WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

21 minutes ago, laddanator said:

Curious if you used "Wimlib" to make the wim would the results be different?

I don't know exactly, I'm not a professional. Maybe you will try to make wim image from Windows 10 build 1809?

Edited by Lara Ban

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having some issue, I'm sure it's my setup not WinNtSetup..  but I'm trying to create a windows 7 x86 drive that runs off a usb.     When I try to boot it (initially using Virtualbox but eventually on actual x86 pc) the bios complains that there is no operating system.

I'm running WinNtstup on a Win7 x64 machine, and the usb drive is 16gb which should be plenty for the Win7x86 ISO I'm trying to use as the source.

I haven't tried using the command line interface in fear of wiping out my main drive..   can anyone suggest a command-line to try to create this 'live' usb install?

@blipton
Make sure the 3 icons next to boot drive are green.

@click-click
Not sure what you mean with old icons?
The tweak only removes cortana, task switch and people icons from taskbar.
The 3 options you also have on the taskbar right click menu.

Okay, that's what I was thinking, but by chance I thought there might be a different set off system icons for the notification area. I just hate the  big "^" icon when not showing all icons.

Edited by click-click

@JFX

I have made several Wimboot installs (Win 7 & Win 8.1) using diferent levels of compression, depending on CPU performance. All working fine even on VHDs.

I know the option Wimboot Compact: NONE is there since some time ago, Could you please explain me what is the use of these option? As far as I understand it is a Wimboot install without compression, so far good, but what is the benefit in making a Wimboot install then?

I never think about its use before and maybe I am not using a good feature of your great tool.

alacran

Edited by alacran

NONE option does not compress any file, but adds the wofadk.sys driver and copies the WimBootCompress.ini to System32 folder.

So this new install can read WOF compressed files and is ready to be compressed later.