WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

When installing Windows via WinNTSetup 5.2.6, when selecting an image with the right mouse button, nothing happens, nothing opens. I uploaded version 4.2.5 (x86-x64) + 5.1.2 (x64) to a flash drive, only version 4.2.5 worked. Nobody faced?

22 hours ago, Melchior43 said:

Where might I be able to 'harvest' 1037.dll from?    Wo kann ich 1037.dll „ernten“?

Click on the windows flag on top right. Than check "Create Language File" in the menu.

2 hours ago, 71b1lev said:

When installing Windows via WinNTSetup 5.2.6, when selecting an image with the right mouse button, nothing happens, nothing opens. I uploaded version 4.2.5 (x86-x64) + 5.1.2 (x64) to a flash drive, only version 4.2.5 worked. Nobody faced?

I removed it on the NT6 Tab site. There was no need, you can select ISO or WIM with normal left click.

Edited by JFX

9 hours ago, JFX said:

Нажмите на флажок Windows в правом верхнем углу. Затем отметьте «Создать языковой файл» в меню.

Я удалил его на сайте NT6 Tab. В этом не было необходимости, вы можете выбрать ISO или WIM обычным щелчком левой кнопки мыши.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

WinNTSetup 5.3 Beta 4

- fixed offline windows scan may not detect Windows 10/11 builds correctly
- fixed internal VHD boot files option may create duplicate BCD entries
- fixed auto format may not work if drive is in use
- fixed loading ISO with relative path may create duplicates in source combo box
- added Remove OneDrive tweak
- added DISM feature enable/disable and APPX removal
- new right-click on tweaks button to quickly disable all tweaks

• JFX changed the title to WinNTSetup v5.2.6 / 5.3 Beta 4
On 12/23/2022 at 12:01 AM, JFX said:

WinNTSetup 5.3 Beta 4

- fixed offline windows scan may not detect Windows 10/11 builds correctly
- fixed internal VHD boot files option may create duplicate BCD entries
- fixed auto format may not work if drive is in use
- fixed loading ISO with relative path may create duplicates in source combo box
- added Remove OneDrive tweak
- added DISM feature enable/disable and APPX removal
- new right-click on tweaks button to quickly disable all tweaks

DISM function crashes
Operating environment: Windows 10 Professional
Windows 10 Version: 10.0.19045.2006
Choose version: Professional
Dism: Default
Use the DISM function to crash directly

Please check the file version that got downloaded. Tools\x64\DISM\dismapi.dll should be version 10.0.22621.1.
Seams it does not load the Tools version and the Windows !0 Host one is too old. Will be fixed.

Edited by JFX

• JFX changed the title to WinNTSetup v5.2.6 / 5.3 Beta 5

@JFXThanks again for the great project!

Have a strange VHD related bug in all versions (including beta 5).

When creating VHD with symbols (ex. _ or .) getting following error window (attached).

VHD is actually created and seen in the disk manager, but not formatted.

Can format it manually and map with a drive letter.

VHD without symbols in the name works fine.

Please fix.

Error_0x0.jpg

thanx jfx, for a start, Happy New Year. Me, I am working with Virgus on the customization of miniwin scripts (we are the mysoftware.txt ones, remember?). Everything is fine with windows 10, though we are at pains trying to make it all work with windows 11 as well. no dice - it breaks in the last stages of the rebooting process, the issue probably being connected with taskbar structure and/or cosmetics. Is there anybody else improving scripts for win11? If not, or in any case, for that matter, do you think it is worthwhile putting any more efforts on win11 in view of the coming out of win12 in the hope that everything will work better? 

Edited by Antonino

Thanks for the reports sharicov.
I have trouble reproducing them, It could be that the FormatEx API has a problem with some characters of the drive label.

Could you try the same on command line with a simple label:

WinNTSetup_x64.exe VHD-CREATE -file:"X:\full_path_to_VHD.vhd" -size:20GB -type:expandable -label:"VHD"

The other problem could occur with a inaccessible device, if so it will be fixed with next version.

@Antonino Dunno, I was under the impression that I had fixed all Win11 explorer issues.