KernelEx for Win2000

I released extended kernel v2.5e2.

Perhaps fixed the problem.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1904194.html

@blackwingcat

I have attached full disassembly of outlook.exe with pe explorer. I made disassembly with kernel v7230. If it makes a difference which kernel is used while disassembling and you need disassembly with kernel v7235, let me know.

Greetings, Joe

Is it feasible to add following functions to BWC's KernelEx?

iphlpapi.dll:

ConvertInterfaceLuidToGuid

kernel32.dll:

AcquireSRWLockExclusive

AcquireSRWLockShared

InitializeSRWLock

ReleaseSRWLockExclusive

ReleaseSRWLockShared

It is needed for Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 to run. These functions are missing on Win2003, so I suppose they should be missing on W2K too.

Hi,

I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out this problem.

Don't know why this is happening but after installing a fresh copy of W2K, my video card can not be detected on one particular machine. Device manager shows code 12 on the Intel® 4 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port - 2E21. This port should be shared with the video card but instead it's locked to VgaSave with conflicting memory and I/O addresses.

The machine has a P45 ICH10 motherboard with 2x2GB DDR3 RAM and a Core 2 Quad 2.8 GHZ CPU.
Video card is a MSI GeForce GT 610 2GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCIe 2.0 x16. Installing an older NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290 did the same thing.

Os is W2K Pro Sp4 with UURollup-v11-w20130323 (tomasz86’s HFSLIP program), which was updated to the latest daily, v11-d20141130. Same copy has been used to install W2K on other ICH10 & Core2 Duo machines without a problem.

Windows XP Pro SP3 installed on the adjoining partition without a single hitch using BlackWingCat's nVIDIA 310.70 WQHL drivers. Tried everything but W2K has been fighting me for weeks.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Can you change its IRQ on BIOS menu ?

Are there others device problem ?

Try to became disable Serial / Parallel i/F.

If you can , try to use my HFSlip Integrated Image.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1763141.html

Hi,

I'm hoping someone here can help me figure out this problem.

Don't know why this is happening but after installing a fresh copy of W2K, my video card can not be detected on one particular machine. Device manager shows code 12 on the Intel® 4 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port - 2E21. This port should be shared with the video card but instead it's locked to VgaSave with conflicting memory and I/O addresses.

The machine has a P45 ICH10 motherboard with 2x2GB DDR3 RAM and a Core 2 Quad 2.8 GHZ CPU.
Video card is a MSI GeForce GT 610 2GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCIe 2.0 x16. Installing an older NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290 did the same thing.

Os is W2K Pro Sp4 with UURollup-v11-w20130323 (tomasz86’s HFSLIP program), which was updated to the latest daily, v11-d20141130. Same copy has been used to install W2K on other ICH10 & Core2 Duo machines without a problem.

Windows XP Pro SP3 installed on the adjoining partition without a single hitch using BlackWingCat's nVIDIA 310.70 WQHL drivers. Tried everything but W2K has been fighting me for weeks.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Hi Blackwingcat,

I'm happy you responded.

Unfortunately, there are no BIOS configurations on the Intel DP45SG motherboard for IRQ interrupts, video shadowing, etc. The only options are to disable onboard PCI devices which I already tried. I really liked the latest v11d update and never had a major problem until now.

Yesterday I experienced several minidumps including Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area and PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD's. The RAM tests good and PAE settings don't change anything. This is an Intel Quad Core so I'm going to update the microcode with the KB936357 patch I found on your site. I also noticed during driver loading there was an unusual hang at acpitabl.dat which I have never seen. This looks like an IOCancelIrp error found in Server 2003. Do you know what this is?

Last week I was able to force device detection by installing two PCIe video cards and adding the nvidia registry values by hand. I became very frustrated and decided to yank one of the cards in Windows. After loosing video, I rebooted into Windows where Plug & Play kicked in, detected the GT 610, loaded the drivers, enumerated the remaining registry settings, and I had perfect, high resolution video. Of course this didn't last and on the next reboot Windows vga.sys took over again.

This looks like a bug in W2K's memory mapping or how it assigns resources to the PCIe bus. I agree about upgrading the kernel and looked at the recent postings on MrMaguire's thread but would prefer creating a new slipstreamed OS. After wasting so much time on this machine I'm not quite ready to jump into another project.... yet.

Many Thanks

Hi.

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is well known hardware error as memory error.

Can you check your PC with any tool as hardware check wizard ?

Hi Blackwingcat,

I'm happy you responded.

Unfortunately, there are no BIOS configurations on the Intel DP45SG motherboard for IRQ interrupts, video shadowing, etc. The only options are to disable onboard PCI devices which I already tried. I really liked the latest v11d update and never had a major problem until now.

Yesterday I experienced several minidumps including Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area and PFN_LIST_CORRUPT BSOD's. The RAM tests good and PAE settings don't change anything. This is an Intel Quad Core so I'm going to update the microcode with the KB936357 patch I found on your site. I also noticed during driver loading there was an unusual hang at acpitabl.dat which I have never seen. This looks like an IOCancelIrp error found in Server 2003. Do you know what this is?

Last week I was able to force device detection by installing two PCIe video cards and adding the nvidia registry values by hand. I became very frustrated and decided to yank one of the cards in Windows. After loosing video, I rebooted into Windows where Plug & Play kicked in, detected the GT 610, loaded the drivers, enumerated the remaining registry settings, and I had perfect, high resolution video. Of course this didn't last and on the next reboot Windows vga.sys took over again.

This looks like a bug in W2K's memory mapping or how it assigns resources to the PCIe bus. I agree about upgrading the kernel and looked at the recent postings on MrMaguire's thread but would prefer creating a new slipstreamed OS. After wasting so much time on this machine I'm not quite ready to jump into another project.... yet.

Many Thanks

Will do.

Memory tested ok but this board is VERY picky about DDR3 SDRAMs. Ordered new sticks today by crossing to the exact Elpida chip ID.

All hardware is new except for CPU. Motherboard was original Intel in sealed packaging with last revision (probably an Intel factory refurbish)

The BSOD's only happened yesterday so I'm not too worried. I just reset the memory timings to default and disabled the sound tray drivers so I don't expect anymore crashes.

I'll try running some more tests but this doesn't explain why XP installed on the same drive and has been running perfectly.

In the meantime I have been downloading your cab files and will try to test your HFSLIP soon.

Thanks

I remind certain thing.

Which version Intel INF ?

Original Intel INF has  OHCI and UHCI problem.

It installs wrong device driver.

https://communities.intel.com/message/202179

newer Operating System has native INF, so they have not seen the problem.

The problem was left by Intel still now.

If you installed this wrong inf, you should delete inf (* deleting  device can not delete inf) and reinstall device.

It occurred some problems my X48 chipset PC PCI device and USB device.

Does your USB device have no problem?

You can get fixed version here. This is my Win2000 library site.

http://w2k.flxsrv.org/wlu/wlu.htm

Will do.

Memory tested ok but this board is VERY picky about DDR3 SDRAMs. Ordered new sticks today by crossing to the exact Elpida chip ID.

All hardware is new except for CPU. Motherboard was original Intel in sealed packaging with last revision (probably an Intel factory refurbish)

The BSOD's only happened yesterday so I'm not too worried. I just reset the memory timings to default and disabled the sound tray drivers so I don't expect anymore crashes.

I'll try running some more tests but this doesn't explain why XP installed on the same drive and has been running perfectly.

In the meantime I have been downloading your cab files and will try to test your HFSLIP soon.

Thanks

Edited by blackwingcat

It's funny you mentioned this :angel .

I really wanted an X48 board but they are very hard to find. Instead, I bought the Intel DP45SG Extreme.... both are very similar gaming boards.

Although I don't think drivers are the cause of my current installation problems, the USB driver issue could affect many W2K users.

After installing W2K 6 weeks ago, USB was the first major problem I experienced. I had no USB keyboard or mouse and since the motherboard had no PS/2 ports, I was stuck at Windows login screen :realmad: ! It took days to fix this problem but I'm not sure this was an Intel driver issue. The OS was from another ICH10 machine and before the image was copied, the pci bus was uninstalled so it would re-enumerate on the new machine.

In this particular situation, the problem was caused by Windows Plug & Play process and its enumeration of USB and \HID\Vid_ device combinations. I was planning to post a seperate topic on msfn to determine the default enumeration behavior of these devices in W2K and XP. For years I have noticed this irratating behavior: a) when you boot a machine with a USB mouse or keyboard plugged into a different USB port they are not automatically recognized. B) In Windows the behavior is similar, you plug these devices into a NEW port, P&P kicks in, and you have to keep clicking yes, yes, yes...before they will work. In otherwords, these inf's are already located in C:\WINNT\inf, and the Mouse and Keyboard should install automatically, but they don't without user input. I assume the same thing would happen before a user login.

Q: Do know what causes this particular issue and would your custom usb inf's fix the problem?

BTW, I used Chipset inf v9.1.2.1008.

I have never experienced any other USB problem with Intel's infs. Usually I run a wildcard search with a PCI\VEN string in my extracted chipset directory and select the latest drivers. As I recall, the last version where every W2K driver for the ICH10 series was found was in v9.1.2.1008. This is also what I'm using on my other ICH10 Desktop, a Q45, HP DC7900.

POST ADDENDUM: I just noticed something very interesting. My other Desktop, the HP 7900 (not the problem PC), has a perfectly functioning W2K OS. Even though Windows USB drivers appear to be normal in Device Manager and elsewhere on the system, and has never caused major problems, their flaws may simply be hidden. Running a PCI Bus sniffer reveals a series of empty IO address spaces and unreported details on each of the 6 UHCI Controllers identified in Device Manager as  ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller (3A64-3A69). Registry identifies oem6.inf (aka ICHAUSB.INF) version 9.0.0.1005

It looks like there's a bug in your modded USB drivers.

I downloaded a copy of your Chipset inf from /wlu v9.4.2.1020+v9.4.4.1006+AHCI Bug Fixed version (infinst_autol6.cab)

On a fresh W2K installation with Microsoft's native drivers, I ran the automatic installer and immediately lost USB2. Device manager showed 2 yellow bombs on both USB2 controllers, Intel® ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller – 3A3A, and 3A3C. Rebooting and reinstalling the driver didn't fix the problem. After updating and then selecting a different driver (Windows native Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller) USB2 was fixed.

Please have a look at your ichausb.inf files. In the July 31, 2013 Version 9.1.9 Build 1006, under the section [iNTEL.NT.5.1] the 4 EHCI device drivers are missing a “Services” descriptor which is defined in each of the Intel defaults. The error code in Device manager references Device could not start.

I've made some interesting discoveries about why W2K is causing problems on the DP45SG machine which I will be post separately.

Edited by UberGeek451

It is driver siging problem.

We should ignore driver signing or use self signing. :">

USB 2.0 problem on Win2000 with intel 5 or later chipset is well known. Windows 2000 USB 2.0 driver is separated USB 1.0 driver and XP's one has itself , so we should wake USB 1.0 driver to use USB 2.0

INTEL.NT.5.1 section is XP's so Windows 2000 does not be effected it.

Intel inf driver is usually does not install automatically. We should install manually them :(

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1157500.html
Here is more information.(Japanese)

th Q: Do know what causes this particular issue and would your custom usb inf's fix the problem?

BTW, I used Chipset inf v9.1.2.1008.

I have never experienced any other USB problem with Intel's infs. Usually I run a wildcard search with a PCI\VEN string in my extracted chipset directory and select the latest drivers. As I recall, the last version where every W2K driver for the ICH10 series was found was in v9.1.2.1008. This is also what I'm using on my other ICH10 Desktop, a Q45, HP DC7900.

POST ADDENDUM: I just noticed something very interesting. My other Desktop, the HP 7900 (not the problem PC), has a perfectly functioning W2K OS. Even though Windows USB drivers appear to be normal in Device Manager and elsewhere on the system, and has never caused major problems, their flaws may simply be hidden. Running a PCI Bus sniffer reveals a series of empty IO address spaces and unreported details on each of the 6 UHCI Controllers identified in Device Manager as  ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller (3A64-3A69). Registry identifies oem6.inf (aka ICHAUSB.INF) version 9.0.0.1005

It is Intel native bug.

http://driveragent.com/c/archive/142785/3-0-143

Please see it. :P

It looks like there's a bug in your modded USB drivers.

I downloaded a copy of your Chipset inf from /wlu v9.4.2.1020+v9.4.4.1006+AHCI Bug Fixed version (infinst_autol6.cab)

On a fresh W2K installation with Microsoft's native drivers, I ran the automatic installer and immediately lost USB2. Device manager showed 2 yellow bombs on both USB2 controllers, Intel® ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller – 3A3A, and 3A3C. Rebooting and reinstalling the driver didn't fix the problem. After updating and then selecting a different driver (Windows native Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller) USB2 was fixed.

Please have a look at your ichausb.inf files. In the July 31, 2013 Version 9.1.9 Build 1006, under the section [iNTEL.NT.5.1] the 4 EHCI device drivers are missing a “Services” descriptor which is defined in each of the Intel defaults. The error code in Device manager references Device could not start.

I've made some interesting discoveries about why W2K is causing problems on the DP45SG machine which I will be post separately.

Hi blackwingcat, I was trying to download your latest extended kernel and one of the nvidia drivers from your site, but I appear to be unable to, all I get are errors when I try-is there an alternate download location for those files?

Did you download nvw2k35306.cab ?

if it shows "bad gateway" , you should set browser referer.

if it shows another error, reload that page.

Hi blackwingcat, I was trying to download your latest extended kernel and one of the nvidia drivers from your site, but I appear to be unable to, all I get are errors when I try-is there an alternate download location for those files?

Did you download nvw2k35306.cab ?

if it shows "bad gateway" , you should set browser referer.

if it shows another error, reload that page.

I tried again, this time on my old laptop that has wi-fi instead of my desktop that's stuck on 56k, it's working now-thanks! :)

Edited by OldSchool38