WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

For Add Drivers and Unattend and Mode the checkbox can indeed now become unchecked when loading other ini file.

So that is working OK.

But there are some changes in the program in the initial case where there is no ini file yet, that are not OK:
- The Boot drive does not get a drive letter, wheras it used to be auto selected as drive Z: 
- Mount Installation drive as is now set as E: instead of C:

I think it would be better as the preset Index for the Windows 10 Edition was set to the most occurring index = 1 instead of to the highest index that is used now.

Edited by wimb

Much better and corrections are OK , but ....

- The Ready dialogue has for Boot code Setting initially DoNot Update the boot code and NONE
whereas it should be as in previous versions Use bootsect to Update boot code and UEFI (for my case of EFI Boot drive)

I'll consider adding these 2 to the Final version.

Just don't recommend wimlib for apply cases that wimgapi can do.

But for BOOTICE i'll prefer a different version.
Unless someone can show me a reproducer for a bug that did not exist in 1.3.3.2.

2 hours ago, JFX said:

I'll consider adding these 2 to the Final version.

But for BOOTICE i'll prefer a different version.
Unless someone can show me a reproducer for a bug that did not exist in 1.3.3.2.

Very Good :thumbup

I had a problem with version 1.3.4 of BOOTICE when using the UEFI tab with Edit boot entries to Add UEFI boot entry for Grub2.

BootIce v1.3.4 does NOT allow me to Add UEFI boot entries, which I need for booting from Portable USB in UEFI mode with Grub2.

The boot entry for booting with Grub2 from USB is not auto generated like is done for Windows OS.
So you need to create the Grub2 boot entry by using a tool like BOOTICE 1.3.3.2

UEFI_Grub2.png.89efefc23053b306eaacf308089c68cb.png

Edited by wimb

Another bug I noticed with BootIce 1.3.4. See post 5633

With Bootice 1.3.4, Format Command line /fstype=FAT32 or /fstype=NTFS is not working. It always sets File System to Fat16.
BOOTICE.exe /device=H: /partitions /repartition /activate /usb-hdd /fstype=FAT32 /vollabel=WinPE /quiet
It works with v1.3.3.2

Version 1.3.4 is a Test version that could not be fully finished, pauly seems to have lost the source code due to a bad manipulation.
Some bugs have been reported but not fixed. I don't know much more, I didn't go through the 590 pages of the topic.
See Post 5722

The source code is missing, you have to rewrite the code, I hope to take it out in 2018.

But Good news Pauly seems to be back at work on BootIce and preparing a version 1.4.0, incomplete for the moment, a beta
See Post 5810

Take a low-key bubble and send a commentary version. Now only part of the function, the disk editing function has not been saved yet, you can look at it.

1431103762_Booticev1.4.0.png.a1653a00e491c454a5818b05aaf8a6bd.png

Edited by ChrisR
Screnshot 1.4.0

Thanks for the info's, so it will be Bootice version 1.3.3.2.

Very sad the he lost the source code,
but on the other side good as I though he would have lost interest.

6 hours ago, JFX said:

Ok,  so your advice is to use wimgapi for Apply of wim files,
but for capture wimlib is doing much faster and the progress info is better.

Capture with wimlib XPRESS takes 12 min and wimgapi for capture takes 25 min to make WIM file of about 10 GB for my OS + Programs.

What do you think about using wimlib for Capture ?

Edited by wimb

Yes, for applying a wim wimgapi is the best solution.
Now it even have multi core decompression and supporting "recent" settings like "PinningFolderList".

For Capture of course wimlib is much faster so I added a new setting:

[Options]
UseWimLIB=2