KernelEx for Win2000

3 minutes ago, Nandor said:

Hi Guys

I have Windows 2000 with extended kernel installed on my acer veriton n260g thanks to blackwingcat i found a driver for the sata ich9 the only problem the Realtek Audio Driver which dont make any sound the yellow exclamation mark is next to the Microsoft UAA Bus driver as well.

Anyone had experience with this blessed integrated realtek audio?The only thing i can think that maybe i should had installed the audio driver before the extended kernel and maybe that would made it work?

What you guys think?

AFAIK Acer Veriton N260G uses ALC662 chip, which should have native Windows 2000 drivers. Try these.

Also try installing Extended Core v16e, it should let you install some XP drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/18/2021 at 5:16 PM, jaclaz said:

WHICH software/driver?

Afaik it does exist logitech drivers version 13.51.823.0 that should be Windows 2000 compatible (even if listed as XP and later).

https://webcamtests.com/drivers/logitech/logitech-all_13.51.823.0-camera-driver-for-windows-xp-vista-7-8-8.1-10-x86

The above is a "plain" .zip, no installer, no idea if it will work for you.

There is also an earlier version:

https://webcamtests.com/drivers/logitech/logitech-all_13.1.1021.0-camera-driver-for-windows-xp-vista-7-8-8.1-10-x86

jaclaz

Thanks for that. I tried both versions but didn't work. I installed the INF and it shows up in Device Manager but has an asterisk, and camera application doesn't recognize. I tried recording audio using the webcam microphone and that ends up in a blue screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone knows is there any way to get working Intel SpeedStep Technology in Windows 2000 with Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 CPU (Dell Latitude D630)?

Might be there's a some way with Extended Kernel?

I'm already tried official drivers from Dell website, but non of these worked.

Yes, I know that it can be disabled in BIOS. But my CPU still runs with temperature around 44-45 C while idling (with enabled SpeedStep it runs at 70 C). For example under Windows XP that supports SpeedStep Technology, the same CPU idling with temperature around 34-35 C so laptop fan stops as it should be.

Edited by Andreasmir

43 minutes ago, Andreasmir said:

Does anyone knows is there any way to get working Intel SpeedStep Technology in Windows 2000 with Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 CPU (Dell Latitude D630)?

Might be there's a some way with Extended Kernel?

I'm already tried official drivers from Dell website, but non of these worked.

Yes, I know that it can be disabled in BIOS. But my CPU still runs with temperature around 44-45 C while idling (with enabled SpeedStep it runs at 70 C). For example under Windows XP that supports SpeedStep Technology, the same CPU idling with temperature around 34-35 C so laptop fan stops as it should be.

It’s not speedstep but have you installed the 2k dual core registry fix? That may be causing part of the hotter temperature. My D630 runs fairly cool with the fix but I think my CPU is a T8 something or other

48 minutes ago, ojt_1998 said:

It’s not speedstep but have you installed the 2k dual core registry fix? That may be causing part of the hotter temperature. My D630 runs fairly cool with the fix but I think my CPU is a T8 something or other

Yes, I have it installed, but it doesn't help. Did you have a SpeedStep enabled or disabled in your D630 BIOS?

• 1 month later...

If I boot up after installing, Windows tells you that a .dll file related to .NET 4.0 is missing.

Is this supposed to go with your .NET 4.0 backport, or if it's just a leftover from the external installer that I'm using?

Edited by lan vuhoang

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I hope not either. I'm actually trying to install Windows 2000 to a Dell Latitude E6530, but am having issues on part two of setup (the part where you need to use the mouse and keyboard) due to nothing, not even the built-in touchpad mouse and keyboard not working. Rather than hijack this thread, you can learn more about my problem in the thread I linked to below. Hopefully someone has a solution.

• 3 months later...
On 9/26/2021 at 7:00 PM, Jakob99 said:

I hope not either. I'm actually trying to install Windows 2000 to a Dell Latitude E6530, but am having issues on part two of setup (the part where you need to use the mouse and keyboard) due to nothing, not even the built-in touchpad mouse and keyboard not working. Rather than hijack this thread, you can learn more about my problem in the thread I linked to below. Hopefully someone has a solution.

KERNEL Extend Project for Win2000 v3.0i (January 2022) has been released.

PS.

What is the correct way to update my version of Extended Kernel for Win2k? Should I uninstall old version at first then reboot, or just install the new version over the old one?

6 hours ago, Andreasmir said:

What is the correct way to update my version of Extended Kernel for Win2k? Should I uninstall old version at first then reboot, or just install the new version over the old one?

For updating Extended Kernel, I rely on the first way, which is: uninstall old version first, then reboot. When I tried the second way, which is: install the new version over the old one, it left me with both old and new versions (v3.0h2 and v3.0i, in this case).

So, I would say use the first way.

On 1/16/2022 at 9:23 AM, Andreasmir said:

KERNEL Extend Project for Win2000 v3.0i (January 2022) has been released.

PS.

Cool! Will have to try this. Haven't been on the 2000 side of the multi-boot in a while and have been in 7 for the past couple of weeks.

3 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

Cool! Will have to try this. Haven't been on the 2000 side of the multi-boot in a while and have been in 7 for the past couple of weeks.

You should also try the latest WLUpdator, it became better since v1.4a. :)

Here are the changelogs of versions between v1.5a and v1.4: v1.4av1.5

I have a problem after installing the latest v3.0i version on my Win2000 laptop.

When I try to run Atheros Client Utility (WiFi networks Manager) it shows an error:

"The procedure entry point __CxxFrameHandler3 could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

I already tried to reinstall Extended Kernel. I did the clean installation, uninstalled the old version, rebooted, then installed 3.0i. Same error, can't get ACU working.

Everything was fine with version of Extended Kernel v.3.0f.

Is there any solution?

Untitled.jpg

5 hours ago, Andreasmir said:

I have a problem after installing the latest v3.0i version on my Win2000 laptop.

When I try to run Atheros Client Utility (WiFi networks Manager) it shows an error:

"The procedure entry point __CxxFrameHandler3 could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

I already tried to reinstall Extended Kernel. I did the clean installation, uninstalled the old version, rebooted, then installed 3.0i. Same error, can't get ACU working.

Everything was fine with version of Extended Kernel v.3.0f.

Is there any solution?

Untitled.jpg

replace the msvcrt.dll by the v3.0f msvcrt.dll