KernelEx for Win2000

On 9/4/2020 at 5:55 PM, Andreasmir said:

Hi. I trying to setup Remote Desktop 7.0 on Windows 2000 with Extended Kernel, I installed RDP 5.2 from my Windows XP disc, then I installed your RDP update from WLU. But when I try to run RDP, I getting an error message that mstsc.exe.mui couldn't find in System 32 and then message about some error with Activex.

Which package did you use ? :3

On 9/28/2020 at 2:32 AM, blackwingcat said:

Which package did you use ? :3

I'm having the same issue too with the latest package from legacy update. Tried the older 2015 version and it is bringing the same error. The original XP version works no issue?

On 9/29/2020 at 6:59 PM, ojt_1998 said:

I'm having the same issue too with the latest package from legacy update. Tried the older 2015 version and it is bringing the same error. The original XP version works no issue?

I released RDP7.0 for Win2000 some packeges.

I think you used lastest package, Windows2000-KB969084-v4-x86-int.wlu

7 minutes ago, blackwingcat said:

I released RDP7.0 for Win2000 some packeges.

I think you used lastest package, Windows2000-KB969084-v4-x86-int.wlu

Yes that’s the one I used. Initially I installed it without having any client installed and received the error so removed and started with the XP version and then installed that over the top. I checked the registry entries for where the language was pointing and the files exist. Googling brings up others who have had the error but obviously on newer oses so not sure if it’s maybe an issue in one of the dll’s and how it links? I don’t want to complain though as I’m truly grateful for all you do for the Win 2K community and the software that now runs thanks to you :)

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have the latest English version of extended core? I need to install some XP only drivers and believe this can help with that. The legacy update site is only showing the Japanese version

8 hours ago, ojt_1998 said:

Does anyone have the latest English version of extended core? I need to install some XP only drivers and believe this can help with that. The legacy update site is only showing the Japanese version

Here is Extended Core v16a repacked with SFXCAB.

Hi. Please help. I'm completely locked out of my Win2k installation after installing KernelEx.

I installed the necessary stuff: Win Installer 3.1 Redis. (v2), .NET Framework 1.1 & 2.0 SP2, Visual C++ 2005 SP1 & 2008, KB842773, Update Rollup 1, Update Agent 3.0.

However launching rootsupd_fe44934fd80dd11fec2f0f9b24431658a4f6d589 did nothing. I then opened the Windows Update page on IE6 but the website gave an error.

After this I assumed I need KernelEx first so I installed it (V30e) but after reboot the system takes long to start up, and when finally trying to log in it says The system cannot log you on now because the domain [my computer name] is not available. Even in Safe Mode! So I can't use Win2k at all! What should I do now?

You should have installed KB2817183 and KB951748 before the extended kernel.

2 hours ago, oludu33 said:

I installed the necessary stuff: Win Installer 3.1 Redis. (v2), .NET Framework 1.1 & 2.0 SP2, Visual C++ 2005 SP1 & 2008, KB842773, Update Rollup 1, Update Agent 3.0.

2 hours ago, win32 said:

You should have installed KB2817183 and KB951748 before the extended kernel.

Ok thanks. What can I possibly do now if I'm unable to log in? I could just uninstall Extended Kernel but even that seems impossible because Safe Mode doesn't let me in either.

2 hours ago, oludu33 said:

Ok thanks. What can I possibly do now if I'm unable to log in? I could just uninstall Extended Kernel but even that seems impossible because Safe Mode doesn't let me in either.

You could connect the drive to another computer, extract the updated files from KB2817183 and KB951748, and replace the old files on the drive with the new ones.

35 minutes ago, Ximonite said:

You could connect the drive to another computer, extract the updated files from KB2817183 and KB951748, and replace the old files on the drive with the new ones.

Good idea. But how can I know what those KB updates exactly on the system?