KernelEx for Win2000

Can you try to replace lastest GDI+ 1.0 ?

blackwingcat, the shockwave player is the latest 12.2.2.172. It was the same result with the previous one too 171.

- run Windows2000-KB935839-v26bG-x86-ENU.exe

- see %temp%\IXP00*.TMP and copy gdiplus to vista folder.

- press OK (you can change)on option window

- continue setup

- you can install extended kernel  NT6.x mode with most recent version GDI+ v1.0 (5.2.6002.23835)

That did it, shockwave player is coming right in with GDI+ version 5.2.6002.23835. Not only that but the newer quick time player is also still working. Thanks for the fix, it's good to have the latest versions of these files in case of any security threats.

Okay I will add an option selectable GDI+ version.

That did it, shockwave player is coming right in with GDI+ version 5.2.6002.23835. Not only that but the newer quick time player is also still working. Thanks for the fix, it's good to have the latest versions of these files in case of any security threats.

• 3 weeks later...

blackwingcat, are you still testing Firefox on W2k? There's a new problem that just started with e10s or multiprocess in the nightlies v46. If they're enabled, Firefox is dead. It will start but nothing loads and the UI is non-responsive. Since e10s use gdiplus I tried different versions but that didn't do anything. Not sure what it could be but it just recently started.

With e10s disabled it's still useable but beginning early next year Mozilla is removing the ability to disable e10s so that will make Firefox dead on W2k. I'll keep trying to figure out what update might be responsible.

I love palemoon for atom and XP Edition (firefox 25 base ).

I'll check it later.

It seems not to work on Windows NT 5.x.

Thx

blackwingcat, are you still testing Firefox on W2k? There's a new problem that just started with e10s or multiprocess in the nightlies v46. If they're enabled, Firefox is dead. It will start but nothing loads and the UI is non-responsive. Since e10s use gdiplus I tried different versions but that didn't do anything. Not sure what it could be but it just recently started.

With e10s disabled it's still useable but beginning early next year Mozilla is removing the ability to disable e10s so that will make Firefox dead on W2k. I'll keep trying to figure out what update might be responsible.

Edited by blackwingcat

Please can you provide all link for your xp patches?

Any way I have one question i have facing not a valid win 32 application in xp

can you please help me?

can you please provide me permission for adding your patches in my update pack for xp sp3?

I will provide full credit for your patches

please help me

Does Its meaning is Windows XP kernel update ?

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1706829.html

I provided msvcrt.dll for XP only.

kernel32 update (Against valid win 32 application )was Japanese version only.

can you please help me?

can you please provide me permission for adding your patches in my update pack for xp sp3?

please help me

I'll check it later.

Thx

So you tested nightly 46 and are having the same problem on W2k and XP? Is there anything that can be done? It's working for me on XP, only W2k is broke.

It appears to be the tabbar that's unresponsive since it's impossible to even create a new tab.

Edited by DanR20

can you please help me?

please help me

Dibya, google the PosReady 2009 hack for XP, it's a simple registry entry that you add. With that, you can go to Windows Update and download all the latest security patches for XP. PosReady 2009 will be updated until 2019 so there's three more years of XP use.

I'll check it later.

Thx

So you tested nightly 46 and are having the same problem on W2k and XP? Is there anything that can be done? It's working for me on XP, only W2k is broke.

It appears to be the tabbar that's unresponsive since it's impossible to even create a new tab.

Hi.

I checked Windows XP on Hyper-V and I found same problem.

Perhaps it is a bug or Windows NT 5.x  Problem.

Hmm, wonder if there's some kind display driver issues? I'm on XP right now using Nightly 46 with e10s enabled and it's working just fine so there's no way I can file a bug with Mozilla because it's not a problem. I'm only seeing it on W2k.

If it's broke for you on XP would you consider filing a bug with Mozilla:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

It might be the problem is specific to certain systems and not everyone's. There's no chance they will entertain a bug for W2k.

Edited by DanR20

can you please help me?

please help me

Dibya, google the PosReady 2009 hack for XP, it's a simple registry entry that you add. With that, you can go to Windows Update and download all the latest security patches for XP. PosReady 2009 will be updated until 2019 so there's three more years of XP use.

I have that hack already since septembar 2014

I am using pos update addon by 5eraph from RyanVm