WinNTSetup v5.3.4

JFX

When we can wait for a new version?

"When can we wait"? I guess you can start waiting right now :-)

Just kidding, I think you should re-read JFX's last reply, I think you might have misunderstood the "That's easy" part...

JFX, just had to share this:

Just finished installing the new Windows 10 preview (14251 build), using WinNTSetup of course. Install went fine, even with all my usual tweak etc. All fully unattended, etc.

I just find it so funny that WinNTSetup is installing this without a single problem, when even Microsoft's "standard" setup is refusing/ giving setup errors, etc. At least that's what I'm reading on all the forums.

I must admit I usually only test new Previews (quickly) to make sure my normal setup and PostInstall still works fine (just to check if there are no unpleasant MS surprises or "features"), but I think this is another fine example of the power of WinNTSetup.

WinNTSetup is the best!!! :thumbup 

Edited by Atari800XL

Just kidding, I think you should re-read JFX's last reply, I think you might have misunderstood the "That's easy" part...

Yes, I understand that it's not easy. Even with a proven bat files.
But I hope, JFX yet agree. For me it's very, very important!
And I'm ready to give him any support.
Edited by Hunter23071985

I think WinNT has more that enough options in it as is. I don't always update when options get added if I can manage without them. The more you add, the more work it is for the developer and the more complicated it gets to maintain. Bite the bullet and use your three screw drivers.

Edited by click-click

Yes I understand.

But within 5 years the program has received a lot of functions and achieved excellent results.

And the release of new versions shows that the author is interested in its further development and enhancement.

I believe that it is true, so my hopes are associated with JFX. The last word for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to install XP using WinNTSetup? Whenever I try it, on the first boot it says

Cannot find the file C:\Windows\System32\Winload.exe

0xc000000f

So, WinNTSetup install it correctly but I do not know what the error means. The file is there and I've tried vanilla XP and also XP with injected sata drivers.

Any tips?

Yes, I use it for XP all the time. JFX even was so kind to include special modifications for it to work with OnePiece-pack created iso's. I created a new iso last tuesday, with the latest FinalXP pack from OnePiece, and the latest POS updates.

I don't remember exactly if I saw your error codes before, but are you sure you included both text-mode and windows SATA drivers in your source?  

I don't remember exactly if I saw your error codes before, but are you sure you included both text-mode and windows SATA drivers in your source?

I've used DriverPacks Base tool with the following settings:

Iijected DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1209.7z using Method 2, GUIRunOnce

Isn't that enough?

Edited by AlexCeed

Has anyone managed to install XP using WinNTSetup? Whenever I try it, on the first boot it says

Cannot find the file C:\Windows\System32\Winload.exe

0xc000000f

So, WinNTSetup install it correctly but I do not know what the error means. The file is there and I've tried vanilla XP and also XP with injected sata drivers.

Any tips?

The error is an indicator that you try to boot XP in a wrong way, since winload.exe is not a file of XP (it is NOT there).

XP is booting through ntldr and boot.ini file,

whereas later Windows versions 7/8/10 are booting through bootmgr menu and using file winload.exe

Could it be that you are booting through bootmgr on hidden active partition,

whereas boot drive and installation drive for install of XP as selected in WinNTSetup are the same and not being set active ?

After booting with WinPE from USB, then you can inspect the drives and set the drive with ntldr where XP is to be installed as active partition.

If you try to boot with bootmgr menu, then you can add Grub4dos boot option to your menu by using UEFI_MULTI.exe

Don't Add XP to Bootmgr Menu, since this will add the real ntldr to your boot drive,

whereas you want to find ntldr (= renamed setupldr.bin) for install of XP.

After booting in BIOS-mode first select Grub4dos ,

and then in Grub4dos menu select find and load NTLDR of Windows NT/2K/XP

http://reboot.pro/topic/18182-uefi-multi-make-multi-boot-usb-drive/#entry168079

More Info is here http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/121446-install-from-usb-after-booting-with-pe/page-2#entry1117324

What is exactly your present boot configuration ?

What is your boot drive and what is your system drive ?

Where is file ntldr located needed for booting XP ?

What is the drive that is set active for booting ?

What is the partitioning of your drives ?  XP needs MBR and is NOT compatible with GPT partitioning.

Are you booting in BIOS-mode (needed) or in UEFI-mode (which does not work for XP) ?

In case of booting from USB then USB 2.0 is required, since USB 3.0 will not work for XP.

Give screenshot as shown of Windows Disk Management.

UEFI boot of Win10 x64 showing Drives              ==     XP installed on drive C: and Grub4dos booting from USB Drive D:

post-132150-0-11085500-1455350449_thumb.    ==     post-132150-0-79996100-1455436324_thumb.

Edited by wimb

Hi Atari,

Thank you for getting news

I had a contact with Lancelot, himself in contact with Galapo. 

I do not have all details but It seems to be linked to a security concern.

Galapo is in relation with the hosting support, I wish him a good luck.

It can probably take some time, Let us be patient.

JFX, would please help by implementing these:

1. Please add the option of preselecting the image inside the .wim file. I missed to installations today because the executable kept deploying 7 Ultimate instead of 7 Professional.

2. Please add the option in the .ini config file to set the OEM folder. Image and unattend file already exist.

Source=UnattendedFile=

3. Also, the SourceDir, UnattendDir and OEMDir do not work. When set in the default WinNTSetup.ini, the programs starts with the last opened folder, and NOT the one set in WinNTSetup.ini .

SourceDir=.\ImagesUnattendDir=.\UnattendOEMDir=.\OEM

4. Make any setting in the config file override the current application setting. For instance, if the application launches with:

SourceDir=.\Images

And I load an ini file with SourceDir=.\TestImages, the application will be overwritten with the value in the loaded ini file. I have already requested this so I would humbly request the reason why you do not want to implement it. It is not hard, it will not cause any harm the code, so what is the issue?

Edited by AlexCeed