KernelEx for Win2000

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/26/2012 at 2:51 AM, blackwingcat said:

Kernelex v15m is released (3 languages version).

changing:

Add GetProcessImageFileNameA/GetProcessImageFileNameW in psapi.dll

shell32.dll is fixed for compatibility for WildBill's win32k patch.

I know this isn't really Extended Kernel related, but is there any way you can update your site to include other languages such as English in addition to Japanese? As it stands now, we have to use Google Translate on your site, which isn't bad, but we can't download from the Google Translated version, meaning we have to do so from the non-translated page, and we can't just use Ctrl+F to jump to our download as it's in Japanese. Just tossing the idea out there.

On 10/6/2022 at 5:56 PM, George King said:

I understand these points from reversing your mod.

I can do 2 and 3 without issues. But I can't replace InitializeCriticalSectionEx with InitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount. If I try it in CFF Explorer which I usually use to modify imports, it fails.

New string is too long and can't fit in import table. If I try it with HEX replace all other imports are broken after then. What tool have you used to fix this import please?

EDIT: I have only one idea how to achieve it. Delete both import in CFF Explorer and then manually select needed functions from list and rebuild import this way. This will be hard as there are 152 imports from kernel32.dll in x64 MSVCRT

If you use internet access with Windows 7 or 10 PC, you had better use Google chrome embedded "Google translator".  it is useful.

you can enable it from google setting language preference.

8 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

I've tried your modded Qualcom Atheros WiFi driver, which supports my Atheros AR5B125 card and 2000, but I keep getting a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD, even with Extended Kernel and Core installed. Any idea why this happens? http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/2024680.html

if you want to resolve this BSOD you should to go to propreties of  system and make memory.dmp created . after bsod Window should restart to MEMORY.DMP created in c:\winnt  ,and then send it to blackwingcat and then he can know the cause of this problem ,

Note : after that i advice you to install extended core 16b maybe it resolve your isue download it frol wlu site , personally i use it to make intel hd graphics 3000 worked and wlan card . 

Hello, Mr Cat!

Recently I tried your KernelEx update. It's truly a lifesaver for me. For example, thanks to it, I could launch a VLC player and the SDI. These two are working flawlessly!

However, I tried launching Hedgewars and Audacity with the latest version available. Hedgewars couldn't launch, giving me the error:

The procedure entry point ConvertInterfaceIndexToLuid could not be located in the iphlpapi.dll.

As I have seen, this pack swaps the stock iphlpapi.dll with its own while still not containing that function.

And the Audacity first showed:

The procedure entry point SleepConditionVariableSRW could not be located in the kernel32.dll.

Then I tried to enable this function (the installer disabled it by default). Right after, it showed me:

The procedure entry point CloseThreadpoolWait could not be located in the kernel32.dll.

For Audacity, I couldn't enable the last function (and I doubt it would work even that way).

I kindly ask you to look into this issue.

Much love, SkyKuker (Kuks).

Edited by SkyKuker
Spelling

On 3/2/2023 at 12:17 PM, WinCare said:

@blackwingcat

Blackwingcat, did you discontinue the extended kernel of Windows 2000? Or what, I need to run Office 2013 on Windows 2000 Extended Kernel. 

Extended kernel main object is running any Windows XP applications :3

Why do you need office 2013  ? I think it is almost compatible Office 2007. 

On 3/1/2023 at 10:21 AM, Jakob99 said:

I've tried your modded Qualcom Atheros WiFi driver, which supports my Atheros AR5B125 card and 2000, but I keep getting a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD, even with Extended Kernel and Core installed. Any idea why this happens? http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/2024680.html

If you know another version(older version is better :3 ) XP driver and tell me it , I will try to modify it.

On 3/2/2023 at 4:39 AM, SkyKuker said:

Hello, Mr Cat!

Recently I tried your KernelEx update. It's truly a life saver for me. For example, thanks to it, I could launch a VLC player and the SDI. These two are working flawlessly!

However, I tried launching Hedgewars and Audacity with the latest version available. Hedgewars couldn't launch, giving me an error:

The procedure entry point ConvertInterfaceIndexToLuid could not be located in the iphlpapi.dll.

As I have seen, this pack swaps the stock iphlpapi.dll with its own while still not containing that function.

And the Audacity first showed:

The procedure entry point SleepConditionVariableSRW could not be located in the kernel32.dll.

Then I tried to enable this function (it was disabled by default). Right after, it showed me:

The procedure entry point CloseThreadpoolWait could not be located in the kernel32.dll.

For Audacity, I couldn't enable the last function (and I doubt it would work even that way).

I kindly ask you to look into this issue.

Much love, SkyKuker (Kuks).

It uses Qt 5.10.

Qt 5.7 and later are not compatible binary NT 5.x.

2 hours ago, blackwingcat said:

If you know another version(older version is better :3 ) XP driver and tell me it , I will try to modify it.

Any AR5B125 Windows XP driver from 2012 or earlier works without producing the aforementioned BSOD. I noticed that the 2013 drivers produce the same BSOD under XP whereas the 2012 and earlier ones do not (if a driver updater like Snappy offers the network card update, just skip it). Unfortunately, I lost the BSOD-free driver as my 2TB external HDD crashed, taking everything with it :( You can find the hopefully BSOD-free 10.0.0.54 (April 2012) version here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/fi9lsdjcpq7jj1o/xp3264-10.0.0.54-whql.zip/file (please let me know if you cannot access this).

9 hours ago, mina7601 said:

Honestly, I think getting Office 2010 to run would be sufficient.

That will work if you can find an offline installer. Just install it normally. Nothing should have to be done to get it working other than Extended Kernel/Core, obviously.

On 3/3/2023 at 4:27 PM, Jakob99 said:

Any AR5B125 Windows XP driver from 2012 or earlier works without producing the aforementioned BSOD. I noticed that the 2013 drivers produce the same BSOD under XP whereas the 2012 and earlier ones do not (if a driver updater like Snappy offers the network card update, just skip it). Unfortunately, I lost the BSOD-free driver as my 2TB external HDD crashed, taking everything with it :( You can find the hopefully BSOD-free 10.0.0.54 (April 2012) version here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/fi9lsdjcpq7jj1o/xp3264-10.0.0.54-whql.zip/file (please let me know if you cannot access this).

I tried to fix Atheros AR5008 Wireless Network Adapter Driver for Win2000

At first, try it.

If it shows BSoD, then I will try to create from 10.0.054. :3