KernelEx for Win2000

41 minutes ago, windows2 said:

Nice to get it work , and about the browser try maypal 68  and 360 Extreme explorer modified ;)

Maypal 68 work if you check these cases , i think 

IMG_20230306_172625.jpg

Mypal 68 should work natively with KernelEX version 3.1b and newer. It's still possible to run it with older versions of KEX, but you'll have to refer to this guide.

2 hours ago, tyukok said:

Mypal 68 should work natively with KernelEX version 3.1b and newer. It's still possible to run it with older versions of KEX, but you'll have to refer to this 

Edit: It works! No more procedure entry point error!

Edited by Jakob99

6 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

I installed Windows2000-KB935839-v31gM-x86-ENU.wlu from blackwingcat's site, but upon running MyPal 68.12.0.81.95 from GitHub, I get "The Procedure Entry point NtReleaseKeyedEvent could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll. I also tried installing Windows2000-KB979683-v16b-x86-ENU.wlu, but this doesn't even do anything, not even open up an installation box.

Edit: I extracted the file and got a 16b installer. Still the same error.

i hope @blackwingcat add this missing function in ntdll

me version 68.12.1 work fine .

123.jpg.dfcfa7c187474f7c1fd471d82f95141b.jpg

and now i will test latest version in the download site of mypal :

https://www.mypal-browser.org/download.html

Edit : now i can confirm 68.12.3 work fine ;)

Edited by windows2

30 minutes ago, windows2 said:

i hope @blackwingcat add this missing function in ntdll

me version 68.12.1 work fine .

123.jpg.dfcfa7c187474f7c1fd471d82f95141b.jpg

and now i will test latest version in the download site of mypal :

https://www.mypal-browser.org/download.html

Edit : now i can confirm 68.12.3 work fine ;)

I can confirm officially that MyPal 68 works splendidly under Windows 2000 as I am replying to this from that! Thanks to windows2 for this suggestion!

On 3/5/2023 at 10:02 PM, blackwingcat said:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/2029423.html

I creatd it.

But it seems to be supported windows 2000 , so I modified inf file only.

How about version 9.2 driver ? :3

Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to say thank you to blackwingcat for all the amazing work he has done in getting Windows 2000 to work on modern hardware such as Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, and even Haswell. Thanks also goes to Realtek for keeping 2k support for their audio and Ethernet (whether they forgot about it or they really do not change much when they "update" the driver for a new Windows release) and also to ALPS Touchpad for allowing the drivers to be installed onto 2k with a simple INF mod, and also to the good folks at win-raid for supplying me with the modded BIOS that made my installation possible!

I do have a few bug reports, however. After installing the Atheros driver, the CPU usage increases. This was not problem prior to driver installation. I think I found a temporarily fix for this, which is to disable the network adapter unless I need to browse the web with MyPal until hopefully a more viable solution can be found.

And there is also a weird caveat with audio drivers. You MUST install any audio drivers before installing Extended Kernel/Core. This includes: Realtek audio to even USB Bluetooth (make sure to sync your Bluetooth audio device after installation so the Bluetooth audio drivers can install. I think you'll be fine if you connect to a different audio device after installing the Kernel/Core, but, this has not been tested/proven as I only have one Bluetooth Audio device that I use) and other audio devices that install drivers. If you attempt to set any of this up after setting up Extended Kernel v31 and Extended Core 16b, it will not work even though the drivers do not throw any error codes (such as code 10) in the device manager. Realtek audio stops working (the computer reverts to the no audio driver installed beep when dialog boxes pop up) as does Bluetooth audio as well as Intel Display audio (this, afaik, can only be installed after kernel/core and will always cause this error until it is fixed). Idk why this happens. I'm hoping blackwingcat can figure out a solution. In short, audio drivers such as Realtek and Bluetooth audio installed prior to Kernel/Core will work, and will continue to work even after you install the kernel/core, just don't install the Intel Display Audio until bwc finds a solution and releases a kernel update for it.

On 3/3/2023 at 8:29 AM, blackwingcat said:

It uses Qt 5.10.

Qt 5.7 and later are not compatible binary NT 5.x.

On Hedgewars issue: So it's not a problem with the undefined functions, you say, but with Qt?

And what about Audacity? On the "Source" page it says it uses GTK3 if using pre-built wxWidgets, but GTK2 if you compile yourself:

The wxWidgets library is required. Audacity 3.0.0 requires wxGTK 3.1.3, with our patches.
If you compile wxWidgets yourself it should be built with the default gtk2 option, not with gtk3.

Please look into this issue.

Regards, SkyKuker (Kuks).

4 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

Do you have a link to your portable version of Office 2010 as well as the steps needed to pull this off?

Hi Jakob99 , the link exist here

Use mypal 29 to download with mega , because mypal68 has problem with mega.nz even in windows XP. 

i am in process to writing script to resolve the issue which explained in this thread. 

Edited by windows2

Sorry for the offtopic, but why does it take ages to download the extended kernel or anything else from blackwingcat's site? The speed is a dozen kbps regardless of the link.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 12:22 AM, SkyKuker said:

On Hedgewars issue: So it's not a problem with the undefined functions, you say, but with Qt?

And what about Audacity? On the "Source" page it says it uses GTK3 if using pre-built wxWidgets, but GTK2 if you compile yourself:

The wxWidgets library is required. Audacity 3.0.0 requires wxGTK 3.1.3, with our patches.
If you compile wxWidgets yourself it should be built with the default gtk2 option, not with gtk3.

Please look into this issue.

Regards, SkyKuker (Kuks).

The binary for NT6.x is use many undefined functions, but it binary structure is different from NT 5.x, so, if I embedded all functions for it It would not work.

You can find it  from VC++ 2019 binary with v141_xp option or not.  :3

On 3/23/2023 at 8:08 AM, blackwingcat said:

The binary for NT6.x is use many undefined functions, but it binary structure is different from NT 5.x, so, if I embedded all functions for it It would not work.

You can find it  from VC++ 2019 binary with v141_xp option or not.  :3

Thx for your answer!
I have other issues:

WinSetupFromUSB refuses to work. It shows

WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) seems to be not working. It's needed to obtain USB disk properties.
Press YES to visit a web page, describing how to repair it, or NO to exit the program

The site is NOT working, of course.

And another one: the "properties" tab is not working in Device Manager and Event Viewer after I install the KernelEx. The Add\Remove Programs tab behaves oddly peculiarly. Should it be like that, and why?

5 hours ago, SkyKuker said:

WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) seems to be not working. It's needed to obtain USB disk properties.
Press YES to visit a web page, describing how to repair it, or NO to exit the program

The site is NOT working, of course.

And another one: the "properties" tab is not working in Device Manager and Event Viewer after I install the KernelEx. The Add\Remove Programs tab behaves oddly peculiarly. Should it be like that, and why?

Umm... I can not understand it well.

The message was shown by error with winmgmts://localhost/root/CIMV2

plz try to execute wbemtest and open root\cimv2

15 hours ago, blackwingcat said:

The message was shown by error with winmgmts://localhost/root/CIMV2

plz try to execute wbemtest and open root\cimv2

I tried to do this (even with tweaked settings), and it shows me this error:

Number: 0x800706f7
Facility: Win32
Description: The stub received bad data.

I tried to tweak everything, still the same.

On 3/31/2023 at 2:02 AM, SkyKuker said:

I tried to do this (even with tweaked settings), and it shows me this error:

Number: 0x800706f7
Facility: Win32
Description: The stub received bad data.

I tried to tweak everything, still the same.

Perhaps  your system is broken.

Can you show me your environment by Virtual Machine Image ?

13 hours ago, blackwingcat said:

Can you show me your environment by Virtual Machine Image ?

Since I use a real machine, I can use "dd" or "Disk2vhd" to create an image and then attach the link to the image to my message if I must share a virtual disk image with you.

Which method is more convenient for you?

Edited by SkyKuker