KernelEx for Win2000

Need some help pls. I have very strange bug. When i'm trying to install ANY update, official or updates from w2k.flxsrv.org, ENU or any other language, i'm always getting message: "The version of Windows you have installed does not match the update you are trying to install."

I have installed:

Extended Kernel 29b

VC 2010-2017

NET. Framework 3.5

11 hours ago, roytam1 said:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30629

just don't know if it contains win2000-applicable patch or not.

This one does not. I found an Internet Explorer 6 update rollup on Microsoft's website, but the download link is broken and the wayback machine (archive.org) doesn't have an archived download of it.

5 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

This one does not. I found an Internet Explorer 6 update rollup on Microsoft's website, but the download link is broken and the wayback machine (archive.org) doesn't have an archived download of it.

I gave you links in the other thread you made why keep asking.

On 1/3/2019 at 3:53 AM, Jakob99 said:

Windows-KB913086-201304.iso has IE6.0SP1-KB2817183-WINDOWS2000-X86-xxx.EXE (MS13-028)

• 3 weeks later...

Still no luck. ROOT\MS_PSCHEDMP is not an issue: it comes up when you add QoS to any of the network adapter. The issue is: what is preventing Windows 2000 to load the network driver? Anyone with debugging capabilities? The driver is for Windows XP but Dependency Walker found no issues (only apphelp.dll missing warning on the coInstaller DLL).

• 4 weeks later...

@blackwingcat

So curiosity is killing the cat here. How come hasn't there been any English releases of KernelEx released in quite some time? I keep checking your blog and you have a few newer versions but they're in Japanese. Are those ones just minor updates and don't really add anything new to the table that we don't already have with version 29b?

Hi.

Now  2.9f and 2.9g (perlhaps test version 2.9h, too) have critical problems. 

* Certain security softwares collide with extended kernel. (It is  almost  resolved)

* Chromium and Firefox based web browser will freeze.

Regrettably I don't release English version untill fixed them. 

You may believe that Japanese only version is Beta Test :3

It may be released in March. 

You know  the following  article comes for correction problem reasons

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1979072.html

Edited by blackwingcat

• 2 weeks later...

The riched20.dll included in the v2.9bG English package is corrupted. It breaks WordPad and Windows Installers (with error code 2894).

The remedy is to transplant an older version from my USP 5.1 installation media (dated November 2006; not sure which version).

Then the extended kernel works great. The latest version of WPS Office, as well as PotPlayer v1.7.16291 (a later beta version was less stable) are functioning without issue.

Keep fighting the good fight!

On 3/9/2019 at 1:35 AM, win32 said:

The riched20.dll included in the v2.9bG English package is corrupted. It breaks WordPad and Windows Installers (with error code 2894).

The remedy is to transplant an older version from my USP 5.1 installation media (dated November 2006; not sure which version).

Just for the record, the riched20.dll included in the USP 5.1 is old. The newest official version of this file is riched20.dll 5.30.23.1231 from KB953024.

On 3/9/2019 at 1:35 AM, win32 said:

Then the extended kernel works great. The latest version of WPS Office, as well as PotPlayer v1.7.16291 (a later beta version was less stable) are functioning without issue.

Keep fighting the good fight!

I released v2.9h5 for English 

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1979961.html