KernelEx for Win2000

Extended kernel v2.2 is released. (English and Japanese)

The applications which complied with /MT or /Mtd option by VC++2012 work on Windows 2000 ! :hello:

You can download sample application from here

Thanks to you now Windows 2000 offers more than even XP :w00t: Someone should make similar extensions for XP/2003 ;)

You can download here always.

It's most recent information page.

Where is the kernel extension available for download? I checked your blog but I don't see anything new except for v2.1b. Was there a problem with the newest release that it's not up there or is it on a separate download page?

I do in a sense but it's a total migraine for me because I have to use a proxy to begin with because none of the ISPs around here like that site because they all get bad gateways but even the proxies that will go through, the download stops before it barely even gets off the ground. I always prefered the downloads to be on the blog because the proxy I used for it was always reliable. But, if you click on Windows Legacy Catalog, set it to WIndows 2000 and your language, then just use your browser's find tool and just type in 2.2, it should be the only one on the list.

If you're looking for the English version, I think this is it: http://w2k.flxsrv.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi?file=Windows2000-KB935839-v22-x86-ENU.exe

Good luck.

Bad GateWay

If you don't use thedirect link, please change security level down at this site.

I'm just not having very good luck. Thanks anyway.

Cheers and Regards

You can't use direct links to download BlackWingCat;s files... but they can be still downloaded with Free Download Manager. Just use the link from above and it will work ;)

Thanks tomasz86!!!!

However, there is a slight problem with this kernel extension that didn't exist in v2.1b. When launching Chrome, I get an application error stating that the instruction at 0x7c5c54c3 referenced memory at 0x00000000, the memory couldn't be written. Dunno if that's fixable or not. I know Tomasz86 stated he had problems with Iron before so if I have to use just firefox, then I can. But if it's something simple, then I hope this info comes in handy for fixing the problem. :)

Once again, I truly appreciate all your hard work, both blackwingcat and tomasz86!! You're both saviors to the true Windows 2000 fans!

Edited by SearanoX

Hi,

The error occurs on GetThreadPreferredUILanguages

What your PC default LCID ?

Do you use not 0x409 (en-US) ?

Thanks tomasz86!!!!

However, there is a slight problem with this kernel extension that didn't exist in v2.1b. When launching Chrome, I get an application error stating that the instruction at 0x7c5c54c3 referenced memory at 0x00000000, the memory couldn't be written. Dunno if that's fixable or not. I know Tomasz86 stated he had problems with Iron before so if I have to use just firefox, then I can. But if it's something simple, then I hope this info comes in handy for fixing the problem. :)

Once again, I truly appreciate all your hard work, both blackwingcat and tomasz86!! You're both saviors to the true Windows 2000 fans!

I just installed the new kernel extension v2.2a, however we're getting the Japanese text in dialogs again. In Chrome, it seems to be coming up with a different error now but since I can't read Japanese, I'm thinking it says the instruction at 0x01cc66d5 referenced memory at 0x01587000, the memory couldn't be read. I'm not sure but I'm assuming that's what it is saying.

On my environment seems SRWare Iron works fine.

What version do you use the Chrome ?

The address bounds strongly with chrome.dll version, so there is no meaning without dll version. :unsure:

I just installed the new kernel extension v2.2a, however we're getting the Japanese text in dialogs again. In Chrome, it seems to be coming up with a different error now but since I can't read Japanese, I'm thinking it says the instruction at 0x01cc66d5 referenced memory at 0x01587000, the memory couldn't be read. I'm not sure but I'm assuming that's what it is saying.

Edited by blackwingcat

I'm using Chrome version 23.0.1243.2. I just checked Iron which is version 20.0.1150.1, that doesn't work either. Neither versions worked since I installed extended kernel 2.2/2.2a.

By the way, I think it's ntdll.dll which is causing the Japanese text to appear, as it's language is marked Japanese.

Edited by SearanoX

Hi.

I fixed on v2.2b.

But I'm sorry , I have tested chrome only 21.0.1180.89 yet.

Plz try it.

I'm using Chrome version 23.0.1243.2. I just checked Iron which is version 20.0.1150.1, that doesn't work either. Neither versions worked since I installed extended kernel 2.2/2.2a.

By the way, I think it's ntdll.dll which is causing the Japanese text to appear, as it's language is marked Japanese.