WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

XP UpdatePack from user_hidden using RVM Integrator has always worked for me using WinNTSetup.

If I recall correctly I once used 5eraph's Windows XP x64 post-SP2 Update Pack with RVMi and that too was okay as the source for WinNTSetup.

Edited by click-click

Then maybe it's something that nLite does to cause incompatibilities with WinNTSetup?  if that is true, then nuhi might be willing and able to fix the problem.  That would be wonderful if it was indeed a change in one tool that would enable successful use of all the various update packs with WinNTSetup.

Cheers and Regards

Sure the authors of nlite / ryanvm integrator could maybe fix the WinNTSetup problem with the double listed files.

Like the ones occurred in the OnPiece update pack.

However that will not solve the problems Ikky_Phoenix has here.

I'm sure using the normal "winnt32.exe /makelocalsource" install will rise the exact same errors.

And that's simply a bug in most update/addon packs, they only support install form CD/DVD.

Well, I can't make it any more clear, you just asking for solution in the wrong place here.

Edited by JFX

So to switch the topic, there new beta version available.

This and the next Beta versions will use wimlib to handle WIM / SWM / ESD files.

Thanks to wimlib, it also adds support for wimboot without the need of the WOF driver.

Keeps in mind that's a bit experimental.

Congratulations JFX, you're in the latest issue of "Com! Magazin" (German)!!!!

(Article "Boot from NAS", starting at page 44, WinNTSetup 3.4 is on pages 47,50 and 54).

post-350624-0-48797100-1402053644_thumb.

Edited by Atari800XL

I know JFX is a little bit fed-up with special XP packs-related stuff, but I just wanted to mention one more thing:

Harkaz' latest "Unofficial XP SP4 - Beta 3" is now completely compatible with WinNTSetup. Or as JFX would probably put it: He has removed all the non-standard stuff, so everything runs as expected.

I think this is actually very nice work of him, I tested the latest beta 3, it supports the standard /integrate switch, so I integrated it into a (en-US) SP3, then added Mass Storage drivers with DPbase, then installed with WinNTSetup. Finally in beta 3, this works without a hitch!

I still have to decide if this will prove useful (as we already have the great OnePiece pack, which you can even rebuild easily every month with the latest POSReady updates, or use nLite to add them to your source), but I do believe the SP4 is something extremely Cool! B)

I hope he finishes his documentation soon, because until now we only have en-US, it would be nice to have localized versions as well.

Edited by Atari800XL

@JFX

JFYI, there have been two updates to winlib v1.70 Beta last one 17 hours ago, first one is about behavior regarding exclusion of absolute links and last one is about improved the LZX compression performance during export operation by a further 10-15%

Previous update: http://reboot.pro/topic/18345-wimlib-with-imagex-implementation/page-10#entry184745

Last update: http://reboot.pro/topic/18345-wimlib-with-imagex-implementation/page-11#entry184758

Regards

Edited by alacran

Yes, wimlib improves quite fast. I'll wait until final is out, so we will have two finals.

However if you guys make apply speed test, don't forget that you have to reboot your machine every single time.

Else the disk cache will make your results useless.

BTW: I don't think that the decompressor is wimlibs problem here.

I just made a apply test with uncompressed install.wim.

Latest wimgapi: 0:51 minutes

Current wimlib:  1:46 minutes

That means that wimlib has a problem with applying a file or other NTFS data from the WIM to disk.

If your drive D: contains data already, than format it and try again.

If this not helps, right-click on title bar --> "WIM API" and select WimGAPI.

Final Version 3.6.0

- new option to use wimlib 1.7.0 for all WIM operations*
- wrong error message for VHD checks
- fixed applying failed on to low system free space
- fixed avoid wimboot uses on server type OS
- fixed applying to a folder if current working dir has the same root as install drive
- added -regtweaks:{path} commandline and gui option

*You have to add the wimlib dll files to "Tool\x??\wimlib" folder
and add "-wimlib" commandline parameter

3.6.0 gui wimlib 1.70 failed to copy $OEM$ folder twice. u might wan to check if smth broken

i checked twice my $OEM$ folder exist and with files inside.

edit:

wimgapi broken too. folder were created, but files were not copied.

Edited by josywong