Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 


blackwingcat

KernelEx for Win2000

Recommended Posts

Soory, I mean context menu OF command prompt window. With right click I can open prefs (color, font, memory,...) or mark, copy, paste text.

Menu items:

Close

Edit -------------------> Check

Standard                    Copy

Properties                   Paste

                                 Check all

                                  Scroll

                                  Find

are japanese. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2016年6月16日 at 7:06 PM, JosefReisinger said:

Soory, I mean context menu OF command prompt window. With right click I can open prefs (color, font, memory,...) or mark, copy, paste text.

Menu items:

Close

Edit -------------------> Check

Standard                    Copy

Properties                   Paste

                                 Check all

                                  Scroll

                                  Find

are japanese. 

Can you find DLL in system32 which has japanese resource with VFI.EXE ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/06/2016 at 9:51 AM, blackwingcat said:

Can you find DLL in system32 which has japanese resource with VFI.EXE ?

I don´t have many dll with japanese resource. I only have ime files and some files of net framework with japanese resources. BTW: where did you get netfx11.msi which is present inside exkernel DXSETUP.cab? I wanted to replace with DEU file, but I only could find netfx.msi DEU. If I rename into netfx11.cab and put into DXSETUP.cab, the other net patches will not install and also net 2.0 will not install.

I made experiment with cmd.exe and process explorer on 2 machines:

1. Machine has installed w2k vanilla and then installed exkernel DVD DEU files (only replaced files). Most files are versions same as exkernel DVD.

2. Machine installed with exkernel DEU DVD.

Machine 1 will show DEU context menu of cmd.exe. Machine 2 shows japanese characters.

Machine 1: If I look at lower pane of cmd.exe, it will show advapi32.dll, ctype.nls, gdi32.dll, kernel32.dll, locale.nls, msvcrt.dll, ntdll.dll, rpcrt4.dll, sortkey.nls, sorttlbs.nls, unicode.nls and user32.dll.

Machine 2: shows same files.

If I open Poperties in DEU cmd context menu on Machine 1 (console.dll), lower pane will show also comctl32.dll, console.dll, lz32.dll, msctf.dll, msctf.dll.mui, ole32.dll, oleaut32.dll, shell32.dll, shlwapi.dll and version.dll

If I open properties in JAP cmd context menu on Machine 2 (console.dll), lower pane shows also comctl32.dll, console.dll, shell32.dll and shlwapi.dll, but will NOT show lz32.dll, msctf.dll, msctf.dll.mui, ole32.dll, oleaut32.dll and version.dll.

If I now close cmd.exe, wait little time (process explorer running) and start it again, cmd context menu is changed like magic and shows DEU characters like machine1. This is stable, also with reboot no japanese characters any more. Still lower pane of process explorer will not show lz32.dll, msctf.dll, msctf.dll.mui, ole32.dll, oleaut32.dll and version.dll.

Very strange, isn´t it??? Do you have explanation for this?

I found out that net 1 SP3 will not install with exkernel DVD. Which file is it?

There are no error messages with:
ECHO .NET 1.0SP3 FIX
copy gacutil.exe "%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705"
REM "%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\gacutil.exe" /il %SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\assemblylist.txt
"%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Copy2Gac.exe" /i /f:%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\assemblylist.txt /p:%SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\ /ri:"Microsoft.NET v1.0.3705" /rd:"Microsoft.NET Framework assembly" /q

But if I view net cleanup tool LOG, it lists up:

Net1.0: installed with no SP
Net1.1: installed with SP1
Net2.0: installed with SP2
Net3.0: installed with SP2
Net3.5: installed with SP1

Plz tell me if this is like it should be.

Greetings Joe
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked your VM Image with vfi.

I found some dll JPN version.

vmdeu.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/06/2016 at 2:19 AM, blackwingcat said:

I checked your VM Image with vfi.

I found some dll JPN version.

vmdeu.png

I changed cmdide (and also toside and viaide) and udpspapi.dll enu/deu.

takeown.exe is multilingual enu/ja.

ime files are ALWAYS japanese, aren´t they? (I looked into DEU source w2k installation disk and also in Windows2000-kb820199-x86-DEU.exe).

I never had japanese ntdll.dll on my computer, so I wonder how it slipped into the iso.

I solved the problem with missing SP3 of .net 1.0, and also added german language packs for .net 1.1, 2.0 and 3.5. I also added acrobat reader, bullzip pdf printer and some other stuff.

No errors left, only windows defender error. I found discussion on the internet, that a user name and profile is missing in german environment which is present by default in ENU, but no details about it. Can you look into permissions in ENU w2k and tell me which user is used by defender?

I will upload DEU iso on google drive again so you can use it for further examination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anybody help me find a copy of DNS Client update kb957579 for Windows 2000 SP4? The error is KB935839-v28d. Thanks. Perhaps blackwingcat can help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@blackwingcat I'm having an issue here with using Core v16a and KernelEx v2.8d ENU. Since I installed these, I cannot use dual monitors anymore. It shows up in the control panel but anytime I go to restart the machine, it doesn't install anything. It shows my second monitor, but dualview will not enable. In fact I reinstalled the driver and so it now it says (install dualview) in the Nvidia panel but when I go through the motions, nothing changes. I'm using NVIDIA 270.61.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tommy said:

@blackwingcat I'm having an issue here with using Core v16a and KernelEx v2.8d ENU. Since I installed these, I cannot use dual monitors anymore. It shows up in the control panel but anytime I go to restart the machine, it doesn't install anything. It shows my second monitor, but dualview will not enable. In fact I reinstalled the driver and so it now it says (install dualview) in the Nvidia panel but when I go through the motions, nothing changes. I'm using NVIDIA 270.61.

Which version did you use without problem ?

Which has problem nvidia driver or extended Core, do you think ? :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used Tomasz's UUrollup v11 weekly 3-23-13. I believe it's the extended core that's the problem only because I've tried several different drivers without success and dualview worked fine before I installed it. But I wanted to update since I was quite outdated and everything else seems to work but dualview.

Edit: I uninstalled the Core and rebooted, Dualview was detected. I'm pressed for time but it looks like once I reboot, it'll work like it did before.

Edit 2: I rebooted and dual view is back after removing the new Extended Core package.

Edited by Tommy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tommy said:

I used Tomasz's UUrollup v11 weekly 3-23-13. I believe it's the extended core that's the problem only because I've tried several different drivers without success and dualview worked fine before I installed it. But I wanted to update since I was quite outdated and everything else seems to work but dualview.

Edit: I uninstalled the Core and rebooted, Dualview was detected. I'm pressed for time but it looks like once I reboot, it'll work like it did before.

Edit 2: I rebooted and dual view is back after removing the new Extended Core package.

It seems to cause of Extendede Core videoprt.sys, can you check version status each one ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello blackwingcat,

It's been a while but it looks like they finally broke Firefox in w2k.

Can you test the very latest 51 nightly, I'm getting the dreaded error message "couldn't load XPCOM". I thought it might be sandboxing again but that's disabled as are e10s. 

Another error message I'm getting is this:

"The procedure entry point CoGetInterceptorFromTypeInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library ole32dll". 

The kernelex version I'm using is 2.6b, does a newer version fix that? It's a recent break in the last few days so I'm assuming no. It appears to be a call function in ole and is working in XP. Hopefully something can be done with it.   

Edited by DanR20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested in how you modify the kernel. Do you use something like Snowman or IDA pro?

Do you copy the function from other versions of windows or make them yourself? I would like to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016年8月22日 at 10:45 PM, DanR20 said:

Hello blackwingcat,

It's been a while but it looks like they finally broke Firefox in w2k.

Can you test the very latest 51 nightly, I'm getting the dreaded error message "couldn't load XPCOM". I thought it might be sandboxing again but that's disabled as are e10s. 

Another error message I'm getting is this:

"The procedure entry point CoGetInterceptorFromTypeInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library ole32dll". 

The kernelex version I'm using is 2.6b, does a newer version fix that? It's a recent break in the last few days so I'm assuming no. It appears to be a call function in ole and is working in XP. Hopefully something can be done with it.   

It seems something  wrong.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/robgruen/2004/12/06/calling-cogetinterceptor-on-win2k/

https://msdn.microsoft.com/ja-jp/library/windows/desktop/ms693396(v=vs.85).aspx

plz refer these documents. : P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tested it and are you getting the same error? It seems that it could be linked through run-time dynamic linking so fixing it might be possible. Are you able to modify ole32 so it can export the function same as XP?

After some testing it was determined to be the result of this change:

https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/mozilla-inbound/rev/c9f49a119255

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016年8月24日 at 10:37 PM, DanR20 said:

Have you tested it and are you getting the same error? It seems that it could be linked through run-time dynamic linking so fixing it might be possible. Are you able to modify ole32 so it can export the function same as XP?

After some testing it was determined to be the result of this change:

https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/mozilla-inbound/rev/c9f49a119255

The function is too complex .

How did they change  mozilla code  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...