KernelEx for Win2000

5 hours ago, Andreasmir said:

I have a problem after installing the latest v3.0i version on my Win2000 laptop.

When I try to run Atheros Client Utility (WiFi networks Manager) it shows an error:

"The procedure entry point __CxxFrameHandler3 could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

I already tried to reinstall Extended Kernel. I did the clean installation, uninstalled the old version, rebooted, then installed 3.0i. Same error, can't get ACU working.

Everything was fine with version of Extended Kernel v.3.0f.

Is there any solution?

Untitled.jpg

5 minutes ago, WinWord2000 said:

replace the msvcrt.dll by the v3.0f msvcrt.dll

@BlackWingCat should know about this error, in order to fix it 

• 3 weeks later...

On 1/24/2022 at 6:58 AM, windows2 said:

@BlackWingCat should know about this error, in order to fix it 

You should select MSVCRT NT6 Series option.

If Windows replaces older msvcrt.dll (2003 or 2005), Plese try to "move WFP Folder" Option or disable WFP.

msvcrt.png

On 1/21/2022 at 5:59 PM, Jakob99 said:

Cool! Will have to try this. Haven't been on the 2000 side of the multi-boot in a while and have been in 7 for the past couple of weeks.

Extended Kernel v3.1, a major update, has been released today. :angel

(in addition to this - @piotrhn, extended kernel v3.1 now makes Blender 2.80 run on Windows 2000!)

Edited by mina7601
Edited link to make it clearer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 11:01 AM, blackwingcat said:

You should select MSVCRT NT6 Series option.

If Windows replaces older msvcrt.dll (2003 or 2005), Plese try to "move WFP Folder" Option or disable WFP.

msvcrt.png

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/2018050.html

dnsrslvr.dll

Updated version of dnsrslvr.dll by microsoft:

Windows2000-KB920683-x86 dnsrslvr.dll 5.0.2195.7102

Windows2000-KB951748-V2-x86 dnsrslvr.dll 5.0.2195.7280

https://twilczynski.com/windows/updates/#list2000

I'm getting random crashes in Windows Explorer with v31 and v31a, it happens upon traversal of two directories, when it crashes to an error explorer.exe has generated errors. Not sure it someone else also gets this, this was installed on a clean HFSLIPped Win2k installation.

21 hours ago, systremor said:

I'm getting random crashes in Windows Explorer with v31 and v31a, it happens upon traversal of two directories, when it crashes to an error explorer.exe has generated errors. Not sure it someone else also gets this, this was installed on a clean HFSLIPped Win2k installation.

I think the cause of this problem is clean HFSLIPped Win2k installation, so reinstall Windows 2000 , search the W2K-2011.iso and download and install it .

Edited by windows2

On 3/2/2022 at 5:52 PM, windows2 said:

I think the cause of this problem is clean HFSLIPped Win2k installation, so reinstall Windows 2000 , search the W2K-2011.iso and download and install it .

What's really weird about this is that it works great on VMware with both HFSLIP and 2011 ISOs, but not on my Pentium III. This behavior started with v3.0i and is persistent until v3.1a.

5 minutes ago, systremor said:

What's really weird about this is that it works great on VMware with both HFSLIP and 2011 ISOs, but not on my Pentium III. This behavior started with v3.0i and is persistent until v3.1a.

Ah, I understood, I did not know that your computer is Pentium 3. Yes, the Pentium 3 is difficult to run many new functions due to a weak processor.

1 hour ago, windows2 said:

Ah, I understood, I did not know that your computer is Pentium 3. Yes, the Pentium 3 is difficult to run many new functions due to a weak processor.

Okay, so setting MSVCRT to XP Compatible (NT5) allowed it to fully work, which means that somehow msvcrt is broken on non-SSE2 CPU from v3.0i upwards

• 4 weeks later...

After installing Windows 2000 Extended Kernel v3.1aM on an English version of Windows 2000 Professional SP4, all installers created with NSIS (for example, VLC Media Player 1.1.11, AIMP 2.61.583 and AutoIt 3.3.8.1 installers) crash immediately after going to the license agreement page. This bug is caused by the updated riched20.dll library, which is part of the Extended Kernel. If restore the original riched20.dll file in the C:\WINNT\system32 folder from the original Windows 2000 SP4 ISO image, then the installers on NSIS do not crash.
Dear blackwingcat, are you going to fix this bug on NSIS installers in the future version of Windows 2000 Extended Kernel?

On 4/2/2022 at 2:44 AM, piotrhn said:

@blackwingcat

BTRFS driver v1.8 https://github.com/maharmstone/btrfs/releases

Please add to NTOSKRNL.EXE ->PsGetThreadProcess

It ueses previously added apis: RtlGetVersion, RtlRandomEx, InterlockedPopEntrySlist, InterlockedPushEntrySlist, RtlSetBit

w2k_btrfs18.png

Do you have IE9-11 on W2k? Or it's a fake modded IE6?

• 1 month later...