WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

And is there a way to specify the OEM folder manually? By command line or .ini file?

By the way, this little program is extremely useful and well written. Thanks on behalf of myself and all who uses it.

Edited by AlexCeed

AlexCeed, nice to see you like WinNTSetup. I agree with you, it's GREAT!!

Just wanted to share with you how I normally use $oem$ folder stuff:

I use the WinNTSetup "-runafter" command line option, to run a WinRAR SFX file, which in turn expands the "Setup" folder to c:\windows after the apply phase. Inside the setup folder is the usual "Scripts\Setupcomplete.cmd" file, and other folders needed for things like activation, etc.

This is a very convenient method for me, because after starting WinNTSetup with this command line, I can even select other SFX files in the GUI, if I need to test other (sfx) $oem$ folder structures. All this without changing the .wim, like you already mentioned.

So maybe this is a bit like the "manual OEM folder selection" you were asking about.

As you see, WinNTSetup has multiple solutions to pretty much anything!

Edited by Atari800XL

WinNTSetup_x64.exe NT6 -oem:"OEM\8-abc\$OEM$" -source:Images\8.1-x64-install-abc.wim -WimIndex:1 -syspart:D: -tempdrive:E: -unattend:"Unattend\8-autounattend-abc.xml" -Sysletter:C -setup -reboot

I used the command exactly like above and it doesn't work. It doesn't copy any files to the install location. 

All the paths above are relative to WinNTSetup_x64.exe.

Edited by AlexCeed

Thanks, will try it today.

Also, would you please consider adding the parameter to format the drives? Something like 

-format -syspart: -temppart:

An even better idea is to make this automatic by getting the device id from the drive from which winNtSetup is currently ran. With the device id you exclude that device from your boot and destination drive location.

Then automatically add the boot drive automatically by searching for the bootable flag within the drive.

Then do a search for windows dir and when it is found, add the device as the destination drive

Edited by AlexCeed

An even better idea is to make this automatic by getting the device id from the drive from which winNtSetup is currently ran. With the device id you exclude that device from your boot and destination drive location. Then automatically add the boot drive automatically by searching for the bootable flag within the drive.

Sure :ph34r:, what could possibly go wrong on a multi-disk and/or multi-partitioned system?  :unsure:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Yes, I know, but on simple setups like windows-only setup, you can easily do this.

Yep :), but on simple setup (and as well on extremely complex one) you can well simply format the volume before or however MANUALLY select it.

More or less it is a generic point about "responsability", if you manually select a "wrong" disk or volume, it's your fault, while if - for any reason, even in an extremely rare or "queer" setup - the program automatically chooses a "wrong" disk or volume everyone will be after JFX. :ph34r:

jaclaz