Realtek HD come from one speaker

RYU81

its working before but now only sound come from one speaker in all players even sound sound system come from 1 speaker.i can fix with install win again (its happen to me before) but i don't want to do that.

I try to uninstall then reinstall again still not fix it.use last version for driver.

Edited by RYU81

It is possible that the default driver only allows mono on the audio chipset you have. In the olden days, mono meant "left channel" but that may not be true in this case.

How do you know a reinstall will fix it? Tell us about your experiences with this.

You can try cleaning your speaker contact, as this is a common issue. A dirty plug ( you can't really clean the female connector ) can cause this issue. As can corrosion (even if you can't see it) on either connector. Try the following hardware steps to see if it makes a difference:

1. Twist the audio connector while you are playing audio. See if it cuts in or out.

2. While playing audio, slowly unplug the connector, and see if you get full stereo after the first notch.

Then again you didn't mention if this was a notebook or not.

You may also want to install the software for your sound card. Windows Update never includes this part, and even some sites a straight driver doesn't have it either.

It is possible that the default driver only allows mono on the audio chipset you have. In the olden days, mono meant "left channel" but that may not be true in this case.

How do you know a reinstall will fix it? Tell us about your experiences with this.

You can try cleaning your speaker contact, as this is a common issue. A dirty plug ( you can't really clean the female connector ) can cause this issue. As can corrosion (even if you can't see it) on either connector. Try the following hardware steps to see if it makes a difference:

1. Twist the audio connector while you are playing audio. See if it cuts in or out.

2. While playing audio, slowly unplug the connector, and see if you get full stereo after the first notch.

Then again you didn't mention if this was a notebook or not.

You may also want to install the software for your sound card. Windows Update never includes this part, and even some sites a straight driver doesn't have it either.

this issue in my laptop I sure not hardware issue because its happen before I reinstall win7 again then install latest driver for realtek then sound come from two speakers even before install realtek driver.

Realtek is becoming quite famous for glitches like this. I was thinking: maybe you don't need the latest driver, just find one that works. Take a look at my problem

Cheers

to fix it by replace RtkHDAud.sys file??

i sent email to realtek but not there reply from them :unsure:

Even if you are able to get to talk to someone at Realtek, they won't be too much help. They defer all support for their products through the manufacturer of the product their chip is on. For example, I had a problem with an RTL nic doing PXE boot (the rom was bad) on an AOpen, and I had to go through AOpen for support. The Realtek support group is more aimed at support to integrators (board manufacturers) more than end-users.