KernelEx for Win2000

Just now, Damnation said:

not using XP @Dibya?

It's not my pc rather of my elder sister. 

My laptop is showing some hardware issue related to battery. 

I am travelling so all he'll . I have to compromise with hell 7 it's so slow even on i5 and 6gb ram. My c2d with 3gb ram performed better than this bloody os. Install is fresh I do not know what will happen if it bloat down after year . God give me enough speed to work with vs2005

Edited by Dibya

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I installed 2.8g on a SP4 + Update Rollup 1 machine, but afterwards my computer could not login. (Domain was Unavailable).

I'm going to reformat and try again here soon, but I was wondering if maybe there was an updated list explaining the differences of the different KernelEx.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2017 at 11:58 AM, eksu said:

Hello,

I installed 2.8g on a SP4 + Update Rollup 1 machine, but afterwards my computer could not login. (Domain was Unavailable).

I'm going to reformat and try again here soon, but I was wondering if maybe there was an updated list explaining the differences of the different KernelEx.

Thanks.

Hi.

The reason came out recent :3 (cause of oleaut32.dll)

I fixed it on v2.9bG

English version v2.9bG was released.

note: 16th Aug 8:40(GMT)  2.9b was also released.

Edited by blackwingcat
note

Hi blackwingcat, glad to see this project is still alive with the release of v2.9bG.

It's not that important since Firefox 57 is a pos that I probably won't be using if the latest nightly ends up as release (I'll be sticking with 52esr) but I'm getting this error now with the 2.9bG:

"The procedure entry point SleepConditionVariableCS could not be located in the dynamic link library Kernel32dll."

Another call function in Vista or higher. Is it already supported or something else that would need to be added?

4 hours ago, DanR20 said:

Hi blackwingcat, glad to see this project is still alive with the release of v2.9bG.

It's not that important since Firefox 57 is a pos that I probably won't be using if the latest nightly ends up as release (I'll be sticking with 52esr) but I'm getting this error now with the 2.9bG:

"The procedure entry point SleepConditionVariableCS could not be located in the dynamic link library Kernel32dll."

Another call function in Vista or higher. Is it already supported or something else that would need to be added?

Hi.

I think that you can resolve it with extended kernel install options.

Did you install with  check "excluded Conditionvariable functions" ?

# Firefox 54 and later crashes other reason, it accesses fs:[2ch] directly, Windows 2003 and earlier OS set Null Pointer .

Edited by blackwingcat

7 hours ago, blackwingcat said:

Hi.

I think that you can resolve it with extended kernel install options.

Did you install with  check "excluded Conditionvariable functions" ?

# Firefox 54 and later crashes other reason, it accesses fs:[2ch] directly, Windows 2003 and earlier OS set Null Pointer .

I am working on the tls fix for ff54. Can we unite our efforts? 

Do you know which  functions to be modified?  Tlsalloc or library loader

Edited by Dibya

@blackwingcat Can you figure out what is stopping this application from running?

https://www.fitbit.com/setup?platform=winxp

It installs just fine with no errors, but running it is a different story. It says the instruction at "0x5ab7d465" reference memory at "0x01cdfffc" The memory could not be read. I bought some Fitbits today that I would like to sync up to my computer and I really hate the thought of having to pull out my laptop just to make this happen. I'm running your latest kernel extension as well.

On 2017/8/17 at 8:26 PM, Dibya said:

I am working on the tls fix for ff54. Can we unite our efforts? 

Do you know which  functions to be modified?  Tlsalloc or library loader

I think it is easier than support on Ex Kernel that Firefox 54 re-complie with XPLib option.

2 minutes ago, blackwingcat said:

I think it is easier than support on Ex Kernel that Firefox 54 re-complie with XPLib option.

I am trying that . Implimenting all missing all function in xul . 

On 2017/8/20 at 11:59 AM, Tommy said:

@blackwingcat Can you figure out what is stopping this application from running?

https://www.fitbit.com/setup?platform=winxp

It installs just fine with no errors, but running it is a different story. It says the instruction at "0x5ab7d465" reference memory at "0x01cdfffc" The memory could not be read. I bought some Fitbits today that I would like to sync up to my computer and I really hate the thought of having to pull out my laptop just to make this happen. I'm running your latest kernel extension as well.

It seems that you should access to

https://client.fitbit.com/tracker/client/outOfBand/login?p_lcl=en_US&enable_cooper=1&clientMode=PAIR

with IE component.

Do you know some proxy service with resolver SSL ?