KernelEx for Win2000

I only copy resource from deu version shell32.dll in KB967715.

Your deu-au version shell32.dll seems broken.

The recommended base address is near address your language's one.

Plz refer load address on Dependency Walker.

Problems are gone now with your fixed file. Can you tell, what was the problem? Do you think the Restorator program is buggy?

I want to know, because it will not be the last time changing resources...

PLZ explain the broken shell32.

I have a second problem when using the (rebased and resource changed) kernel32 v7238. I did not have this problem with v7236 I used before. W2k complains after installation that "kernel32 had to be moved in memory because of gdi32". I did neither change the base address of kernel32 or gdi32. Kernel32 is based DEU 77E70000, gdi32 has same ENU and DEU base 77F40000. To solve it, I changed gdi32 to 77F50000 and the message is gone. Is this a good idea or would you recommend different?

Greetings Joe

Thank you for explanation. So I know it is better to copy the whole resource table instead of changing the lines one per one and filling in the german contents - it seems to be much easier and less time consuming!

I examined the load address of the exkernel files in german environment. I could not do it with depends, because it always will show actual base "unnkown", so I did it with process explorer. There are 2 files which load different than preferred base in DEU environment:

GDI32.DLL and the new RSAENH.DLLv6924. RSAENH has base address 68000000 in ENU and DEU, but it will load 00CB0000 on up and running system. GDI32 should load 77F40000 in ENU and DEU, but loads different in different processes, e.g. 00170000 or 00230000 or 00260000. I made a table with all of the exkernel files with "base address ENU", "base address DEU" and "LOAD address in DEU system". Also msvcirt_vista.dll is suspect, because it has same base address than kernel32_DEU.dll (but I did not use it yet and it was not loaded).

Please, if you would be so kind and have a look on the attached table and tell me what to change.

Greetings Joe

BWC kb935839 v26b5G Dateien mit vista.doc

The reason is that rsaenh.dll is XP's one.

RSAENH.DLL is disallowed to modify on Windows Trust System.

So, we should change GDI32.dll base address.

At first write down main DLL's base address and size to list.

and check and find enough space GDI32.dll .

It prefers address from  6xxxxxxx to 77xxxxxx.

You decide its address and change it.

Thank you for explanation. So I know it is better to copy the whole resource table instead of changing the lines one per one and filling in the german contents - it seems to be much easier and less time consuming!

I examined the load address of the exkernel files in german environment. I could not do it with depends, because it always will show actual base "unnkown", so I did it with process explorer. There are 2 files which load different than preferred base in DEU environment:

GDI32.DLL and the new RSAENH.DLLv6924. RSAENH has base address 68000000 in ENU and DEU, but it will load 00CB0000 on up and running system. GDI32 should load 77F40000 in ENU and DEU, but loads different in different processes, e.g. 00170000 or 00230000 or 00260000. I made a table with all of the exkernel files with "base address ENU", "base address DEU" and "LOAD address in DEU system". Also msvcirt_vista.dll is suspect, because it has same base address than kernel32_DEU.dll (but I did not use it yet and it was not loaded).

Please, if you would be so kind and have a look on the attached table and tell me what to change.

Greetings Joe

Edited by blackwingcat

Hi.

I rebased GDI32 to 77F50000, it is satisifed with this address and will load there (I have to test it further with different applications running, but all other exkernel files remain on their base until now). Exception is again rsaenh. It loads now 00C60000. Should I rebase it, too?

I now make hfguirunonce and add my programs etc. I have a problem with german environment and -

REM Security
set content= > reg2.reg
secedit /configure /db secedit.sdb /cfg %systemroot%\security\templates\hisecdef.inf /verbose

After installation I have an error 489 with ESENT, message: could not open \WINNT.0\HFSLIP\secedit.sdb

Should I add copy to %systemroot%\security\Database ?

Thank you for your help, Greetings

How about  "secedit /configure /db %systemroot%\security\database\secedit.sdb /cfg %systemroot%\security\templates\hisecdef.inf /verbose" ?

Perhaps folder permission problem.

You also can try to do it manually during installation with press Ctrl+SHIFT+ESC and run cmd.exe from task manager.

Hi.

I rebased GDI32 to 77F50000, it is satisifed with this address and will load there (I have to test it further with different applications running, but all other exkernel files remain on their base until now). Exception is again rsaenh. It loads now 00C60000. Should I rebase it, too?

I now make hfguirunonce and add my programs etc. I have a problem with german environment and -

REM Security
set content= > reg2.reg
secedit /configure /db secedit.sdb /cfg %systemroot%\security\templates\hisecdef.inf /verbose

After installation I have an error 489 with ESENT, message: could not open \WINNT.0\HFSLIP\secedit.sdb

Should I add copy to %systemroot%\security\Database ?

Thank you for your help, Greetings

@blackwingcat I tried my best to port latest extended kernel and extended core to my language (CHT) by Replacing Japanese Resources to CHT Resources and it seems working correctly(except I don't have vista\*loc.dll so I leave them unchanged), and I wonder if I can post download link here.

What tool do you use for replacing resource ?

I' m replacing with binary editor and it is very tired  work.

# I'm sorry that resource hacker does not work completely.

I used Resource Hacker 4.2.5 to complete the job, I have older version of Extended Kernel and Extended Core files, and delete resources in newer version(except Version_Info) and import from older version(Overwrite/Check all except Version_Info) and fix language values in Version_Info.

post-135771-0-84349000-1456578646_thumb.

And yeah this takes hours to replace all files in package.

I did some limited testing and it seems working fine here.

%25E6%259C%25AA%25E5%2591%25BD%25E5%2590

My replaced CHT version for your reference: (I changed startup screens in Extended Core for better looking)

extended kernel v26b5G CHT https://mega.nz/#!LMkwSS6D!eaf6zBrvt5Iuc3DFQlyt5eNwWpy1tg2NcHpvV7x_VFY

extended core v16c CHT https://mega.nz/#!mIlXWA5B!xopxRbUI5_ujpbDwTtzxx1nC7W6n9jRaSMd_MnL15ts

Edited by roytam1

Oh, I have used Resource hacker 3.6 till now. :">

I will try it.

In the meantime how many users who want to use Windows Media Player 11 ( without DRM version)for Windows 2000 ?

I released WMP11 Japanese version yesterday.

If there are several users who want to use English version, I will make it localized to English.

I used Resource Hacker 4.2.5 to complete the job, I have older version of Extended Kernel and Extended Core files, and delete resources in newer version(except Version_Info) and import from older version(Overwrite/Check all except Version_Info) and fix language values in Version_Info.

attachicon.gifrhimport.png

In the meantime how many users who want to use Windows Media Player 11 ( without DRM version)for Windows 2000 ?

If there are several users who want to use English version, I will make it localized to English.

Yes, for me there are definite advantages to WMP 11, so I would like an English version to use on Windows 2000 Professional.

Oh, I have used Resource hacker 3.6 till now. :">

I will try it.

attachicon.gifrhimport.png

I'd like to have the english version of WMP 11 in Windows 2000 Pro

Edited by Agorima