WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

This is a quote from my post on http://reboot.pro/index.php?showtopic=21977&page=42#entry221074

Testing WinNTSetup v5.21 to make Mini-VHD installations.

WinNTSetup v5.21 was used to install Mini-10x64-2004_en-US.VHD and Mini-10x64-2004_es-MX.VHD

In first try I didn't edited any list, or applied any tricks in WinNTSetup Tricks window.

So far this are my findings:

Mini-10x64-2004_en-US.VHD boots fine, but even if it recognizes the USB Wifi device, it can't connect to Internet, also even if I can select Spanish KB, and Latin American KB, they are not loaded, I found KBDSP.DLL and KBDLA.DLL were removed, this will be solved deleting the respective lines in System32-DLL.txt, but it seems fix the Wifi issue will be a little more complicated, but not impossible.

I was able to install ClassicShell and 7-zip without any issue, also was able to install as TI, by means of PowerRun the PC context menu, and explorer context menu to launch cmd.exe, BootIce and WinNTSetup work fine, haven't tested any other programs.

Mini-10x64-2004_es-MX.VHD does not boot. I can see Windows logo but never see the dots and never starts loading the first boot configuration, and then the PC shouts off.

alacran

GOOD WORK JFX!!!!!, it does a GREAT job, but certanly the Wifi issue requires to be fixed.

Now I have some questions:

Can we make use of the Tricks window, or it's better don't use it in Mini-VHD?

Any ideas about what I can test to fix the es_MX not booting?

Will continue testing and report back.

alacran

@wimb Seems WLAN problem is deleted WlanMM.dll, but not sure why my source works without this file.

PS: I'm using updated ISOs: 1526_feb_2022

@alacran Yes, all tweaks should be compatible with MinWin feature.

Es_MX seems to have multiple fall back languages so languages.txt will remove some es-ES folders completely.

JFYI

My Mini-10_es-MX.vhd boots very fine now. (Made using Win10_2004_Spanish(Mexico)_x64.iso)

By the way there is a typo in the file name it says: Lanugages.txt not Languages.txt

Any way I edited it to keep all es-ES and es-MX, and saved with both names, your program will use the one it has coded, during you fix the typo.

For use in es-MX version, I did same thing in my modded version of SySWoW.txt that was used in Mini-10-US.vhd to fix LibreOfficePortable issue, and also try to cover other possible cases like that.

Also edited System32-DLL.txt, commenting the following lines:

; \Windows\System32\KBDLA.DLL   >>>   Spanish Latin American KB

; \Windows\System32\KBDSP.DLL   >>>   Spanish KB

; \Windows\System32\SensApi.dll   >>>   Requided to boot notepad++   now it boots and works fine, but fails when trying to save as....

I found Paint can't also save as... but I had same issue before in a wimb's project aand I know the cure for that:

; \Windows\System32\shellstyle.dll   >>>   This is used by Paint to save as...., this very possible will also fix same issue in notepad++ (pending to test, will report back).

Adding WlanMM.dll, let me see the available Routers now, but if selecting one, the usuall next dialalog to Connect and type the Password is not shown. Something else is still necessary.

alacran

Forgot to comment:

I applied some extra settings with WinNTSetup 5.21 and they were working fine.

The Start Menu has some issues as an example if traying to open Notepad, it doesn't open, the screen gets black for a second and it recovers immediatelly, as I always use Classic Shell, this is not a problem for me, from Classic Shell all is launched perfectly fine.

alacran

Edited by alacran
Typo

On 3/6/2022 at 7:12 PM, alacran said:

; \Windows\System32\SensApi.dll   >>>   Requided to boot notepad++   now it boots and works fine, but fails when trying to save as....

I found Paint can't also save as... but I had same issue before in a wimb's project aand I know the cure for that:

; \Windows\System32\shellstyle.dll   >>>   This is used by Paint to save as...., this very possible will also fix same issue in notepad++ (pending to test, will report back).

Yes, I can confirm \Windows\System32\shellstyle.dll solved the Save as... isuue in Paint and in notepad++, and very possible in many other programs too.

Well, just to summarize, so far:

Installing Classic Shell just after first boot, the Start menu isuues are solved. It even has its own search feature, no need to use Cortana support for local search, which is good because our very appreciated SwiftSearch (that works at warp speed in NTFS) does not work in FAT-32 formated drives.

With the modded SySWoW.txt, LibreOfficePortable is working fine.  EDIT: This file was re-uploaded it is fixed now.

And with a minor edition in System32-DLL.txt, notepad++ and Paint are working fine.

; \Windows\System32\SensApi.dll   >>>   Requided to run notepad++

;\Windows\System32\shellstyle.dll   >>> Required for Save as...

Only remaining is the Wifi issue.

alacran

Edited by alacran
Typo

Found another DLL file required:

; \Windows\System32\hotplug.dll

And its respective *.mui file in the (lang) folder (es-MX in my case):

; \Windows\System32\es-MX\hotplug.dll.mui

This DLL is required for USB device extraction.

alacran

Following @JFX and instructions of  @alacran  and using  Win10_2004_English_x64.iso as Source I can report now:

- WiFi available Networks are shown, but Unable to Connect to WiFi
- notepad++ and Paint working OK
- LibreOffice does not work for me with modded SySWoW.txt    same error as before - Working OK now thanks to alacran
- Bluetooth can Add Device, but Unable to Select as Playback Device
- Printer - cannot Add Printer
- Set Default App for mp3 works when using Open with .... Select to Always use Checkbox and then Portable VLC program - Result Icon = VLC and Double-click works

Min_Win_Apps_2022-03-08_130957.thumb.jpg.1418e74c65336e4a89583f87ff79a962.jpg

Edited by wimb

@JFX

Thanks JFX, you made a GREAT work with this new feature.

But we still need your support to solve Wifi issue.  It is the only little detail still not working in Win10 2004.

We have now on reboot.pro a topic dedicated to MinWin feature, to share there the info about our experiments building Mini VHDs with WinNTSetup: Mini Windows made with WinNTSetup

About:

On 3/7/2022 at 2:26 AM, wimb said:

- LibreOffice does not work for me with modded SySWoW.txt - same error as before

Fixed now.   Also all my previous post here were updated with this info,  Download of all the files I have edited is available on this post.

alacran

WinNTSetup 5.2.2

- fixed some SATA 2 USB adapters were not detected as USB devices
- MinWin: added line condition FBLANG
- MinWin: added support for multiple fallback languages

@alacran I think that i fixed WLAN problem and new version should handle your es-MX source with it's 2 fallbacks.

you can make your own MinWin profile, make a copy of default folder and name it the way you want.
WinNTSetup will give you a selection menu, if you left click on the MinWin icon. Right click will open the folder in explorer.

I'll keep this default profile very slim, but if there is a serious problem let me know. 

Edited by JFX

• JFX changed the title to WinNTSetup v5.2.2

WiFi Connect is working OK in WinNTSetup 5.2.2 :thumbup :worship:

- Bluetooth Add Device now Failed
- DrvStore_Inf.txt adjusted to Add Printer + Scanner - Setup Failed in Getting Devices Ready ... Froozen

MinWin_WiFi_2022-03-09_000211.thumb.jpg.fcf440e893f67662f4a9909209f39916.jpg == MinWin_WiFi_2022-03-09_000316.thumb.jpg.b56aba6229581976544897b00d225bb7.jpg

Edited by wimb

The new WinNTSetup v5.2.2 made a fantactic work installing a Mini-10_es-MX.vhd.

As wimb mentioned the Wifi connection is working very fine now, and no need of all the additional files I was using during my tests trying to make it work in a build made with previous v5.2.1, JFX only added 10 more DLL and MUI files to make the Wifi work.

Of course there may be some little minor details to fix, but nothing critical.

For now I'm using my modded SySWoW.txt file with very minor changes (under testing), and latter I will try to check if I can reduce it's size a few.

In fact I'm posting from FireFox Portable runing from my Mini-10_es-MX.vhd.

alacran

cosmetic bug v522 DriversWinRE=1 from [WinNT6] section is in .ini  , is done by WinNTSetup but on GUI the case "Drivers Add to WinRE" isn't ticked.
Thanks for extended DriveComboExclude list. End of multi .ini for me :-)
Last, I'm blind where is MinWin button ?!

On 3/8/2022 at 10:56 AM, JFX said:

@alacran I think that i fixed WLAN problem and new version should handle your es-MX source with it's 2 fallbacks.

you can make your own MinWin profile, make a copy of default folder and name it the way you want.
WinNTSetup will give you a selection menu, if you left click on the MinWin icon. Right click will open the folder in explorer.

I'll keep this default profile very slim, but if there is a serious problem let me know.

WLAN problem is solved and now Wifi is working very fine.

Yes, I usually copy the Defaul folder renamed as Medium and I make any edition there. And I select MinWin >>> Medium to install.

When capture the VHD to a WIM file and re-applied it in Compact LZX Mode to a new VHD, by means of VHD_WIMBOOT program made by wimb, I kept the VHD mounted to take a look into it.

And this are my findings, in no way VHD_WIMBOOT program caused the issue, as I also mounted the source VHD and was able to verify the lack of the following into it:

\Windows\Boot\EFI >>> Folder qps-ploc should not be here, rest OK.
\Windows\Boot\Fonts >>> Empty, all fonts were deleted, Fonts.txt needs to be fixed, the previus two lines \Windows\Boot\Fonts (delete folder fonts), and !\Windows\Boot\Fonts\ (but keep into it nothing), it seems you forgot to type the rest, maybe !\Windows\Boot\Fonts\segoe*
\Windows\Boot\Misc\PCAT >>> All fine here
\Windows\Boot\PCAT >>> Folders qps-ploc and qps-plocm should not be here, rest OK.
\Windows\Boot\Resources >>> All fine here.

Then this made my check SysWoW64 and System32 folders too.

I would like to know the logic used in MinWin feature related to the %LANG% variable because if I understand correctly:

!\Windows\SysWoW64\en-US >>> as I understand means exclude from deletion list en-US (folder in this case), just as wimlib works with files lists and the exceptions.

!\Windows\SysWoW64\%LANG%  >>> as I understand means exclude from deletion list all (folders in this case) that comply the condition set in %LANG% variable.

In previus case for es-MX as the fall backs langs are es-ES and en-US, the complete es-MX. es-ES and en-US should be keep intact, and this is not the case, what I got is the following:

\Windows\SysWOW64\de-DE >>> This folder should not be here.
\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US >>> Has 4 files and 0 folders; main OS has 45 files and 1 folder.
\Windows\SysWOW64\es-ES >>> Does not exists; main OS has 142 files and 0 folders.
\Windows\SysWOW64\es-MX >>> Has 14 files and 0 folders; main OS has 198 files and 7 folders.

In my current moded SysWOW64.txt file I only added lines at the end of all lines in your original file, and didn't modified any lines in your list.

The file System32-DLL.txt doesn't contain the %LANG% variable, but maybe in this case is into the code of MinWin.  And perhapss only MUI files related to listed DLLs are added.  As I got this:

\Windows\System32\en-US >>> Has 86 files and 1 (Licenses) empty folder; main OS has 118 files and same empty folder.
\Windows\System32\es >>> All fine here.
\Windows\System32\es-ES >>> Has 668 files and 0 folders; main OS has 847 files and 0 folders.
\Windows\System32\es-MX >>> Has 611 files and 0 folders; main OS has 849 files and 7 folders.

All values related to main OS are cited as a reference, as this PC is running same OS 10x64 2004 es-MX, activated in line with ID, but Updates blocked, and only has installed 7-zip, SumatraPDF, FireFox and MB antimalware free, because the HDD failed about 2 weeks ago and I haven't installed more programs.

All info you can share will be very highly appreciated, as then I will edit the lists in accordance with the logic related to %LANG% variable.

alacran

Edited by alacran
typo

11 hours ago, Sonic said:

Last, I'm blind where is MinWin button ?!

Hidden Option - Left-Click on "Mode:" region to get the blue arrows - Left-click on blue arrows to select Profile, normally Default is used

WinNTSetup_MinWin_2022-03-07_083155.jpg.234cbacffa2a9f5c19e11cb62892cb39.jpg

Edited by wimb