WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

Yes, I'm using Segoe UI Semibold in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics] It's a bit darker and easier to see. Not sure if it's 9 or 10pt, but it can be adjusted by the 1st byte in the *font entries. This was easily adjustable via GUI settings in W7 and W8, but no longer.

Edited by click-click

My first experiments with the MinWin Mode gives a UsedSize of about 1 GB and 10.800 files.

These figures are really very small and it is indeed an impressive result, but there are some issues in functionality.

Apparently my WiFi Network Driver is removed, which I miss, but that can be fixed in the Default Profile Settings.

Taskbar Icons Interface does Not work for Network and Sound Settings and I think that must work (may be missing SystemApps and WindowsApps).

Sound and LAN Network are working OK. Windows Photo Viewer does not work but I can use Paint instead.

PowerShell fails and after trying to fix it in Default Profile the Start Menu is instable and PowerShell does not work.

It is inspiring and good to know what extra files and folders might be removed from our Mini-10x64.vhd.

EDIT: WiFi Driver is Fixed , but WiFi fails, Unable to Select Network (also Taskbar Icon Interface does Not work for Network and Sound Settings)

EDIT:  Source is Win10_2004_English_x64.iso - 19041_US

Min_Win_2022-02-08_114714.jpg

Edited by wimb
Fix Wifi Driver, but Connect to WiFi Fails

@wimb Thanks for testing. Yes some explorer features got missing especially in newer windows version.
Will be fixed when I have enough time. For PowerShell I don't think it has much use in a minimal system.

@click-click Resize-able GUI would not help, the resolution of your screen is insufficient.
I don't know why 
GUIScalePlus has that effect on your netbook, maybe some "windows feature"

@JFX

For testing MinWin I have used as Source Win10_2004_English_x64.iso - 19041_US

PowerShell is nice but indeed Not essential for Mini-10x64. However, it does not take too much space.

Edited by wimb

2 hours ago, JFX said:

PowerShell takes quite some space, if we re-add all it's NetFX dependencies, it needs.

OK then skip PowerShell first and focus on WiFi Network Connect and the Taskbar Icons Interface for Network Connect and Sound Settings.

That is indeed far more important functionality for a Mini Windows.

• 3 weeks later...

WinNTSetup 5.2.1

- fixed NT5 GUI bugs
- fixed MBR not written for VHD files (regression 5.2)
- fixed error popup with old card reader devices
- fixed regimport ignored HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
- fixed noapply mode on NT6 could show NT5 builds
- fixed DriveComboExclude not working on subsequent scans
- fixed ini save load of driver options
- increased border margins for darkmode tool tips

• JFX changed the title to WinNTSetup v5.2.1

thanks. forget to post DriveComboList is blank if more than 8 drives are specified in DriveComboExclude. (yes it's possible 😁 4 internals, 4 externals via enclosure, 2 usb key) 

Edited by Sonic
forget "Exclude" , too slow to write with smartphone

Min_Win is VERY GOOD :thumbup :cheerleader: :worship:  VHD UsedSize = 1 GB  and LZX WIM = 757 MB  - VHD has 11245 Files and 1770 Folders

Where I need three programs (WinNTSetup + Win_Debloat + Reboot + Win_Reduce,  say 5 minutes for VHD with 1.5 GB UsedSize),

your WinNTSetup 5.2.1 does everything in 30 seconds :thumbup - I used VHD_WIMBOOT LZX Capture and Apply to Reduce the UsedSize from 1.5 to 1 GB

Not yet Perfect:

- Portable Apps Notepad++ and LibreOffice Fail (see picture)
- WiFi Connect only works via PENetwork - Icon on Taskbar works, but does not show available Networks
- Start Menu Items cannot be used - Menu disappears with Flash
- Default Apps jpg PhotoViewer works OK, but mp3 pdf doc docx xls xlsx don't work e.g. mp3 does not get VLC Icon and double-click does not work

Min_Win_3_2022-03-05_085130.thumb.jpg.3a5be9f9e414b4c04172b1601bb8a7a1.jpg

Edited by wimb

Notepad++ will be fixed, but LibreOffice really should get an x64 portable.

Wifi works here with source: de-de_windows_10_consumer_editions_version_21h2_updated_feb_2022_x64_dvd_148a1e58.iso.
Does it show up in the list, after connection with PENetwork?

Hmm, never used this build-in start menu. Will check this out,
but i guess people that use a mini windows will use startisback or ClassicShell anyway.

FileAssoc seems to need a 'right click' --> 'open with...' on some extensions :dubbio:

2 hours ago, JFX said:

Wifi works here with source: de-de_windows_10_consumer_editions_version_21h2_updated_feb_2022_x64_dvd_148a1e58.iso.
Does it show up in the list, after connection with PENetwork?

Hmm, never used this build-in start menu. Will check this out,
but i guess people that use a mini windows will use startisback or ClassicShell anyway.

After Connect with PENetwork it is still the same: Does Not show available WiFi Networks (on taskbar WiFi icon Or in Network settings interface)

May be better then to build-in StartIsBack so that it works straight for the user.

What is download Link for your Source ? Then I can test here too. I am using Win10_2004_English_x64.iso