KernelEx for Win2000

@blackwingcat

Did you research EXKDXCNF with d3d9.dll and kmeleon browser d3d11 yet?

Another question: I have nvidia driver 347.88 installed. Nvidia Settings from this driver work with taskbar utility after doing some registry tweaks. But I cannot get nvcplui.exe 8.1.800 working. Orininal driver shows error without message. I tried to use comctlXP.dll, then it will load but exit after a few seconds without error message. Also, nvcplui.exe 7.6.750 (patched) will show same. Nvapi.dll is new dependency for nvcplui.exe v347.88 not present in v335.28 (I got control panel software from your homepage).

I also tried userXP.dll with nvcplui.exe 8.1.800. It will load, but then it wants function "GdiGetBitmapBitsSize" from gdi32.dll.

Could you have a look on the file? It comes from XP32 original driver 347.88 control panel software (NvCplSetupInt.exe, dated 13.03.2015)

Greetings Joe

I just discovered a problem with Firefox ESR 45.4.0 on Windows 2000 Extended Core: bookmarking doesn't work!

I am using "Plain Old Favorites" for now, but I wouldn't mind getting native bookmarking fixed.

c

On 2016/11/28 at 9:06 AM, JosefReisinger said:

@blackwingcat

Did you research EXKDXCNF with d3d9.dll and kmeleon browser d3d11 yet?

Another question: I have nvidia driver 347.88 installed. Nvidia Settings from this driver work with taskbar utility after doing some registry tweaks. But I cannot get nvcplui.exe 8.1.800 working. Orininal driver shows error without message. I tried to use comctlXP.dll, then it will load but exit after a few seconds without error message. Also, nvcplui.exe 7.6.750 (patched) will show same. Nvapi.dll is new dependency for nvcplui.exe v347.88 not present in v335.28 (I got control panel software from your homepage).

I also tried userXP.dll with nvcplui.exe 8.1.800. It will load, but then it wants function "GdiGetBitmapBitsSize" from gdi32.dll.

Could you have a look on the file? It comes from XP32 original driver 347.88 control panel software (NvCplSetupInt.exe, dated 13.03.2015)

Greetings Joe

Sorry I have not recognized the reason yet.

I released Kernel v2.8i / 2.8Gi and embedded GdiGetBitmapBitsSize on gdi32.dll, plz try it :3

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1940130.html

On 2016/12/2 at 8:18 AM, blackwingcat said:

Sorry I have not recognized the reason yet.

I released Kernel v2.8i / 2.8Gi and embedded GdiGetBitmapBitsSize on gdi32.dll, plz try it :3

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1940130.html

Thx!!!

I tried nvcplui.exe with Kernel v2.8i.

It seems to be more tricky.

Now, problem ntdll.dll: "RtlActivateActivationContextUnsafeFast" in ntdll.dll not found.

ntdll.dll is loaded from userXP.dll in this case. So I forced userXP.dll to use 2kdll.dll =>

dependency problem is gone (controlled with dependency walker).

But now: Application could not initiate (0xC0000005). Perhaps it needs more registry tricks.

I have to look into this deeper.

Greetings Joe

On 2016/12/3 at 7:44 PM, JosefReisinger said:

Now, problem ntdll.dll: "RtlActivateActivationContextUnsafeFast" in ntdll.dll not found.

ntdll.dll is loaded from userXP.dll in this case. So I forced userXP.dll to use 2kdll.dll =>

Why did you use KDW component ?

Extend kernel seems to load nvcplui.exe

1 hour ago, blackwingcat said:

Why did you use KDW component ?

Extend kernel seems to load nvcplui.exe

Yes, I found out yet :ph34r:

I had to add huge amounts of CLSID´s for DisplayServer.XXX.1, GameServer.xxx.1 and Video_TVServer.xxx.1 to registry.

Then, nvcplui.exe will load without userXP.dll. Also, userXP.dll is bad with nvcplui.exe. It prevents to load nvcpluir.dll, nvapi.dll... (0xC0000005).

But, nvcplui.exe without comctlXP.dll will cause nvcplui.exe-shell "flickering" on my system, also explorer in the background will start flickering.

With comctlXP it is quiet. There are a little scripting bugs left. Also, view will not update if I click around, so there is mismatch of views (see second picture in attachment).

Adjustments are working OK, as I can see so far. It is also possible to set resolution without problems :D

Greetings

nvidia.doc

Edited by JosefReisinger

• 2 weeks later...

@ blackwingcat

After nvcplui I wanted to get nview work with w2k. It refuses loading, although I added CLSIDs into registry. Did you try yet (I tried nview.dll and nvwdmcpl.dll v6.14.10.14160)?

Next I examined dx files because of bug in german environment. I found that d3d10_1.dll (pref base 71480000), d3d11.dll (pref base 65140000), nvoglnt.dll (from nvidia driver 6.14.13.4788, pref base 69500000) and msi.dll (pref base 7D1E0000) will not load there and are rebased by system without message. Do you consider it necessary to rebase them?

Greetings Joe

On 2016/12/19 at 5:05 AM, JosefReisinger said:

@ blackwingcat

After nvcplui I wanted to get nview work with w2k. It refuses loading, although I added CLSIDs into registry. Did you try yet (I tried nview.dll and nvwdmcpl.dll v6.14.10.14160)?

Next I examined dx files because of bug in german environment. I found that d3d10_1.dll (pref base 71480000), d3d11.dll (pref base 65140000), nvoglnt.dll (from nvidia driver 6.14.13.4788, pref base 69500000) and msi.dll (pref base 7D1E0000) will not load there and are rebased by system without message. Do you consider it necessary to rebase them?

Greetings Joe

Almost case, rebased is not problem Excepting kernel32 rebased.

Have you tried to execute regsvr32 to all dlls ? :3

17 hours ago, blackwingcat said:

Almost case, rebased is not problem Excepting kernel32 rebased.

Have you tried to execute regsvr32 to all dlls ? :3

I tried to execute regsvr32 to dx dll´s. I could not register one of them. Message: "XXX (file) was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of XXX may be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it."

Greetings Joe

7 hours ago, JosefReisinger said:

I tried to execute regsvr32 to dx dll´s. I could not register one of them. Message: "XXX (file) was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of XXX may be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it."

Greetings Joe

Is there no problem on English version ?

20 hours ago, blackwingcat said:

Is there no problem on English version ?

Sorry, I do not have english Version. I think bug with german Version is in wined3d, it references memory in 0x00000ff0, but there is nothing. Address of error is 0x64068577, and wind3d has base address 0x64040000.

Edited by JosefReisinger

On 2016/12/22 at 5:00 PM, JosefReisinger said:

Sorry, I do not have english Version. I think bug with german Version is in wined3d, it references memory in 0x00000ff0, but there is nothing. Address of error is 0x64068577, and wind3d has base address 0x64040000.

Will you send me all your nvidia binaries ?

Hi blackwingcat, had some major problems with the latest java. It installed it into a new folder called Jre6_131 instead of overwriting the previous version Jre6. It doesn't work either, I'm just getting a blank white screen. But even worse there was no way to uninstall it in order to use the older version. Fortunately I had a older registry backup so I'm on Java 121 again. Please let me know if you're experiencing any of this.

On 2016/12/26 at 1:05 AM, blackwingcat said:

Will you send me all your nvidia binaries ?

Hi.

Should I send you all of them?

Driver files I have from your webpage.

cpl and nview files are from original nvidia DEU XP32 driver 347.88. Should I send you these?

Greetings Joe