KernelEx for Win2000

@blackwingcat

Hi.

As I wrote before, WMP11 will fully work with windows 2000 exkernel, if wmp.dll in sysdir is wrapped with comctlXP.dll. It will show tags correctly and also allow to edit them.

Now I tried to install WMPTagPlus2.9, because I have many .flac music files. It was tricky to install, but at least I suceeded. WMPTagPlus will copy a hook file, which is also named wmp.dll 1.15.0.0, BM-productions, into programdir\windows media player. It does not contain a call to comctl32, so it cannot be wrapped with comctlXP. So, the tagging gets broken again like before wrapping wmp.dll in system32.

I upload this file for your investigation. Perhaps you can easily tell how to go on.

wmp.dll

Edited by JosefReisinger

• 4 months later...

On 6/7/2018 at 4:46 PM, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Could somebody direct me to the required updates for W2K? I can't find the IE6 update that is required!

You can get blackwingcat's updates by month here:

http://w2k.flxsrv.org/wlu/wlu.htm

And the latest kernelex versions:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1299806.html

Where people are seeing new IE6 updates I don't know, the last one I recall was in 2014 or 2015 but then that browser lost its usefulness 10 years ago. Still, if there is a more recent update please post a link if anyone has it. 

20 minutes ago, DanR20 said:

You can get blackwingcat's updates by month here:

http://w2k.flxsrv.org/wlu/wlu.htm

And the latest kernelex versions:

Where people are seeing new IE6 updates I don't know, the last one I recall was in 2014 or 2015 but then that browser lost its usefulness 10 years ago. Still, if there is a more recent update please post a link if anyone has it. 

I already have the Kernel32, I need a IE6 Security Update because the thing won't let me install the Kernel32 otherwise...

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

From that other link provided you can find blackwingcat's posted IE updates. Click on the Legacy Windows Catalog link to find the year and month. The last one as I recall was in 2014 or 2015 and that is good enough to install the kernelex. You may have to use IE to download anything since I've had trouble with 52esr Firefox.

A few days ago there were posts (now apparently deleted) that said there's an even more recent IE update but I don't know where that is and in any case it isn't needed to install kernelex.

Update: the last IE6 cumulative patch for W2k was in April of 2013, kb2817183. That can still be downloaded from the link above and should be good enough to install kernelex.

Edited by DanR20

• 1 month later...
On 7/10/2018 at 12:13 AM, Andreasmir said:

Can't run latest ICQ 10 in Win2k. When I try to run ICQ 8.3, it works fine, but I can't disable auto-update.

Please use fcwin2k.exe(blackwingcat), and set compatiiblity to WinXP SP3 or higher and ICQ v10.1.2.3.4.1 works ok on Win2000;).

blackwingcat:  Can you add fcwin2k to your package to default install??

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, someguy25 said:

The download site for KernelEx for Win2k

Ah! So it's not our site at all! Why don't you PM @tomasz86 or @blackwingcat, instead of posting? It may take some time, but sure shall give you better results. I'd help you myself, but I fear in this case I'm unable to, except by the advice I've just given you. Good luck! 

Then again, perhaps my google-fu still works somewhat:

On 11/1/2018 at 5:11 PM, ND22 said:

Do You know where i can download the latest version of kernel ex for windows 2000? I am having trouble locating the files on blackwingcat site because it's all Japanese!! :D

On 11/6/2018 at 12:42 PM, tomasz86 said:

The site is indeed all Japanese, but the filenames are not ;).
As of today, you will need

Windows2000-KB935839-v29bG-x86-ENU.EXE
Windows2000-KB979683-v16a-x86-ENU.exe

:angel

9 minutes ago, dencorso said:

Ah! So it's not our site at all! Why don't you PM @tomasz86 or @blackwingcat, instead of posting? It may take some time, but sure shall give you better results. I'd help you myself, but I fear in this case I'm unable to, except by the advice I've just given you. Good luck! 

Ok,so i tried PM @blackwingcat but it says "The user cannot receive messages".That means time to see if im able to PM @tomasz86!

Edit: Never mind didnt see the other post lol =P

Edited by someguy25