WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

1) may be activated to add Windoss 7/8

Activation in the folder 'OEM'.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean, normally for OEM activation ones uses a custom wim and the right OEM key in unattend.xml.

2) Is it possible to add the installation package from the folder - 'upgrade'

If you mean Windows updates than the answer is no, there are still some updates that can't be integrated without problems.

Got confused with UI. All I got is Windows 8 ISO and Xp ISO.

Is there any noob guide?

The GUI is actually very noob-friendly.

If have ISO files just mount them in a virtual drive before selecting them.

Hi JFX!

*From translator*

Why if I use the *.ini file for installation of WinXP the program opens in Vista/7/8/2008/2012 tab?

Thanks

Sorry, I already understood :)

Edited by Scampy82

Hi JFX!

*From translator*

1. If I use the *.ini file at installation WinXP that the provision of *.sif files isn't remembered. Why doesn't remember the folder in which it is?

2. If I use the *.ini file at installation Win7 always the last index gets out. Whether it is possible to make that a certain Index by default got out?

I just downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview from:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/preview-iso

I booted Win8PESE, mounted the new iso, then started WinNTSetup (with all my usual tweaks and commandline options), using my normal autounattend.xml (only changed the product key).

I'm glad to say everything went off without a hitch! My compliments to JFX (once again).

I don't really care about any of the new Windows 8.1 features, only thing I wanted was the new (sigh..., 18 months overdue) "Boot To Desktop" option. And indeed, the bugger now can boot straight to the desktop (so, even faster than the 0.2 seconds of Metro I still saw with my previous Windows 8 using Classic Shell).

I haven't tested anything else yet, just wanted to report success with WinNTSetup. Next is finding out how I can add the "Boot To Desktop" to autounattend.xml, would that be possible/ easy, you think? Or else maybe a (command-line!?) option in WinNTSetup?

Maybe we could even name it Windows 7.1 then, instead of 8.1...

:thumbup

Good to hear that it works with windows 8.1 :D

Have not finished the download yet, but it shouldn't be difficult to find the registry entry for Desktop boot.

I think I'll add "Boot To Desktop" to the tweaks and maybe also add a command line switch.

Well, a quick regshot comparison didn't turn up an easy, quick, single registry toggle (yet) to Boot To Desktop, but I'm sure something will come up soon. Other solutions could be a setting in autounattend.xml, or a WinNTSetup tweak.

Then it's :hello: byebye :hello: Metro for me...

:thumbup

Well, just the usual way to do it.

- Make 1 Registry shot with RegShot2

- Activate the option in taskbar dialog

- Make 2 Registry shot and compare both

Well and in the diff file

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartPage]

"OpenAtLogon"=dword:00000000

looked very suspicious :lol:

Thanks. I did do a quick Regshot compare, but looked at the result with the standard texteditor (didn't have my favorite editor installed on the preview yet). Must have overlooked it, sorry.

(I mentioned your new addition at MDL, hope you don't mind...)

Edited by Atari800XL

• 2 weeks later...

Source: en_win_xp_pro_x64_with_sp2_vl_X13-41611.iso
run through this process:
http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/105277-howto-create-a-fully-up-to-date-xp-x64-dvd/
I boot my WAREZ USB-stick, format the drive with two partitions(I set \Program Files to D:\Programs and \Documents and Settings to D:\Settings in nLite) and run WinNTSetup as I usually do with XP x32.
After the initial text-mode section I get a "process1_initialization_failed" BSOD.
I've tested this process via Virtualbox and the same thing happens. If I mount the ISO in VirtualBox it installs just fine. Any way I can avoid having to steal a DVD-burner from someone else in the house to install this?

Edited by jaclaz

Any way I can avoid having to steal a DVD-burner from someone else in the house to install this?

Maybe you can use WINNT32.EXE in the AMD64 folder of your ISO instead.