WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

Can't remember which software adds this warning to downloaded files. Think it was IE, Chrome and mybe Firefox, too.

But Opera never did this :)

Yep, all browsers I tested :ph34r: (with the exception of Opera :)) always added that senseless Alternate Data Stream (of course on NTFS only).

BUT :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883260/en-us

maybe the issues NotTakenUsername is having are connected with DefaultFileTypeRisk or with filetypes associated to a given risk level:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170513-how-to-disable-security-popups-under-winpe/

:unsure:

jaclaz

@tordenflesk

Never seen such an error message. Do you have a modded XP source?

Original source:

en_win_xp_pro_x64_with_sp2_vl_X13-41611.iso

- Integrated WMP11 with the boogy slipstreamer.

nLite:

- Integrated 5eraph's Post-SP2 update pack and IE8 addon.

- Integrated driver's I'll need once I'm ready to install on a live system.(Intel Chipset, Intel AHCI, ATI GPU etc.)

- Other stuff I typically do without issue in nLite on an x86 source.

LastSession.ini for that particular attempt attatched.

Last Session (2013.11.23-02.07.08).ini

Edited by tordenflesk

I know JFX can't support every type of nlited XP source, etc.

But on the other hand: it's not like WinNTSetup is particularly picky or anything.

I also update my XP source (almost) every month, and (almost) never had any problems with WinNTSetup. Here's what I do: -a- Clean XPSP3 -b- Ryan integrator: Updatepack, Addon IE8 and Net35 -c- nLite: latest hotfixes, some mods (classic setupscreen ao.) -d- DPbase SATA drivers -e- Some other basic stuff (not relevant) to build a nice 700mb iso.

As I said: as long as you keep everything somewhat standard, not too "weird", WinNTSetup will support it just fine.

So another big thanks to JFX for providing all his wonderful tools and knowledge in 2013!! (WinNTSetup, WinPESE, GetWAIKTools). Have a nice holiday!!!

Edited by Atari800XL

Доброго времени суток conty9! Рад вас и тут видеть...Хорошо, что добавили перевод проги на русский язык...Сам хотел добавить, чтобы был тут, но вы опередили...

JFX, I hope you will have a nice holiday!

There's one little feature request I would like to make, I'm sure you will not read it until the next year, but I'm on a break as well right now, so I have some spare time and thought I'd mention it anyway.

Here's my case: I use the "-runafter" switch all the time, mostly to test out several "$oem$ folders". Instead of using the actual $oem$ folders (which would require me to change the source folder everytime), I use a SFX that extracts the desired "Setup\Scripts" and other folders on c:\.

Lately, I'm testing a lot of different variations in the Scripts folder (setupcomplete.cmd etc), so I copy different "CopySetupScripts.exe" SFX's around. I was thinking to myself that it would be very nice to have a WinNTSetup dialog/ file selector to pick different files. But I didn't want to trouble you with it, I know you like the GUI to remain just as it is.

But then a minute ago, I was looking at the main GUI again, and to me it looks as if there's a perfect little spot for a file select item just below the "Unattended" and "Add drivers" boxes.

So here's my formal feature request:

- Is it possible to add a file select item with a checkbox below "Unattended" and "Add drivers"? It would be great for Windows setup script experiments!

Thanks for listening, if you don't like my request, no problem at all, WinNTSetup is darn near perfect anyway!!!

Little mockup (I changed it from 2 to 3 selectors):

post-350624-0-31577200-1388062755_thumb.

Edited by Atari800XL

Version 3 has a bug - after running (WinPE based on XP/2003) does not work subst (subst.exe), and disabled mounted folder. If the first run 2.x, 3.x after it works without problems and subst worked.

Hello everybody!

Thank you for this amazing software but I want to use it on an SDHC card as it's faster than a usb stick and easy to use on a laptop : I just plug if I want to use my windows or leave it unpluged inside the SD card port if I want to use my professional windows.

So I tried but It doesn't boot on it... :( I just have a black screen "a disk read error occured"

I used the following parameters:

I've selected "install.wim"

NTFS Format

Windows NT 6.x MBR

BOOTMGR

Windows Basic

Bootsec.exe

USB native

Please help me! :)

Thank you.

Purjuju

Hello and thanks for the great tool!

I just want to ask if anybody else experience my problem and if am i causing it.

I use a 16gb usb flash drive with syslinux 4.07. It has few tools and live systems. For Windows setups i use WinPE 5.0 x86 (currently) - almost default settings, it just has scripting package and imagex in system32. In my WinPE 5.0 I've also added your tool WinNTSetup 3.0.6 in "Program Files" folder with the adk files it downloads. From syslinux' menu i have an entry for grub4dos 0.4.4 (stable version) chainloading WinPE's bootmgr. Everything's good so far.

When WinPE is loaded and runing i do some diskpart stuff and then start WinNTSetup with no commands and settings. Then i search for my windows_aio.swm file ( i've made a single custom .wim file by exporting Windows Vista/7/8.1 x86 and x64 clean sources and i've split the file into 5-6 swm files so that i can put them on my FAT32 formatted flash drive ). When i do all the options and hit setup it start to apply the image and just little before the end it stops. The status bar looks active and the buttons become active aswell, but that's it.

I have to mention that XP setup completes fine and i have no problem there, just with the vista/7/8 setup. I've also tried WinPE 3.0 and BartPE, but i get the same result. I haven't tried different .wim sources, but this source worked on the last major release 2.* plus i resplitted the .wim file into new .swm files with /CHECK switch just to make sure there is no corruption. I'll do some testing with new sources these days after the holidays.

Have a great time welcoming the new year and keep up the good work on this project ;)