Do you remember the good ol days

m16si

Do you still remember the old games like Recoil or Mass destruction where you were driving tanks around diffrent levels blowing up things???!???

Well right now in 2011 im looking for similar games like Recoil Or mass destruction...

Do you have any games in mind????

Or is it possible to boost graphic in Recoil or Mass Destruction

Link to there two incredible games from the past :D :

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/massdestruction/index.html

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/recoil/

Have fun lots of greetzzz from Slovenia

• 2 weeks later...

I remember Recoil. It could have been a much better game than it was, but it was still a great game.

I remember it was one of the first games I played with my first 3D video card (which it came with). I loved the graphics and was surprised how fast it ran.

I cannot say I've heard of any games similar to it recently though.

It's not easy to find old games, that's for sure. For DOS, I'd love to find "Beer The Game", and this side scroller (I forget the name). All I remember was it was fun and that it had these sound effects that played when you died ("The earth is...dead."), and when you lost it played "Game over man, game over!".

I guess just hard period to find indie stuff (i.e. not Apogee, Epic MegaGames, or ID Software) 15 years or so removed. Just loved those games when I first got into computers but my copies of those games got corrupted.

I did find Scorched Earth though. That one's still fun to pull out on DOS VM or DOSBox every once in a while.

Edited by Glenn9999

A lot of those older games show up on Abandonware sites. I've found a few old games on those types of sites.

Don't they usually focus on commercial stuff? I think most of the indie stuff (of any kind, games, utilities) just gets forgotten and goes extinct after a while.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a bunch of different sites out there. Some do have more commercial stuff, but if you can think of an old game, look it up + abandonware and see what you can find. I've found that some old indie games are not abandonware for some reason tho.