KernelEx for Win2000

On 2016年10月30日 at 2:08 AM, JosefReisinger said:

@blackwingcat

DXGI Error of K-meleon 76A is gone after renaming / deleting d3d11.dll from system32. It will load d3d9.dll instead. Now, same problem with black browser window when using v5.3.2195.5514.

Part of the problem could be that EXKDXCNF.exe does not work correctly with german w2k. Error message rplbfile and second error message "d3d9 cannot be written to" will pop up even when d3d9.dll is NOT used by browser or another process (I controlled with processexplorer). Problem with different bases or location? I simply copied content of dx folder from extracted exkernel kb into system32.

Greetings Joe

How to use the EXKDXCNF before run it terminate any d3d9.dll loaded processes.

You can find them with process explorer.

@blackwingcat

I apologize, but I controlled with process explorer: Find handle-dll -> d3d9.dll -> 0 matching items.

Then EXKDXCNF.exe -> dx9extension -> klick "enabled" -> Error "Fail to execute the process [rplbfile.exe]" -> OK -> Error "Fail to write D3D9.DLL Terminate these programs which access to it (...)". Changing registry version shows no error. I also tried after reboot.

I also did some experiments with changing registry version and k-meleon 76A / d3d11.dll. It does not matter which registry version is used. I can avoid error only if I rename or delete d3d11.dll.

@Dibya

I have Geforce GTX 960 with blackwingcats driver 347.88. It should be capable of opengl 2.0 and dx10, I think.

Edited by JosefReisinger

On 2016/10/30 at 2:08 AM, JosefReisinger said:

@blackwingcat

DXGI Error of K-meleon 76A is gone after renaming / deleting d3d11.dll from system32. It will load d3d9.dll instead. Now, same problem with black browser window when using v5.3.2195.5514.

Part of the problem could be that EXKDXCNF.exe does not work correctly with german w2k. Error message rplbfile and second error message "d3d9 cannot be written to" will pop up even when d3d9.dll is NOT used by browser or another process (I controlled with processexplorer). Problem with different bases or location? I simply copied content of dx folder from extracted exkernel kb into system32.

Greetings Joe

Will you attach k-meleon's dependency walker log ?

And I found a problem on your environment.

usbaudio.sys should be use 5.0.2195 , perhaps your USB Speaker would not output any sound.

> Part of the problem could be that EXKDXCNF.exe does not work correctly with german w2k. Error message rplbfile and second error message "d3d9 cannot be written to" will pop up even when d3d9.dll is NOT used by browser or another process (I controlled with processexplorer). Problem with different bases or location? I simply copied content of dx folder from extracted exkernel kb into system32.

Umm, really ? I research about it.

On 2016/11/7 at 0:45 AM, blackwingcat said:

Will you attach k-meleon's dependency walker log ?

And I found a problem on your environment.

usbaudio.sys should be use 5.0.2195 , perhaps your USB Speaker would not output any sound.

> Part of the problem could be that EXKDXCNF.exe does not work correctly with german w2k. Error message rplbfile and second error message "d3d9 cannot be written to" will pop up even when d3d9.dll is NOT used by browser or another process (I controlled with processexplorer). Problem with different bases or location? I simply copied content of dx folder from extracted exkernel kb into system32.

Umm, really ? I research about it.

Here is log file (txt). It seems to be only mpr problem which is usual and seldom made fault so far with programs.

usbaudio.sys (XP) is fully working with skype and logitech webcam software 2.51 (HD Webcam C615 on USB3.0 - it uses usbaudio.sys) on exkernel w2k. But I had some problems with bluetooth audio speaker BOSE and macbook pro on w2k. I don´t remember if usbaudio.sys was involved, I research again.

Another question: why did you remove cryptdlg.dll from new exkernel dvd image HFEXPERT\SYSTEM32 and \drivercab? I cannot understand because it is present in exkernel. I also found you got back to hid.dll 5.0.2195. Can you explain?

k-meleon.txt

Edited by JosefReisinger

On 2016/11/9 at 6:27 PM, commodore128d said:

@blackwingcat

Is there the newest KErnelEX Build for 2000 Prof in German?

Hi commodore128d.

I have uploaded exkernel files DEU v28hG for you and everyone who wants to try it out.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4xT-Ijy4pErYlBDTm9RUWgwQ28

I did not make an installer, so you should install bwc exkernel ENU first and then replace the files with DEU from ZIP archive.

Greetings from Austria Joe

Interestingly firefox nightly 53 is now blocked on XP but still works great on w2k :--). There must be similar threads doing the same thing for XP, I'm sure someone already has firefox going again on that platform.

blackwingcat, is it possible to get a hold of the latest java 6u131 b32?

10 hours ago, sethdm02 said:

Does not work i get and error The error is : It requires IE6SP1 Cumulative Security Update MS12-052(kb2722913)

Put it man . I recommend installing all updates from ms. Windows updates are till working.