KernelEx for Win2000

I love palemoon for atom and XP Edition (firefox 25 base ).

I'll check it later.

It seems not to work on Windows NT 5.x.

Thx

So you tested nightly 46 and are having the same problem on W2k and XP? Is there anything that can be done? It's working for me on XP, only W2k is broke.

It appears to be the tabbar that's unresponsive since it's impossible to even create a new tab.

Hi.

I checked Windows XP on Hyper-V and I found same problem.

Perhaps it is a bug or Windows NT 5.x  Problem.

hi,firefox 43.0 working well under xp sp3

I love palemoon for atom and XP Edition (firefox 25 base ).

I'll check it later.

It seems not to work on Windows NT 5.x.

Thx

So you tested nightly 46 and are having the same problem on W2k and XP? Is there anything that can be done? It's working for me on XP, only W2k is broke.

It appears to be the tabbar that's unresponsive since it's impossible to even create a new tab.

Hi.

I checked Windows XP on Hyper-V and I found same problem.

Perhaps it is a bug or Windows NT 5.x  Problem.

hi,firefox 43.0 working well under xp sp3

Hi.

It is the environment under multi-Process option enabled.

Firefox 43 does not have it.

Hi blackwingcat, good news, couldn't figure out why e10s were still working on 45.0 and not 46.0 so I went through and compared the about:config settings. It turns out in 46.0 they added sandboxing. Look for the entry "security.sandbox.content.level" and change it from default 2 to 0 to disable it. e10s are back in business for w2k, although as usual performance isn't that great but that's a browser issue. I'm going to keep e10s disabled for as long as it's possible.

Would it be possible to make sandboxing work on w2k because if I know Mozilla they will eventually remove this option as they do so many others.

Edited by DanR20

Hi, Happy new year.

it also seems to be able to resolve this problem with security.sandbox.content.level value to "1"

Hi blackwingcat, good news, couldn't figure out why e10s were still working on 45.0 and not 46.0 so I went through and compared the about:config settings. It turns out in 46.0 they added sandboxing. Look for the entry "security.sandbox.content.level" and change it from default 2 to 0 to disable it. e10s are back in business for w2k, although as usual performance isn't that great but that's a browser issue. I'm going to keep e10s disabled for as long as it's possible.

Would it be possible to make sandboxing work on w2k because if I know Mozilla they will eventually remove this option as they do so many others.

Working here too using 1. In a recent Mozilla bug they said they planned to remove "security.sandbox.content.level" and hard code it, most likely at maximum security setting of 2. They did mention however the possibility of using environment variables to disable it so we'll just have to wait and see. Lots of big (and unwanted) changes coming to Firefox I''m afraid.

• 3 weeks later...

@blackwingcat

I tried to make HFSLIP Exkernel DVD 14 DEU according to english version and replaced english files with german ones (same build number). I also replaced files in the cabs, because many of the cabs are custom made.

When I install from DVD, BSOD c000021a, STATUS 0x00000080 (0X00000000 0x00000000) - the logon process terminated unexpectibly - after coping the files in txtmode setup and first reboot -> gui setup. I looked and found that the folder "Documents and settings" was not created during txtmode setup. This happens with german dvd, but also with your original enu hfslip image and german source. Note: I did not install drive c:, but drive d:

Do you know when exactly the folder should be created - in txtmode setup or in gui setup? Which files are involved creating "documents and settings"? Perhaps it is scripting problem?

Greetings Joe

It seems corrupted files.

I found some old cab extract softwares have critical bug.

If you use it which has same problem, it occurs BSoD.

What did you use the extractor ?

@blackwingcat

I tried to make HFSLIP Exkernel DVD 14 DEU according to english version and replaced english files with german ones (same build number). I also replaced files in the cabs, because many of the cabs are custom made.

When I install from DVD, BSOD c000021a, STATUS 0x00000080 (0X00000000 0x00000000) - the logon process terminated unexpectibly - after coping the files in txtmode setup and first reboot -> gui setup. I looked and found that the folder "Documents and settings" was not created during txtmode setup. This happens with german dvd, but also with your original enu hfslip image and german source. Note: I did not install drive c:, but drive d:

Do you know when exactly the folder should be created - in txtmode setup or in gui setup? Which files are involved creating "documents and settings"? Perhaps it is scripting problem?

Greetings Joe

Thank you for your answer.

For combining the cabs (copy /b) I used cmd. My cmd version is 5.0.2195.7300

Into the HFSLIP Tools folder I copied the files from your ENU dvd.

HFSLIP seems to use expand (my version is 6.1.7600.16385) and extract (my version is 6.0.6001.18702), I also found extrac32.exe on my system (version 5.0.2147.1). My cabarc.exe version is 6.0.6001.18702.

Because the BSOD also occurs with your original DVD image and german source without changing files, it is not likely that my work produced the bsod, but here is how I did it:

For extracting the hotfixes I use cmd: Windows2000-XXX-XX-DEU.exe /X. I found out that on my system it refuses parents:

Windows2000-KB891861-v2-x86-ENU(SRP1(v2)).EXE /X -> message "Windows2000-KB891861-v2-x86-ENU" is misspelled or could not be found. So I cancelled the parents.

When replacing files in the cabs: I used 7zip v9.20, extracted into a folder, exchanged the files and used cmd-> makecab with ddf file

My makecab version is 6.1.7600.16385. Only in one case (_OE6_HFSLIP) I used cabpack because makecab refuses to process setup.inf.

Nevertheless, it seems to be hard to make exkernel DEU dvd. I will upload the DEU incompleted image including german source on google drive. You will get a message to your gmail account. If you could be so nice and try it out, perhaps with your experience, the mistakes can be found quickly. I also will upload a readme file what I changed.

Greetings Joe

Thank you for your answer.

For combining the cabs (copy /b) I used cmd. My cmd version is 5.0.2195.7300

Into the HFSLIP Tools folder I copied the files from your ENU dvd.

HFSLIP seems to use expand (my version is 6.1.7600.16385) and extract (my version is 6.0.6001.18702), I also found extrac32.exe on my system (version 5.0.2147.1). My cabarc.exe version is 6.0.6001.18702.

Because the BSOD also occurs with your original DVD image and german source without changing files, it is not likely that my work produced the bsod, but here is how I did it:

For extracting the hotfixes I use cmd: Windows2000-XXX-XX-DEU.exe /X. I found out that on my system it refuses parents:

Windows2000-KB891861-v2-x86-ENU(SRP1(v2)).EXE /X -> message "Windows2000-KB891861-v2-x86-ENU" is misspelled or could not be found. So I cancelled the parents.

When replacing files in the cabs: I used 7zip v9.20, extracted into a folder, exchanged the files and used cmd-> makecab with ddf file

My makecab version is 6.1.7600.16385. Only in one case (_OE6_HFSLIP) I used cabpack because makecab refuses to process setup.inf.

Nevertheless, it seems to be hard to make exkernel DEU dvd. I will upload the DEU incompleted image including german source on google drive. You will get a message to your gmail account. If you could be so nice and try it out, perhaps with your experience, the mistakes can be found quickly. I also will upload a readme file what I changed.

Greetings Joe

Some old hotfix use other option to extract. Please try to execute it with "/?" option.

You should replace from  Windows2000-KB891861-v2-x86-ENU to Windows2000-KB891861-v2-x86-DEU, shouldn't you ?

(of course you should change cmd file)

Hi , I am a big fan of you.
Where can i download your hsslip pakage?
Can you please teach me how can i make my own driver for win2k/xp from scratch for mordern pcs.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1763141.html

Here is. :P

Thx for your donation.

I checked your hfslipMain folder.

I found 4 errata in your folder.

I found old advapi32.dll in your SOURCE\i386.

I think it should not exist there.

And check your SOURCESS\i386\advapi32.*

New Advapi32.dl_ is only there in SOURCESS\i386\ .

And you made mistake REPLACE folder.

ntdll.dll should  not be compressed.

Your HFEXPERT\WIN folder is empty.

The setup requires some files in this folder.

For example firefox requires compatible mode changing.

You should install dinput8.dll which is directX 8 files.

So Flash Player and Adobe Air fail to install.

Greetings Joe

Edited by blackwingcat

Thank you very much, It works now without BSOD and I could install from HFSLIPMain.

I have minor bug with explorer. The button "Search" (for files and folders) does not respond. I found out that w2k german version does not like CLSID InProcServer %_MOD_PATH% in registry, it wants X:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\SHELL32.DLL . Do you have an idea why %_MOD_PATH% is not filled in correctly in exkernel?

Now I can go on creating DEU exkernel DVD. Where can I get:

*DEU xpsp3res.dll 5.1.2600.3698, dated 16.4.2010?

*DEU mui files for HF\WIN\SYSTEM32\de-at?

*DEU wbemDC, wmicad.dll, wmiutils.dll dated 25.7.2008 for HF\WIN\SYSTEM32\WBEM?

*DEU files for HF\HFEXTRACTED\WindowsLU-MDAC282-v3-ENU?

*DEU IE6 files 6.0.2600 dated 17-Aug-2001 for _OE6_HFSLIP.cab? - or should I stay with 6.0.2800?

*DEU msxml files and r-files of the appropriate versions?

*DEU faxcover.exe 5.2.2600.6078

*DEU mfc*.dll files?

*DEU msvcp*.dll files?

It seems that the DX cabs can be used without modification, isn´t it?

Greetings and THX for help, again!

Joe

Edited by JosefReisinger

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1830664.html

Do you tell about it?

*DEU mfc*.dll files?

*DEU msvcp*.dll files?

You should replace localized MFC60 and before version.

see MS11-024

You should replace resource file only.

It comes from XP or 2003 DEU version.

See MS10-035

and you should extract it and rename file.

Detail is version resource

Yes, Perhaps de-de or de-at.

It comes from  2003.

They are microsoft hotfixes for 2003 . you can find Official site.

*DEU IE6 files 6.0.2600 dated 17-Aug-2001 for _OE6_HFSLIP.cab? - or should I stay with 6.0.2800?

You can replace it newer version If you have.

Some DX files are localized.

You can find easy compare to Japanese Package.

Thank you very much, It works now without BSOD and I could install from HFSLIPMain.

I have minor bug with explorer. The button "Search" (for files and folders) does not respond. I found out that w2k german version does not like CLSID InProcServer %_MOD_PATH% in registry, it wants X:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\SHELL32.DLL . Do you have an idea why %_MOD_PATH% is not filled in correctly in exkernel?

Now I can go on creating DEU exkernel DVD. Where can I get:

*DEU mfc*.dll files?

*DEU msvcp*.dll files?

Greetings and THX for help, again!

Joe

@blackwingcat

Hi, can you please teach me how can i customize kerenal32.dll and nt.dll of windows xp

I love reverse enginearing.

PLease can you teach me.

I want to do like you for windows XP.

Please help me.