WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, freqout said:

This is great.  Wondering if this can be used to make the VHD bootable instead of actuing on my local boot partition, and if it can be scripted and completely automated from Powershell.

Yes, if you select a different boot drive, your local boot partition will not not be touched. 
For automation there are many command line options, see F1 - help.

Edited by JFX

Latest Windows Server 2022 20348.2402 cannot run latest WinNTSetup 5.3.4, program said cannot find BCDBoot.exe and cannot keep running. However, WinNTSetup 5.3.4 can run on the Latest Windows 11 Pro 22631.3447. Both of two systems have bcdboot.exe which under /Windows/system32/. Please help to check what's wrong with v5.3.4, thx a lot. Plus, wimlib is upgraded to 1.14.4 (released February 24, 2024), and please add support for Windows Server 2025 thx.:P

Capture.JPG

Yes, there were some reports of this with Server 2022.
I can't reproduce it and checking if a file exist, is the most basic feature.

I could only assume something like an antivirus or filter driver that does interfere,
but it does not happen if I install Server 2022 with WinNTSetup. The new system does not show any problem.

The version display of wimlib and wimgapi will be removed, it just leads to wrong assumption and
some people start updating them manually, what only causes problems.