How to Install KB976902?

alvinkhorfire

I am using 64-bit Windows 7. What is the proper way to install windows6.1-kb976902-x64.cab, which is manually downloaded from Microsoft Download Center? In other words, I am not using Windows Update to install the update.

Even after I tried to extract the content of the cab file and click the individual exe files, it did not work.

Thank you for the advice given.

Thanks for the links. It has been a great help. I presume that the links are from Microsoft Update Catalog, right? Next time, when I encounter such hotfix in the form of cab file, I will proceed to Microsoft Update Catalog.

Slightly off topic a bit. I want to ask question regarding the KB976902 msu file via RT 7 Lite. This program will certainly force you to slipstream Service Pack 1 into the Windows 7 RTM image, before you can integrate other hotfixes. Then again, this KB976902 hotfix is intended to be integrated before the service pack is being slipstreamed.

So, how should I solve this problem? Should I still use RT 7 Lite to slipstream Service Pack 1 first, and then subsequently integrate this hotfix?

Edited by alvinkhorfire