WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

Shrink the partition, create a new FAT32 around 100MB in size. Mark this one active and copy all boot files from your F: to it.

\Boot
\EFI
\bootmgr

I  did the shrink and copied the files and looked at the BCD in \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\ and the disk and partition entries are blank again. Should I redo them  like I originally did above?

Edited by click-click

I redid a flash with Rufus with NTFS support and copied everything over. On the  first try, the boot started, but then complained about bootx64.efi missing, so I copied that over into \EFI\boot and got further. Now I'm stuck with the following error. Can't find winload.efi

Rufus.jpg.63cfdc4a1991447463f4493984f59ccb.jpg

winload.jpg.0203a54b72ffff39d6f76c0a9ed6f030.jpg

I think the new Lenovo E15 is a 64-bit machine which is why I think the HW was looking for bootx64.efi. Could my problem be that booting a 32-bit Win 10 with UEFI is not supported on that machine?

If this is the case, will installing a 64-bit in the vhd be enough?

Edited by click-click

With the Rufus setup with NTFS, booting UEFI flash with 64-bit OS on a 64-bit machine now works via F12 boot menu, but  booting is ignored on my BIOS machine via F12 Boot menu. I have to boot it directly from my Bootit Bare Metal boot menu.  Not sure why though.

Try (on the BIOS machine that is NOT booting) to change the disk boot order (as opposed to F12 choice).

It is well possible that for *some* reasons either:

the stick is not BIOS bootable
or

the F12 menu in your particular BIOS is not an exact equivalent of the disk order change.

If the issue is the first, you can check it with grub4dos, that basically can boot a Windows (on BIOS) in three different ways;

1) chainloading the MBR (please read as "normal booting")
2) chainloading the VBR/PBR (please read as "bypassing the MBR")
3) directly chainloading the BOOTMGR (please read as "bypassing BOTH the MBR and PBR/VBR)

On a "properly setup" stick grub4dos should work in all three ways above.

jaclaz

hello 

i am using the last version to install win 7 on GPT HDD  with UEFI  only 

after restart it doesn't complete the installation and show there is no system installed and need to install new windows 

i think the problem that EFI PART is yellow 

how i can fix that to complete installation 

thanks  

1436036030_IMG__.thumb.jpg.4ee89424cf8bf49e2ac1aa053b7b7f4a.jpg

38 minutes ago, JFX said:

You need to partition your drive correctly, there should to be a FAT32 partition as boot drive.

thanks for your reply 

can you please tell me the best partition of my drive to work without problem 

can i install win 7 and  win 10 " dual  boot windows "  by  WinNTSetup 

many thanks for your help

Just shrink your C drive by 100 MB to 1 GB and create a FAT32 partiton from the new free space.
Ideally, but not necessary use diskpart's set id with c12a7328-f81f-11d2-ba4b-00a0c93ec93b to mark this partition a ESP.

Select this one as boot drive in WinNTSetup and install your Win7.
After you successfully booted Winows 7 to desktop you can select the same boot drive
but another partition and install your Win10.