KernelEx for Win2000

On 4/1/2022 at 7:55 PM, Egorkaru said:

After installing Windows 2000 Extended Kernel v3.1aM on an English version of Windows 2000 Professional SP4, all installers created with NSIS (for example, VLC Media Player 1.1.11, AIMP 2.61.583 and AutoIt 3.3.8.1 installers) crash immediately after going to the license agreement page. This bug is caused by the updated riched20.dll library, which is part of the Extended Kernel. If restore the original riched20.dll file in the C:\WINNT\system32 folder from the original Windows 2000 SP4 ISO image, then the installers on NSIS do not crash.
Dear blackwingcat, are you going to fix this bug on NSIS installers in the future version of Windows 2000 Extended Kernel?

Why hasn't blackwingcat still fixed the license page bug in NSIS installers due to riched20.dll library from Windows 10?

Edited by Egorkaru

On 6/5/2022 at 2:32 PM, Egorkaru said:

Why hasn't blackwingcat still fixed the license page bug in NSIS installers due to riched20.dll library from Windows 10?

Why is the further development of Windows 2000 Extended Kernel still stopped?

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, blackwingcat said:

I think It came from install option.

Has the bug existed yet ?  :3

@blackwingcat as mentioned by  @systremor there appears to be a bug with running NT6 on pentium 3 causing explorer to generate crashes when traversing multiple directories.

is there any fix for this on the latest version? i'd love to use this on my P3

if replacing the DLL  fixes it. how do i get that DLL and where to place it?

thank you in advance ^^

11 hours ago, sebaskitty said:

@blackwingcat as mentioned by  @systremor there appears to be a bug with running NT6 on pentium 3 causing explorer to generate crashes when traversing multiple directories.

is there any fix for this on the latest version? i'd love to use this on my P3

if replacing the DLL  fixes it. how do i get that DLL and where to place it?

thank you in advance ^^

I recognize the problem just now :3

I fix it on v3.1d2.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I can't download KernelEx v3.1 (nor any other version) in English: Windows2000-KB935839-v31M-x86-ENU.wlu

The error message is:

Bad GateWay
If you don't use thedirect link, please change security level down at this site.

I tried with FF105, IE 11, and even Tor.

Does someone have an alternative link? thank you

Apparently the problem is solved, it was just needed to go to the Windows Legacy Update (http://win2k.org/wlu/wluen.htm) and search for the keyword "Extended".

Edited by mrbean001
problem solved

Hi @blackwingcat

I see you have patched MSVCRT v7.0.6002.22755 (vistasp2_ldr.111214-0301) for XP x86.

There are applied some patches and I don't understand why. I would like to create x64 one too according to comparing your patched file with original one.

I can probably replicate all x86 patches. I have also idea how to improve one of the patch in your file on OS system version check. 

Do you have any notes from it's creation? 

These changes I catched, improved patch is on picture 3

https://anonfiles.com/Gaj7aaB6yb/msvcrt_7z

Do we really need other patches? 

Imports fixing is easy to replicate, only other patches are questionable for me.

On 10/1/2022 at 1:20 AM, mrbean001 said:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I can't download KernelEx v3.1 (nor any other version) in English: Windows2000-KB935839-v31M-x86-ENU.wlu

The error message is:

Bad GateWay
If you don't use thedirect link, please change security level down at this site.

I tried with FF105, IE 11, and even Tor.

Does someone have an alternative link? thank you

Apparently the problem is solved, it was just needed to go to the Windows Legacy Update (http://win2k.org/wlu/wluen.htm) and search for the keyword "Extended".

If your all browser show same message, almost "Bad Gateway" message comes from by the security soft redirection.

On 10/4/2022 at 8:06 AM, George King said:

Hi @blackwingcat

I see you have patched MSVCRT v7.0.6002.22755 (vistasp2_ldr.111214-0301) for XP x86.

There are applied some patches and I don't understand why. I would like to create x64 one too according to comparing your patched file with original one.

I can probably replicate all x86 patches. I have also idea how to improve one of the patch in your file on OS system version check. 

XP version  was changed for supporting for XP

* InitializeCriticalSectionEx replaced InitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount

* Remove  SetThreadStackGuarantee thread

* not use RtlGetVersion

17 hours ago, WinWord2000 said:

the download link dosent' work it redirect to other file "file.exe" ,please use google drive mediafire

it is not the redirect.

one of security soft drops web information while file check.

So block it.