |{1CC633DE-DD91-4FD3-AF52-CF6FD8BBA4C7} |{9C9C7C96-951E-49F7-9373-2D33057ECA5C} |DBE68027                |QNAP TR-004 DISK00|QNAP TR-004 DISK01|QNAP TR-004 DISK02|QNAP TR-004 DISK03  |0AB90B28          |B650E7B5

isn't the "ini data" ? (sorry for my english)

"winntsetup.exe disks" display correctly disks, seems nothing wrong with output, it ignore DriveComboExclude

imho, it seems under win pe , loading DriveComboExclude over 8 items from ini result in a blank DriveComboList

same .ini under full windows works correctly, so atm, I have a .ini for winpe usage , with <8 DriveComboExclude ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 5:58 PM, JFX said:

No, just use the unattend option. Win7-11-Select.xml will let you skip all question during setup, including online account creation.

will u consider to add bypassnro into tweaks?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OOBE]
"BypassNRO"=dword:00000001

Edited by josywong
correct reg

• JFX changed the title to WinNTSetup v5.2.5

WinNTSetup 5.2.5

- updated ADK tools to version 22621.1
- disables DumpStack.log.tmp file creation
- disables network requirement for Windopws 11 (disconnected devices only)
- Logs are saved in \Windows\Log\WinNTSetup\%Date%_%Time%
- added NVRAM log
- added NVRAM tool: WinNTSetup_x64 NVRAM
- added CatRoot trimm tool: WinNTSetup_x64 CATTrim

17 hours ago, JFX said:

WinNTSetup 5.2.5

- added NVRAM log

Tahnks a lot for your work! The tool has saved me so many headaches with windows trying to install the boot partition on random disks all the time. I'm now trying to install a custom version of XP (it's basically a collection for modern motherboards drivers and other stuff) called integral edition but as soon as I boot into the newly created disk I get the following error in the setup:"the file wdf01000.sys could not be found". This for example, doesn't happen with a USB created using WinSetupFromUSB (maybe because it supports custom setups?). Not sure if you even care, since this is a custom iso for an obsolete OS, but I thought reporting the problem wouldn't hurt.

Edited by JakoDel

Yeah, i could never find the motivation, to support customized Windows XP installations.
And now with dropped WinXP support, I don't think this will change.

Lately started getting error messages when creating new vhd dynamic files.

"Error creating VHD 0x495 - The Volume ID could not be found."

After the error VHD file appears and cannot be deleted until reboot or mount and unmount. Also having strange size of 90+MB (dynamic).

Either error, or WinnNTSetup hangs while creating the disk, only can be killed via task manager.

Windows disk manager creates dynamic VHD without any problem.

Error occurs both in 5.2.4 and 5.2.5.

Windows 11 Pro build 22000.795

If creating static instant VHD via WinNTSetup it takes really long time (several minutes) while previously it was actually instant.

On another point. I am normally running WinNTSetup from read only media (iso file), each time it asks to install ADK, each time getting "Downloading ADK files failed!" and then it works fine, Is it possible to skip the ADK download or not to ask to install it if media is read only?

Thanks for great solution! Really great program!!!

P.S. I'd recently discovered for myself differencing VHD mechanism built in in windows, is it possible to integrate it in one of the embedded tools of WinNTSetup to create differencing VHD, attaching them to existing VHD and creating BCD entry for it? Would be really nice to have it there!

Edited by sharicov@gmail.com

Nothing was changed with VHD creation, maybe your system has a problem with VDS service.
I will add differencing VHD creation option to next version.

Don't run it from something else that a NTFS formatted drive, that not fully supported.

On 7/18/2022 at 11:54 AM, JFX said:

WinNTSetup 5.2.5

- added NVRAM log

Hi JFX, thanks for the new version.

I will appreciate a lot a brief explanation about how to use NVRAM tool and CatRoot trim tool.

After downloading the v5.25 from MediaFire and run it the first time to download required non-distributable files from MS,  I was able to find \WinNTSetup\Tools\CATTrim.ini, but I can't find anything related to NVRAM in \WinNTSetup\Tools\ folder.

alacran

Hi alacran,

just run it from command prompt:

WinNTSetup_x64.exe NVRAM

NVRAM 1.00

Usage:
NVRAM option [ID|DisplayName]

Options:

(A)dd      "full_path_to_EFI_File" "DisplayName"
 (D)el      [ID|DisplayName]
 (S)etfirst [ID|DisplayName]
 BootNe(x)t [ID|DisplayName]
 (E)num

E(n)ter UEFI on next boot

It's a command line modification of the boot entries and boot order stores in UEFI NVRAM.
Kinda a command line version of BOOTICE UEFI options.

WinNTSetup_x64.exe CATTRIM

CatTrim 1.00 - Only use with WinPE or MinWin installations!

This Will delete "non essential" catalogs in \System32\CatRoot folder!

Usage: CatTrim "Windows directory"

CatTrim will remove most catalogs in \System32\CatRoot and delete or rebuild the cached database in \System32\CatRoot2 folder.
That would be fatal for any full windows, but will save some space for a MinWin or WinPE installation.
It uses Tools\CATTrim.ini as a list of critical files and lookup what *.cat files hold their signature.

It support online or offline installations.

Edited by JFX