Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

JFX

WinNTSetup v3.9.4 / 4.0 Beta 2

Wimlib's shapshot option does not include any writer components.
These are required to correctly read an open data base, like the windows registry.

There is a VSHADOW.exe in windows SDK, i guess redistributable :ph34r:,
but there is also a simular vscsc on sourceforge.net.

Both create "good" shadow copies and have an option called "-exec=" to run a batch file
after creation of the shadow and before it's removale.

I've written my own code, but creating a small vss.exe in purebasic will result in huge amount a false positives.
I'm still planing to make a tiny vsshelper application in C++, that will be required to get
WinNTSetup_x86.exe fully working inside Windows 10 ARM64.

6 hours ago, JFX said:

Beta 2 is ready, should fix all mentioned problems.

Perfect :thumbup - WinNTSetup4 is a very Powerful Program

WinNTSetup-2019-08-15_191744.thumb.png.9ae0e557a7ac4f2e546188dc1cfd4c8f.png

WinNTSetup4-2019-08-15_190820.png.c184420c95342545393e19d26fb05d9e.png   Drivers-2019-08-15_191051.png.0deda9a292230d29ec3337a051bcce51.png

Edited by wimb

You might consider to Add in the Download of WinNTSetup4 some useful Tools, so that they are ready to be used by the program:

- wimlib files libwim-15.dll
- BOOTICE v1.3.3.2
- some sample unattend.xml files for Unattended Install of Windows 10
- the slightly modified WimBootCompress.ini file as used in VHD_WIMBOOT
- some extra DiskPart scripts as given in VHD_WIMBOOT

Edited by wimb

I found a bug in WinNTSetup4 Beta 2

After launching WinNTSetup, then I can Load a previously Saved .ini file with Settings to overrule the default WinNTSetup.ini

It turns out that the Tweaks from that previously other saved .ini file are not taken into account, allthough they are present correctly in that saved .ini file.

Also the program WinNTSetup crashes when a wrong type of wim file like boot.wim is selected.
May be for the unexperienced user it is good to give WARNING - This WIM file is Not Valid as Installation file

Edited by wimb
  • Like 1