WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

Some might find the tweak useful, it suppresses the "new network found" on clean setup:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Network\NewNetworkWindowOff]

Note that this is just an empty key, there are no values "inside" it.

• 2 weeks later...

With Windows 10 Version 1709 Fall Creators Update, build 16299.15 now being RTM, are you planning on making WinNTSetup 3.8.8 "RTM" now, as well?

Or does the MS release have nothing to do with your release schedule :-)

Either way is fine by me, the beta3 is working just great in my (UUP) tests [thanks again for the UUP support], ESD was released today (they even call it RTM, after saying they wouldn't use that term anymore).

(Insider) ISOs and ADK will probably be available next week.

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody knows a reg setting to get rid of the new (unwanted) Microsoft Edge page popping up after a clean install of 16299 (when online), I would really like to know it. I like my setups to be completely silent, Microsoft seems to come up with new stuff all the time.

I have been looking with regshot, etc. but can't find anything...

The only thing I can offer in return is this, to get rid of the stupid "people" icon in the tray:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\People]
"Peopleband"=dword:00000000

I'll add this tweak to the one that hides cortana and this taskswitcher.
Have no good idea about that edge window, but why not disable egde completely. :D

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\MicrosoftEdge.exe]
"Debugger"="NUL"

(in a Burns voice): "Excellent!!!"

Thanks JFX, just tested and this works for me. I'm sure others might find this too radical (maybe we'll find another way to disable the Edge page displaying), but to me, this will surely do for now! Of course, we can always enable Edge again after setup (during "PostInstall").

Normally, I would run setup on offline systems, but for Pro versions with a Digital License, it's better to have Internet access during setup, I have found this will get the system activated faster.

Thanks again for your great support!

:thumbup

Uploaded a new Beta version, with improved support for UUP sources.

No need for uup.txt and no conversion of *.cab files is needed,
but you should stick with old wimgapi.dll (15063 RS2) as newer one seems to be buggy.

Thanks. Just to be clear: when you manually apply with DISM (instead of WinNTSetup using Wimgapi), cab-to-esd is also necessary, isn't it?

BTW, just finished the 3.8.8.2b1 test, using the new 17035 UUP files, everything working OK! (Not that the new 17035 preview is all that interesting, but that's a different story...)

Edited by Atari800XL

Yep, DISM command line does not allow more than one /SWMFile parameter.
And *.* is not accepted, so it requires that all files have the same extension.