KernelEx for Win2000

2 hours ago, MiKl said:

@ BlackWingCat. Your PM box seem to be still full.
Your imm32.dll works under Win98SE/KernelEx ! I just need a build without user32.dll:WCSToMBEx.

I think you should embedded WCSToMBEx on user32.dll or WCSToMBEx replace to other similar function.

does Win 98 have that in ntdll  ?

98se only has Msvcrt:wcstombs.

In addition to WCSToMBEx, User32InitializeImmEntryTable and CliImmSetHotKey will also be needed.
ReactOS has source for all three, so I'll add them to Kex (KernelEx for 9x).

Edited by jumper
In the meantime, they can be implemented with Kexstubs.

is it in any way possible to allow execution of processes that utilize SSE2/3/3.5/4/4.1/4.2/5 instructions to run ?

is it possible to add to win2k the functionality ? I think this will require adding to the kernel the ability to save and restore SSE2/3/3.5/4/4.1/4.2/5 registers for processes, and with the recent modifications that allow some NT6 softweare to run then maybe also AVX/AVX2 instructions ?

Edited by monohouse

@blackwingcat,

I localized exkernel28c. kernel32.dll v7243 refuses to work with k-meleon75.1. If I start k-meleon, message:

"The command 0x77ec71fe references memory in 0x77ec71fe. The operation "Written" could not be done. Click Yes to close or Cancel to debug."

If I go back to kernel32 v7238, no error.

I have attached the error log file. Perhaps you can have a look on it.

Greetings, Joe

drwtsn32.log

Edited by JosefReisinger

Thx your information.

fix to

567FE:0000->558B

I will release replace version.

12 hours ago, JosefReisinger said:

@blackwingcat,

I localized exkernel28c. kernel32.dll v7243 refuses to work with k-meleon75.1. If I start k-meleon, message:

"The command 0x77ec71fe references memory in 0x77ec71fe. The operation "Written" could not be done. Click Yes to close or Cancel to debug."

If I go back to kernel32 v7238, no error.

I have attached the error log file. Perhaps you can have a look on it.

Greetings, Joe

drwtsn32.log

@blackwingcat

I want to integrate the new Windows2000-KB971913-v3-x86-INTL into german exkern hfslip DVD. How should I do it? Can I place in HFEXTRACTED instead of Windows2000-KB971913-x86-INTL?

Greetings Joe

Please Extract it and overwrite msi*.dll and msiexec.exe in Windows2000-KB971913-x86-INTL (not replace inf)

note : localized dll should be copied from deu folder.

Edited by blackwingcat

@blackwingcat

Thank you for briefing!

Should I also replace udate.ver, update.exe, spunist.exe and spupdsvc ?

I did not find WindowsLU-KB923845-INTL.exe in WLU updates. I want to integrate, too. Can you provide a link, please?

I have problem with new d3d9 v5.3.2195.5514 and skype6. If I go to "video settings" skype is closed unexpectibly without error message. Same with video calls or sound test service. If I go back to d3d9 v5.4.2195.5513, no problem. Logitech webcam software works without problems with new d3d9, also no problem with dxdiag.

Installation of new dx files: I only copied extracted dx files into system32 and ran EXKDXCNF.exe (DX9Extension enabled, Registry version DX9). Did I miss something or is it a bug in d3d9?

Greetings Joe

Edited by JosefReisinger

udate.ver should be made blank as same as other my hotfix.

you can check it, as  execute update.exe.

If it shows the update Dialog without error, there will be no error.

Detail description in my blog.

D3D10/11 works fine on nVIDIA VGA only. other VGA has some problem.

Intel HD lacked some OpenGL functions, and AMD is buggy.

6 hours ago, JosefReisinger said:

@blackwingcat

Thank you for briefing!

Should I also replace udate.ver, update.exe, spunist.exe and spupdsvc ?

I did not find WindowsLU-KB923845-INTL.exe in WLU updates. I want to integrate, too. Can you provide a link, please?

I have problem with new d3d9 v5.3.2195.5514 and skype6. If I go to "video settings" skype is closed unexpectibly without error message. Same with video calls or sound test service. If I go back to d3d9 v5.4.2195.5513, no problem. Logitech webcam software works without problems with new d3d9, also no problem with dxdiag.

Installation of new dx files: I only copied extracted dx files into system32 and ran EXKDXCNF.exe (DX9Extension enabled, Registry version DX9). Did I miss something or is it a bug in d3d9?

Greetings Joe

Thx again.

I got WindowsLU-KB923845-INTL.exe from WLU. But there is only small difference in update.inf "update short title". So I don´t think it is necessary to change update in DEU exkernel DVD, isn´t it?

Greetings Joe

P.S. Did you find time to examine ISO file?

On 2016年5月11日 at 11:46 PM, JosefReisinger said:

Thx again.

I got WindowsLU-KB923845-INTL.exe from WLU. But there is only small difference in update.inf "update short title". So I don´t think it is necessary to change update in DEU exkernel DVD, isn´t it?

Greetings Joe

P.S. Did you find time to examine ISO file?

I think you may not worry it.

If you concern it, they should be replaced all.

# Sorry, I am recovering the schedule by long spring vacation's delay now :ph34r: .

@blackwingcat

please fix this

I cannot send you any  message.

Helllo.

Can you please teach me how you add API in various SystemDLL.

Please describe it

Thank you

I gone mad in making ASM File and Reassembling with new functions.

I takes too much time.

I am a lover of XP like you love 2000.

I never want leave my best friend.

pLease understand my fealings

thank you