KernelEx for Win2000

• 3 weeks later...

@blackwingcat

I tried to get "zoom cloud meetings" working on w2k exkernel. There is a file for XP32: ZoomInstallerXP.exe

It installs on exkernel w2k, but will crash. Missing depends: only mpr.dll (often) and

I_RpcBindingInqLocalClientPid in rpcrt4.dll from AIRHOST.EXE and CPTHOST.EXE.

AIRHOST.EXE will need mdnsclient,dll, swscale-2.dll and wlanapi.dll from XP, too.

I need it, because work is shut down in Europe and only virtual business is allowed. Can you have a look on it?

https://zoom.us

I will also send you the ZoomInstallerXP.exe by email.

Greetings Joe

@blackwingcat

update for zoom cloud meetings: version 3.5.53922.620 is the latest version which will work with w2k exkernel. But it misses a lot of functions compared to the actual version 4.6.18176.301. So, could you please please have a look on it?

Greetings Joe

It seems there's currently no way to obtain the latest version of extended kernel with german language support/or get the latest version of it in general? I don't mind installing the enu version (if it even works). The legacy update site doesn't show any updates (maybe because of language mismatch

Edited by GTAGAME

If you want Kernel EX on dutch Windows 2000 I recomend you to install Windows 2000 in English. Before this you can add Multi language pack. If you search in google you will find an internet archive linck.

23 hours ago, Sergiaws said:

If you want Kernel EX on dutch Windows 2000 I recomend you to install Windows 2000 in English. Before this you can add Multi language pack. If you search in google you will find an internet archive linck.

Yeah i ended up installing Windows 2000 in english first and installing the german language pack afterwards. Dutch is also a great language but unfortunately i can't understand it fully haha :D

Just tried Pale Moon and wow, it works amazingly well. Now i need to find a better motherboard/cpu that is a bit more modern. My current Single Core P4 W200 PC doesn't really enjoy the modern internet that much :D

Edited by GTAGAME

1 hour ago, hokarikanae said:

i tried to download those update from WLU site, but i get the http error 403

This is the new WLU site:

http://win2k.org/wlu/wluen.htm

Unfortunately many files, including the extended kernels and cores, are presently missing. I think he is focusing on this now:

About .WLU File
The updater created independently with Windows Legacy Update created the installer with Windows genuine IEXPRESS Packer.
However, since this program makes it easy to create installers, malware using this Packer has rapidly increased since around 2008, and since 2014 it has been often classified as malware by security software. b

Windows Legacy Updator
Therefore, we have prepared a unique installer program and created a mechanism that makes it easy to install using a program with the .WLU extension associated with it.
This not only dramatically reduces the number of false positives by security software, but also avoids the risk of the site itself being blocked as a site that distributes malware.
Since the WLU file itself is just a CAB file, security software can detect if it contains a really suspicious file.
See here for the latest WLUpdator and updated information.

I'd mirror the latest extended kernel and core but I'm not sure if BWC would approve.

50 minutes ago, win32 said:

This is the new WLU site:

http://win2k.org/wlu/wluen.htm

Unfortunately many files, including the extended kernels and cores, are presently missing. I think he is focusing on this now:

I'd mirror the latest extended kernel and core but I'm not sure if BWC would approve.

if you can upload those files it would be the best since i could install those cores to test pale moon 28 on my retro machine