WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

• 2 weeks later...

hey, i wanted to report a problem with your program, theres a problem with the win2k or xp setup tab where if you load drivers for it for example a wrong scsi driver, it drops these txtsetup.sif and ntldr stuff in the boot drive, right? i booted into it and i got a bsod, so,

now i loaded a wrong driver, i formatted the destination drive for windows xp, and i tried it again with a driver that works, it drops the new driver sys file to some weird win and character stuff so i restart and go to windows xp setup, and i still bsod, why?

because i think your program doesnt care about txtsetup.sif when it exists on the boot drive no matter what, you have to delete it so setup can make a new one and add lines in it to load my driver, it irritated me for so long, please make it so it overwrites txtsetup.sif and other boot files when you load another driver, cause this took like 4 hours to see what the f*** was the problem.

Edited by DuMpUsre1

Hi JFX....

"%path%\WinNTSetup%pp%.exe" VHD-CREATE -file:"%FREEDRIVE%\WIMBOOT\Win10x64-WB.vhd" -size:1536MB -type:expandable -label:"Win10x64-WB"

"%path%\WinNTSetup%pp%.exe" VHD-ATTACH -file:"%FREEDRIVE%\WIMBOOT\Win10x64-WB.vhd"

How I can get Drive Letter of just mounted VHD so that use as %VHD_DRIVE% in following command to install Windows in VHD using WinNTSetup command line.

"%path%\WinNTSetup%pp%.exe" NT6 -source:"%FREEDRIVE%\WIMBOOT\Win10x64-WB.wim" -wimindex:"1" -syspart:%SYSPART% -tempdrive:%VHD_DRIVE% -Sysletter:C -WIMBoot -compact:lzx -wimlib -wbc:wimbootcompressed.ini -setup -reboot -testSigning

Regards

Edited by devdevadev

3 minutes ago, devdevadev said:

How I can get Drive Letter of just mounted VHD so that use as %VHD_DRIVE% in following command to install Windows in VHD using WinNTSetup command line.

WHICH following command?

You just gave a label to the Vhd partition, so you should be able to use *any* tool that outputs the Volume label AND the drive letter.

Which OS?

Is Powershell available?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/storage/get-volume?view=win10-ps

Is WMI available?

for /f "delims=" %D in ('wmic LogicalDisk get Caption^, VolumeName ^| find "Win10x64-WB"') do ECHO %D
for /f "tokens=1,2" %D in ('wmic LogicalDisk get Caption^, VolumeName ^| find "Win10x64-WB"') do ECHO %D %E

WMIC logicalDisk where Volumename="Win10x64-WB" get DeviceID /format:list

FOR /F %A IN ('WMIC LogicalDisk where "Volumename='Win10x64-WB'" get DeviceID /Format:list') DO @SET %A>NUL
SET DeviceID

or similar.

Are you on "plain command line" only?

Something *like*:

FOR /F "skip=4 delims=\"  %A IN ('mountvol ^| FIND ":"') DO @VOL %A 2>NUL | FIND "Win10x64-WB"

should do.

jaclaz

@devdevadev

I'll add an exitcode for VHD-CREATE/VHD-ATTACH.

You don't need VHD-ATTACH after VHD-CREATE it does attach it after creation.

As for "-WIMBoot -compact:lzx -wimlib -wbc:wimbootcompressed.ini"
You need to decide between wimboot and compactos

If you have no specific reason for them remove "-wimlib -wbc:wimbootcompressed.ini" from the line.

When we create VHD using WinNTSetup Tool then it automatically attach VHD and use a random free Drive Letter to mount VHD and automatically set that drive letter of VHD as installation drive. Is there any specific protocol that decide what Drive Letter will be used for mounting VHD ?

"%path%\WinNTSetup%pp%.exe" VHD-CREATE -file:"%FREEDRIVE%\WIMBOOT\Win10x64-WB.vhd" -size:1536MB -type:expandable -label:"Win10x64-WB"

It will be nice if VHD-CREATE  provide an option to use desired Drive Letter for attaching created VHD. OR you can set a variable VHD_,DRIVE containing the drive letter of attached VHD. So that we can use %VHD_DRIVE% as Installation drive.

Edited by devdevadev

I said, that I add an exitcode, so just wait a day or so for the next version.
If you can't wait try figure out the command line yourself ...

20 minutes ago, JFX said:

I said, that I add an exitcode, so just wait a day or so for the next version.
If you can't wait try figure out the command line yourself ...

Sorry to disturb you Sir...I could not understood the meaning of exitcode actually...Thanks for your kind help and support....BTW, I just loved the new Dark Theme mode in WinNTSetup. 

Edited by devdevadev

-RunAfter:"copy "%E2BDRIVE%\VHD_WIMBOOT\SWITCH_DEFAULT_OS.cmd" "%VHD_DRIVE%\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp" & copy "%E2BDRIVE%\VHD_WIMBOOT\VHD_WIMBOOT.cmd" "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp" "

Can I use two commands within -RunAfter switch as above ?

Is it valid ?

devdevadev,

you are clearly running commands NOT from a command line, but rather from a batch, so what is the reason to *need* the /Runafter at all? :dubbio:

It only makes things unneededly complex, unreadable and difficult to troubleshoot, if you really want to make it more difficult than needed and use the /Runafter, use it to run a batch containing those two (or more) commands.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

You are right Sir...I am running command within from a batch in 'boot.wim' environment but I want to inject VHD_WIMBOOT.cmd file within "%VHD_DRIVE%\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp" folder which will be created after the Copying Phase of WinNTSetup Installation. It's why I need to use /Runafter so that I can inject .cmd files within VHD just before reboot ? Is there any better way which I should use here ?

Are you talking about using following approach ?

-RunAfter:"COPY_VHD_WIMBOOT_FILES.cmd %E2BDRIVE% %VHD_DRIVE% %OSPART%"

COPY_VHD_WIMBOOT_FILES.cmd -
==========================
@echo off
copy "%1\VHD_WIMBOOT\SWITCH_DEFAULT_OS.cmd" "%2\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp"
 copy "%1\VHD_WIMBOOT\VHD_WIMBOOT.cmd" "%3\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp"

Edited by devdevadev

I use following command to Capture Win10x64-WB.vhd to Win10x64-WB.wim in WIMBOOT mode.

wimlib-imagex.exe capture %VHD_DRIVE% C:\WIMBOOT\W10x64-WB.wim    --config=%E2BDRIVE%\VHD_WIMBOOT\WimBootCompress-2019-03-31.ini --include-integrity  --wimboot  --compress=LZX --threads=4

What exactly WinNTSetup command I should use that will be equivalent to following wimlib-images apply command in WIMBOOT mode ?

wimlib-imagex.exe apply C:\WIMBOOT\W10x64-WB.wim %VHD_DRIVE% --wimboot

WinNTSetup 4.2

- no longer needs Tools\DarkMode.msstyles
- disabled multicore feature on 32bit Host by default
- fixed hotfix uninstall on Windows 7 Host
- fixed WIMBOOT:WIMCOPY mode on Windows 10 2004 Host
- cmdline -noapply does not need a sources defined anymore
- fixed NT5 install did not overwrite existing txtsetup.sif
- cmdline VHD-CREATE and VHD-ATTACH return errorlevel for driveletter
- updated wimlib to v1.13.3 Beta1

*v4.2 will be the last 32-Bit version, 4.3 will require Win7x64 as HostOS!

Edited by JFX

@JFK

How can help you about translation?

I found some issues in Italian translation.

Where can I download English and Italian list of strings used in the program?

In the panel I propose to change "Tweaks" with" Options".

I propose to change in tab name the splitting of client(server (ex. Windows 2000/XP and Server 2003).

Doesn't exist "Windows 2003" but exist "Window s Server 2003".

In the new v,.4.2 seems there is an untranslated string below "Boot unit" (Unità di avvio)

WinNTSetup-01.jpg

WinNTSetup-02.jpg

Edited by bovirus