Sysprep issue

Trying to sysprep a Dell E6400, running Vista Enterprise, 32 bit. All standard programs installed*, patches applied, good to go. Yet, every single time I run sysprep, I get the following error :

"Wdfcoinstaller1005.dll is not designed to be run on Windows, or the file is courrupt."

The only thing I found online says is to just reinstall. Well it's not that simple when I have 15-20 laptops to reimage every week. The error pops-up twice, and then sysprep finishes. If I take the image anyway, I get an error while deploying it.

This has been dogging me for 2 months already, and I'm nearing my wits end! It does not happen on any other model machine we have, and they are all based off the same source DVD. I even tried to copy that file from a successfully cloned machine, and it still fails.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before, or have any clue as to how to get around? I'm falling behind so far now, I literally spend 8 hours a day imaging machines one by one, and then installing a bunch of departmental programs, which leaves very little time to get my other work completed.

(***Adobe Reader, Cisco VPN, and MS Office Communicator.)

Are you using the custom USB drivers? I read there are two versions of wdfcoinstaller1005.dll, x86 and x64. Make sure you are using the correct one. There is a big topic about it here, but frankly I'm not too familiar with its purpose:

https://www.osronline.com/ShowThread.cfm?link=112087

Alternatively, you may want to check for any of the log files in either of the Panther folders (including the CBS log files) to see if we can get a better error. And because I just remembered, are you updating Windows Media Player before sysprep?