KernelEx for Win2000

On 12/27/2020 at 6:45 PM, jds said:

OK, thanks to blackwingcat's VC++2012 runtime (and extended kernel and NNN4NT5), I was able to get Avast 9.0.2013 both installed and "running". Unfortunately, some of Avast's "shields" could not be enabled, so actual protection was lacking.

So I then tried other versions of Avast 9.0 that I could find, but all I could now get was the error "The installer is unable to initialize early avast! self-defence with error 0x0000007f! Aborting!". Even trying to re-install the previous version 9.0.2013 gives this error message! Some research on this error (albeit with different hexidecimal codes) suggested the avast utility "avastclear" could resolve this issue, but so far, no success trying several versions of this utility (some run OK and say that uninstallation was successful, but the same error persists when trying to install Avast 9.0.xxxx).

Joe.

Well, the only progress over these weeks has been with regards the "The installer is unable to initialize early avast! self-defence with error 0x0000007f! Aborting!" error. If I re-install the earlier 8.0.1497 version, I am able to "install" most 9.0.xxxx versions over this (with the help of NNN4NT5) without errors. However, the "shields" are down and actual protection is lacking (the Avast service, I think it's also called).

Joe.

On 1/29/2021 at 10:55 AM, WinFX said:

Does firefox 54+ work in 2000? For some reason I get an XPCOM error.

Roytam does have a post-deprecated Serpent/moebius for XP that is based on Firefox 55. For me it works great in 2000 with kernelex installed.

The latest release is here on the bottom:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/180462-my-browser-builds-part-2/page/171/

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 8:03 AM, blackwingcat said:

Please update SHRestricted  in shell32,  you only renamed ordinal. but its incomplete. CHECK WinME there's misssing args to upgrade webvw.dll from early whistler XP build & get CATEGORIZED CONTROL PANEL

WebViewBarricade: ShowWebViewBarricade

I tried change script HTT in webvw and replace ShowWebViewBarricade but it returns ERROR NOT FOUND in SHELL32. In 2k we have only HaveToShowWebViewBarricade  webvw->shell32

Edited by piotrhn

On 1/9/2021 at 8:03 AM, blackwingcat said:

Is your SetSHF.exe version  1.0.2.5 ? :3

Hi.

I tried to run game named GOTHIC on 2k with KERNELEX installed, but there is error when try run. Can you test and confirm?

It works on XP SP3 and VirtualBox 6.1.18

gothicwin2000error.png

• 3 weeks later...

I have an Acer Aspire E1-531 with Sandy Bridge and Intel Pentium B960 CPU. I have installed Windows 2000 to it, but USB 2.0 is not working, forcing me to have to go into Linux just to copy something over (and I had to do this once to delete USBhub20.sys). How do I get USB 2.0 working?

Does anyone know how I fully update Windows 2000 now that Windows Update is dead for it? Want to install the 2000 Extended Kernel, but need to update the machine first. Thanks in advanced for your help!

7 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

Does anyone know how I fully update Windows 2000 now that Windows Update is dead for it? Want to install the 2000 Extended Kernel, but need to update the machine first. Thanks in advanced for your help!

@i430VX posted a very handy video which may help you out here 

8 hours ago, ojt_1998 said:

@i430VX posted a very handy video which may help you out here 

Thanks for this! Only problem is I don't have a valid Ethernet or Wireless driver yet as this is on real hardware, an Acer Aspire E1-531 with Sandy Bridge and Intel Pentium B960 to be exact. I'm gonna look and see if I can find either an Ethernet or Wireless driver, but I am open to your guys help too! I have Broadcom Ethernet and Atheros AR5B125 Wireless (which I can couple with Boingo Wireless Connection Manager). USB 2.0 is presently broken (due to a bug that 2000 has with USB 2.0 on hardware such as Sandy Bridge) so a wireless adapter is out of the question unless someone can help me get that working.

Fair enough that could be an issue... 

I do have a folder full of 2K updates which I saved with WSUS offline so if worst comes to worse I could put them on a file share for you. I believe on the internet archive people have saved all the updates though too so that might be easier access so you could download and burn to a disc if your laptop has a reader?

Failing that you’d probably need to go down the slipstreaming route for your installer

2 hours ago, ojt_1998 said:

Fair enough that could be an issue... 

I do have a folder full of 2K updates which I saved with WSUS offline so if worst comes to worse I could put them on a file share for you. I believe on the internet archive people have saved all the updates though too so that might be easier access so you could download and burn to a disc if your laptop has a reader?

Failing that you’d probably need to go down the slipstreaming route for your installer

Are they all the updates released from SP4's release to the OS' end of life in 2010? If so, please do share! I need this machine fully up to date before I can install the Extended Kernel/Core, after which I will try to use the Sandy Bridge XP drivers on this. I will keep searching for a wireless/ethernet driver. If I find one that works, I'll let you know.

Edited by Jakob99

Got Windows 2000 updated as well as Extended Kernel and Core installed. Only problem is I can't seem to get Intel Graphics for the Sandy Bridge processor to work. Anyone here know of a solution?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the triple post, but does anyone have a Windows 2000 driver for this: nVidia Quadro FX370M, Quadro NVS 160M, Quadro NVS160M, Quadro FX 770M, v.6.14.11.7607, A01. This one supports XP, but it does not work with 2000 and I can't seem to fine one that works with 2000. Thanks in advanced for your guys' help.

Hello. I have a Logitech C270 webcam that I want to use on W2k. The system requirement of the software/driver is Win XP, and the installer tells me it's not compatible. Does anyone know how to get it to work on 2000? Thanks.

23 hours ago, oludu33 said:

Hello. I have a Logitech C270 webcam that I want to use on W2k. The system requirement of the software/driver is Win XP, and the installer tells me it's not compatible. Does anyone know how to get it to work on 2000? Thanks.

WHICH software/driver?

Afaik it does exist logitech drivers version 13.51.823.0 that should be Windows 2000 compatible (even if listed as XP and later).

https://webcamtests.com/drivers/logitech/logitech-all_13.51.823.0-camera-driver-for-windows-xp-vista-7-8-8.1-10-x86

The above is a "plain" .zip, no installer, no idea if it will work for you.

There is also an earlier version:

https://webcamtests.com/drivers/logitech/logitech-all_13.1.1021.0-camera-driver-for-windows-xp-vista-7-8-8.1-10-x86

jaclaz

Hi Guys

I have Windows 2000 with extended kernel installed on my acer veriton n260g thanks to blackwingcat i found a driver for the sata ich9 the only problem the Realtek Audio Driver which dont make any sound the yellow exclamation mark is next to the Microsoft UAA Bus driver as well.

Anyone had experience with this blessed integrated realtek audio?The only thing i can think that maybe i should had installed the audio driver before the extended kernel and maybe that would made it work?

What you guys think?