KernelEx for Win2000

Hi! I'm trying to get Windows 2000 on an old laptop than was released in 2007, but neither Vista or XP run how they should, so I guess that Windows 2000 is my only option. I've got far (I mean that's how I consider it, thanks to the kernel extension, of course), managed to install latest Firefox for XP and VLC for XP, but one thing that I just can't get to work are .msi packages (my antivirus and java). Any help?

Edited by antoniu200

9 hours ago, Dibya said:

Firefox 53 is crashing anyone has any fix

You should try putting it trough the AppComp.cmd file and run it like that. If that doesn't work, you should try and install an older version of Firefox (maybe 49).

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/05/2017 at 9:17 AM, antoniu200 said:

You should try putting it trough the AppComp.cmd file and run it like that. If that doesn't work, you should try and install an older version of Firefox (maybe 49).

It is better to stay with pale moon under my vm

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2017 at 8:17 AM, antoniu200 said:

Not sure about KernekEx, but using BWC's Extended Core, I can run the latest Firefox ESR on 2000 perfectly. At one point (with an older version of Extended Core), bookmarking didn't work, but that seems to have been fixed in the most recent update (I'll have to test more thoroughly, but the stock bookmarks do show up now, and they didn't before, sooo...)

c

On 2017/5/25 at 11:26 PM, cc333 said:

Not sure about KernekEx, but using BWC's Extended Core, I can run the latest Firefox ESR on 2000 perfectly. At one point (with an older version of Extended Core), bookmarking didn't work, but that seems to have been fixed in the most recent update (I'll have to test more thoroughly, but the stock bookmarks do show up now, and they didn't before, sooo...)

c

Hi.

How about problem does it have ?

I can not find bookmark problem on My environment  with firefox 52.1.1.

Edited by blackwingcat

• 3 weeks later...

BWC, thanks for the new direct link on your blog to Windows Update. I could not find anything on Google about the change in the URL and for posready 2009 I was getting a redirect to "your browser is not supported" message. Be nice if Microsoft would provide some info regarding this OS, or maybe they have and I just couldn't find it.

15 hours ago, roytam1 said:

BWC's Kernel Ex v2.9/v2.9G is released, Japanese version only at the moment BTW.

My 2000 installation is japanese so no problem but in main page no download link for v 2.9 

On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 6:55 PM, blackwingcat said:

Hi.

How about problem does it have ?

@blackwingcat

Blackwingcat did you create or found a working SATA AHCI driver to install Windows 2000 using F6?  My Z170 has no IDE controller and no SATA IDE mode for legacy install.

Also any new news or update on getting Intel USB 3.0 xHCI to work on Windows 2000 without 3rd party add in PCIe card?

Edited by 98SE

1 hour ago, 98SE said:

@blackwingcat

Blackwingcat did you create or found a working SATA AHCI driver to install Windows 2000 using F6?  My Z170 has no IDE controller and no SATA IDE mode for legacy install.

Also any new news or update on getting Intel USB 3.0 xHCI to work on Windows 2000 without 3rd party add in PCIe card?

get it from fernandos webpage the winraid one,its a txtmode driver so it could work or not work since windows 2000 doesnt fully support txtmode drivers.